• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

[REL] SCAG Airbus Project

Started by joelyboy911, January 18, 2010, 01:00:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ShadeSlayer

Quote from: Exla357 on June 16, 2011, 02:49:37 PM
Thanks Joel.
Ok, another question (or two) about ramp textures.

1: I would like to make some of my own vehicle staging line pieces for 747 ramps. I need to know the proper 747 ramp texture ID. From what I can, it is either:
0xb113591a
0xb113592a
Is it one of these, or am I completely off?
2: Same question with 737 textures.

Thanks for your time!

-Alex
The 737 ramp texture is 0x2590100. Your guesses on the 747 texture both work -- they are indistinguishable so it won't make a difference which you use.

Exla357

Jack Bauer

Thank you so much for releasing the first A330s. It's a kind of "after" of the crazy week of the SCAG team. My airport is getting so realistic with all these planes. :thumbsup:

joelyboy911

Just an overview of some progress on the project. Click for full size.

Lots of stuff that will be ready for release very soon.

Enjoy!  :D
SimCity Aviation Group
I miss you, Adrian

Jack_wilds

Thank-you Joely for the update.. it all looks so promising, all I can say "OOO' look at that one!"...

I sure hope to get to go to Airventure '11 in Oshkosh -30 minutes down hwy 41 from me, this year. As I have missed the few and it sucks... every time I go, I see my dad. He was a lifetime EAA member and getting to go every year was a given and now not so much -I miss that guy... so if I go perhaps I will have some photos of neat aircraft to share with scag folks...

Looking forward to the 'soon to be landing at the STEX or LEX, releases'...

take care

Jack

Cyclone1001

I can best describe my reaction as amazed, complete with a slight eye twitch. I have total faith that this project is going to be outstanding.

josh6

Hey SCAG team I've been admirering your work for a long time. Its the best part about SC4

I don't know what section to post this in but I thought I would post it in this one because this is the most active. Are there any new aiport vehicles being made? I'm in need of some de-icing trucks.

Thanks

TekindusT

Hey guys, first of all, let me say big thanks for that wonderful job you've been doing!

I'm just writing to report a problem I'm having with your recently released A330-200 and A330-300 lots:

As you see, the lot texture doesn't show up properly, as it was missing. Otherwise, it shows as usual in your other AXXX creations.

Sorry if this isn't the appropiate place to post this problem.

WC_EEND

Seeing as those 757's use the default 737 (ie: light) ramp texture, I suspect the problem is that the AC Team 747 ramp textures are missing. So my guess is you're missing a dependancy, in specific the one containing the AC Team's 747 (ie: dark) ramp textures.

Xander
RIP Adrian (adroman), you were a great friend

My LOT thread                                    

SCAG BAe146/Avro RJ Project

TekindusT

Solved. I was convinced I had the AC Mega Textures pack in the pack's dependency list, but I was wrong... Thanks for your help!

apeguy

Downloaded the A330 packs and used them, and they are awesome. Quite possibly the best releases so far from the SCAG team, and a big thankyou for releasing them! ;D

Any chance of a progress report on the A340s? ;) I can't wait for them to be released! ;D

The Deltan Empire is here! Click the Banner to have a look! | Kanalka City, Capital of the Barrier Islands

PlayStation Network ID: theapeguy

joelyboy911

Ah, I think what happened was I used the base texture from the AC Texture pack instead of the one that was included in the original 747 pack.  :bomb: Sorry for this inconvenience. Bit of a dumb mistake really.

A340s are coming up very soon too! The MMPs are almost ready to be released and the A340-200 and -300 are mostly rendered with jetways, with the -500 and -600 to follow soon after.
SimCity Aviation Group
I miss you, Adrian

muxcomee

The entire project is a complete success: congratulations for creating one of the most incredibly brilliant planes and stuff:)
I can't wait for the A340's and A380's  &apls &apls &apls &apls &apls

Just one or two things (two things actually)

1. Why is it that on the Virgin Atlantic A340-600 the company logo is different on the Virgin Atlantic A330-300? Like on the A333, the name is bigger, purple and more "modern" whilst on the A346 the name is smaller, blue and less "modern". You don't have to change I'm just wondering. Both look cool anyway.

2. On your A380's (which are amazing, by the way) I reckon the Flight deck windows are too big, and the nose is overly too pointed. Whilst the actual nose is a bit more fatter and the FD windows are smaller. I think someone mentioned this before. I'm not sure. It just makes to the plane look smaller, if ya know what I mean. Thanks fer yeh time. And you don't have to change anything if you don't want to 'cos its pretty minor anyway. HAPPY LOTTING AND BATTING ETC. :)

joelyboy911

Hiya Muxcomee! Thanks for the comment (and sorry for the delayed reply). As for the Virgin Atlantic planes, the A330-300 is their new livery, that was announced a few months ago, and the A340-600 is their older livery (same as Voltaire's 747 used).

As for the A380 - the SCAG team is no longer working on this project, as Voltaire and the AC Team are now creating this aircraft. As such, I will use my time to further develop other SCAG aircrafts, including a revisit of the 777 project.

Thanks for your interest!
SimCity Aviation Group
I miss you, Adrian

muxcomee

Excellent :)
Thanks your reply, and I'll be excited to see some new planes and stuff, Good Luck :) And I just used your A330's in game and they look amazing in HD and stuff. :)

Edit: I just saw your A320's and A340's, boy, they look good. :)) So excited  &apls &apls

[Delta ²k5]

Apropos A320... will we see a HD version? :D The one released is nice, but I like the HD planes... too sad that the AC team will not make their planes in HD. :(

Btw. your catalogue needs an update :P

ShadeSlayer

joelyboy911

Quote from: [Delta ²k5] on September 24, 2011, 11:43:14 AM
Apropos A320... will we see a HD version? :D The one released is nice, but I like the HD planes... too sad that the AC team will not make their planes in HD. :(

Hi Delta, I'm glad you like the releases so far. Regarding the HD rendering - I think I've had a change of heart about the whole thing. When Pilotdaryl was around and HD was new and exciting I thought it was fantastic, and I still see some of those merits, but when all of the terminals and a good portion of the planes will always be in SD, I think I lost the love for it. I will finish the A340 series in HD, but after that I'm really not sure. When a plane takes 6 hours to render, that's the point I start to get frustrated. So for now, SD is in. As for the A320 specifically, that model doesn't look very good in HD...

I'm always happy to hear more thoughts.
SimCity Aviation Group
I miss you, Adrian

apeguy

Quote from: joelyboy911 on September 24, 2011, 03:21:45 PM
Hi Delta, I'm glad you like the releases so far. Regarding the HD rendering - I think I've had a change of heart about the whole thing. When Pilotdaryl was around and HD was new and exciting I thought it was fantastic, and I still see some of those merits, but when all of the terminals and a good portion of the planes will always be in SD, I think I lost the love for it. I will finish the A340 series in HD, but after that I'm really not sure. When a plane takes 6 hours to render, that's the point I start to get frustrated. So for now, SD is in. As for the A320 specifically, that model doesn't look very good in HD...

I'm always happy to hear more thoughts.

Also at certain zoom levels HD models seem to have a lower quality then SD models, and they take up more disk space. So if your planes go SD they'll still be just as awesome. :thumbsup:

The Deltan Empire is here! Click the Banner to have a look! | Kanalka City, Capital of the Barrier Islands

PlayStation Network ID: theapeguy

KoV Liberty

At the second lowest Zoom level, I am disappointed with the HD quality for those models. Plus, almost no one does Z6 pictures because of the bad quality, it was a good idea I think, but a lost cause in the end.

My new MD. Check it out if you wish.

Adrian, I miss you man.