• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

UCC Presents: Suburban Set

Started by Travis, December 01, 2009, 08:58:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Travis

In case anyone is interested, a new beta version of the SS will be available on Christmas. PM me or post here if you'd like to participate in the testing. :)

Anyhow...

thoughts are welcome. ;D

canyonjumper

Nice! Where I'm from though, the part of the driveway the sidewalk crosses, is the same as the sidewalk.

-Jordan
I'm the one who jumped across the Grand Canyon... and lived.

JDOG4545

Great work, a mod for this would be exceptional &apls

Delecto

brilliant work, it will be a vital addition to the game!  :thumbsup:

Good Luck!

DEL!  ;)

jmyers2043

Quotesuggestions are always appreciated

Nice lots. No suggestions at all. Will be much sought after game assets when you're finished with them.

Jim Myers  (5th member of SC4 Devotion)

ecoba

I'm especially liking all of the new work I'm seeing here. This work along with the RLS homes will be great for my projects. I'm really liking those MEGA lots too, Casper! As well as all of the modelings and textures.

If beta testing is still available I would like too!

Keep up the good work...

Ethan

newsimaddict

Long time lurker - have been watching this thread for a while and the results are amazing, the realism and detail in these are so good.

Great work and looking forward to the release!

MattyFo

I am pumped for this, I wanted to do something like this, but I have neither the skill or the steady hands to pull off a procedure like that :P  But seriously good job guys i'll be getting this as soon as it is ready.

Quick question tho? is it possible for you guys to make your houses more likley to grow in-game?? So that i am not deleting house after house waiting for yours to grow in a specific neighborhood. 

Also, I'm lookign to make some nice suburb's, like new modern developments in my city (which I think your project here will do great).  Unfortunatly, I can only seem to grow either low wealth or high wealth  :angrymore:  I BATTED a few high wealth lots but made them look middle class to combat this, but only 2 thus far, anywasy what i am asking is.......Will your high wealth lots look simple and middle class and not, umm, over the top, like the Maxis ones?

!!!!GO HABS GO!!!!

Travis

Quote from: MattyFo on January 21, 2010, 08:05:11 PM
Quick question tho? is it possible for you guys to make your houses more likley to grow in-game?? So that i am not deleting house after house waiting for yours to grow in a specific neighborhood.

Well, its possible, but because you'd have to make the lot stats off-balanced in order to do this, I'll choose a different approach: an optional mod that replaces all maxis R$$ low-density houses with SS homes- which is a viable option as there are more than enough homes available in the project. :)

Quote from: MattyFo on January 21, 2010, 08:05:11 PMAlso, I'm lookign to make some nice suburb's, like new modern developments in my city (which I think your project here will do great).  Unfortunatly, I can only seem to grow either low wealth or high wealth  :angrymore:  I BATTED a few high wealth lots but made them look middle class to combat this, but only 2 thus far, anywasy what i am asking is.......Will your high wealth lots look simple and middle class and not, umm, over the top, like the Maxis ones?

Well, for now when I'm testing in my sandbox region, I raise the taxes to the max on low and high wealth, ensuring only $$ houses grow. and, that coupled with the block-maxis mod (you can get it on the LEX) all I see are my houses. :) As per high wealth lots; they're quite a ways away yet (I want to finish and release the R$$ set first, and knowing me (as well as seeing how long its already taken, this was started in 2008 :P ) god only knows when that will be. ::) $%Grinno$% But, if you're into the art of batting suburban items (you mentioned some high-wealth bats), why not share some pix? the SS is always hiring. ;D You can post here or PM me if you want. ;)

Anyhow, sorry for the hold-up folks- been working on the paperwork and administration aspects of starting a new team. fun stuff. ::) That means when we get a team board, this thread will move again- just notifying you guys in advance. It's like playing hide and seek trying to find this thread sometimes. :D

But, on to the pix!

Comments? :)

joelyboy911

Nice stuff there Travis! Keep it up!
SimCity Aviation Group
I miss you, Adrian

Travis

Thanks. :)

Another picture: (same house model, different color & angle variant)

:thumbsup:

CasperVg

These new homes are looking better and better, Travis! Hope to see more soon...
Follow my SimCity 4 Let's play on YouTube

Travis

Thanks Cas. :)

new pix!

And a night-shot:

comments are definitely welcome. :thumbsup:

thingfishs

Continuing to love your efforts here and I'm sorry I haven't been able to participate more actively with testing etc., my life has been taken over by my BATting project (which is nearly done ;D) I have however still got an earlier version of the suburban set loaded in one of my test cities. Time and time again when I whip out the query tool to investigate a house that's caught my eye, it's one of these. So for me that's evidence of the quality of the work, keep at it.
(and FWIW I've still not had any issues with any of it, they are growing in appropriate (not too many, not too few) numbers and look great)

Travis

thanks. ;)

New update:

comments & suggestions are welcome. :thumbsup:

canyonjumper

Wow! Great BATs Travis! Keep it up!

-Jordan
I'm the one who jumped across the Grand Canyon... and lived.

riiga

Great work Travis!  &apls

Anyway, here's the textures I made for use on some lots:

- riiga

io_bg

Wow! Excellent work, Travis and riiga! Can't wait to see these textures on new lots!
Visit my MD, The region of Pirgos!
Last updated: 28 November

jmyers2043

Jim Myers  (5th member of SC4 Devotion)

cubby420

This is a very impressive project. I can't wait for wide release of these lots. The muted colors and ordinariness (word?) of the homes will add greatly to suburban realism. Keep up the great work!