• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

How to edit this title

Started by FrankU, December 02, 2009, 03:49:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

FrankU

Please, I cannot find it.

I often read threads where the title is changed when there is a new update or something like that. I'd like to do that too in my "FrankU does some lotting" thread. I try but I cannot succeed. How must I do it? :'(

adroman

You edit the Subject line on the first post... Anytime you change the Subject Line the replies after the post will have the edited line as their subject.

Good luck,  :thumbsup:
Adrian.
737s, Air Force, Australia... what next?

FrankU

Quote from: adroman on December 02, 2009, 03:53:43 AM
You edit the Subject line on the first post... Anytime you change the Subject Line the replies after the post will have the edited line as their subject.

Good luck,  :thumbsup:
Adrian.

Is it that simple? I tried to do that, but apparently I did something wrong. Probably because someone had answered already, so the old title was in that post...
So I guess I have to do it immediately in the post and not afterwards when I think about it.

xxdita

If you start the thread, then you can change the opening post's title, but that doesn't really do much good. It's better to update the thread with a new post, and change the Subject before you click Post.

You can also take out the Re: if you'd like.

tooheys

Well with my MD I add each update with a unique post name ( as most people do) and I also copy that name into the first post as well. Any following posts will show up with the new name. Hasn't failed so far.

Dave

xxdita

I guess it's all a matter of how the next person replies to the topic, either using the Reply button, or the quick reply ... so yeah, do both...

joelyboy911

Quick reply? Is there a quick reply feature on SC4Devotion? I don't see it... Are you perhaps using a different forum theme, or thinking of Simtropolis?

Anyway, as far as I know, the name of the reply comes from the name of the first post. You can change the name of the first post, by editing it, same as editing the content of the post.
SimCity Aviation Group
I miss you, Adrian

WC_EEND

yes there is, I use it all the time :P You can enable it somewhere in your account options
RIP Adrian (adroman), you were a great friend

My LOT thread                                    

SCAG BAe146/Avro RJ Project

xxdita

Go to your Profile, click on Look and Layout Preferences.

Then... you should see this:

Toggle it down to "show, on by default"

And then in the forums, you'll now see this:

FrankU

Quote from: joelyboy911 on December 04, 2009, 03:25:33 AM
Anyway, as far as I know, the name of the reply comes from the name of the first post. You can change the name of the first post, by editing it, same as editing the content of the post.

OK, so that's the trick? Edit the name of my own (of course, it's my thread after all...) first post? Thanks!
Sometimes simple things are hard to find.