• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Mas'71 works mini pamphlet.

Started by MAS71, November 08, 2007, 06:09:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SC4BOY

MAS71

@Shark7 san
Thank you very much for your very detailed description !! :)  :thumbsup:
and a key-word you wrote "Retaining Walls" and "Gurd Rail" was be my big key-word !!
I search some imgaes on Google with key-word, I could find some good pics and get them now !! :thumbsup:
--> Link to Resoult of Walls
--> Link to Resoult of GurdRail

@SC4BOY san
Thank you for several good observations too !!  ;)
I understand well about your opinion No.2 - Under bridge texture.
I think so at first, however we had small coloring problem with BaseTexture and PROPs. ;D
It is a difficult thing that does the colors of those two parts quite similarly.
but I'll try to make them for good. I'll do my best ! ;)
Ok, I upload a pic of test Lots.

I'll make some PROPs(GurdRail, Fences, Hedge, etc)  and some WallsTexture in my LOTs set.
and I'll make them for SELECTIVE.(You would use LOTs with eache one Texture and one PROPs)  ;)

Thank you again all !!

-Mas'71

SC4BOY

Ennedi

MAS71 san,
Your walls are one of my favourites and I use them extensively  :thumbsup:
So I'm very glad you are going to develop this set.

Quote from: MAS71 on February 01, 2008, 07:51:09 AM
- About Lots -

I will make(remake) about 8 LOTs and more.
1.  1x1 - Wall(only wall)
2.  1x1 - Wall for flat and slope
3.  1x1 - Stair
4.  1x1 - Corner Top (Diagonal Flat or Inner Corner)
5.  1x1 - Corner Bottom (Outer Corner)
6.  1x1 - Diagonale Slope
7.  1x1 - Under Bridge - Right
8.  1x1 - Under Bridge - Left
and more....

My comments:
1. It is very good you want to make the next kind of stairs. Some time ago I had an idea of making stairs which could be used with BSC Parks. This set is very popular and your existing walls look great with it. There are two different alleys in the BSC Park set - the narrow one and the wide one. Maybe you would like to make stairs matching these alleys?
2. I'm not sure if red fences are popular. Your old white fences are very nice, but they are rather good to small town/rural environment. Jeronij's Wire Fences Yellow are very good too, but they are good for an industrial/seaport environment. Maybe something more urban looking, the color can be metallic/silvery or blue? Or maybe you will be able to make some variants?  :) I live in Poland, so I'm not sure if fences from my country can be called "popular" in other countries, but I will look for any examples for you.

Quote from: MAS71 on February 01, 2008, 07:51:09 AM
- Problems -
Please see these pics.

I using a MOD "Diagonal Jagged Edges Mod" by pjot basicaly.
but PROPs that turns in a specific direction is not displayed correctly.  ()sad()
I don't have this means for solving the problems now.
I think that this problem is the specification of SC4.

Does anyone know this means for solving the problems?  ()what()

Thank you for reading everyone !  :)
hoever,
Should I post it on "Project Thread" ?? :-[

-Mas'71

Your problem with props on diagonal tiles is known to other people too. As I remember, Jeronij has the same problem with one of his wall sets and he didn't solve it.
This problem is connected with the SC4 terrain geometry. If you have a diagonal slope and look at one tile, it's corners are not on the same plane. So the crease appears on the tile surface.
This crease can be vertical

...Or horizontal

(All my pictures in this post are positioned exactly as yours - look at the compass in the left uppper corner).
If you have a horizontal crease, you can put a diagonal wall on it.
Unfortunately, it seems the game behaviour is different in the Southeast - Northwest direction (good) and Southwest - Northeast direction (in this direction we see the horizontal crease too, but it is "imitated" by the game. So we can have some problems with props in this direction.

I don't know how to solve it. But...

Your old walls look perfect in both directions!  :D

You want also to make diagonal tiles on slope for example along the sloped diagonal rail. As I remember, nobody made something like this yet. It can be extremely difficult because of very complicated slope shape in this case. But I will think about it...  ;)
New Horizons Productions
Berethor - beskhu3epnm - blade2k5 - dmscopio - dedgren - Emilin - Ennedi
jplumbley - moganite - M4346 - nichter85 - papab2000 - Shadow Assassin - Tarkus - wouanagaine

sithlrd98

Hi Mas san. I also am happy &hlp to see your new walls , and agree about the railing color. I think red is maybe not the best color to compliment them...maybe black or a silver tone? As far as the slope on the walls , it sometimes is trial and error as Ennedi pointed out. I look forward to your final designs and definitely will use them also!!!!!

Gaston

Quote from: Ennedi on February 02, 2008, 03:19:09 AM
MAS71 san,
Your walls are one of my favourites and I use them extensively  :thumbsup:
So I'm very glad you are going to develop this set.

私は完全に同意する。  私はあなたの壁をいつも使用する。  彼らは私の好みである。
I agree completely.   I use your walls all the time.     They are my favorites.

Quotecontinued from Ennedi
My comments:
1. It is very good you want to make the next kind of stairs. Some time ago I had an idea of making stairs which could be used with BSC Parks. This set is very popular and your existing walls look great with it. There are two different alleys in the BSC Park set - the narrow one and the wide one. Maybe you would like to make stairs matching these alleys?

素晴らしい考え。
This would be wonderful.

2. I'm not sure if red fences are popular. Your old white fences are very nice, but they are rather good to small town/rural environment. Jeronij's Wire Fences Yellow are very good too, but they are good for an industrial/seaport environment. Maybe something more urban looking, the color can be metallic/silvery or blue? Or maybe you will be able to make some variants?  :) I live in Poland, so I'm not sure if fences from my country can be called "popular" in other countries, but I will look for any examples for you.

ここに米国に、塀は着色される大抵灰色の金属である。
Here in the United States, the fences are mostly gray metal colored.

Your old walls look perfect in both directions!  :D

---Gaston
白龍

They say that the memory is the second thing that goes....
...dang , I wish I could remember the first.
WooHoo made Councilman - 05 FEB 07 Yipee made Mayor - 13 MAR 07 Hip Hip Hooray made Governor - 04 AUG 07 Rock On made Senator - 15 MAR 09

MAS71

At first,
Please understand one of important thing Ennedi san and Sithlrd98 san and all. ;)
Red Fence is PROP for the experiment !!
They are not regular PROPs ;)
I don't ever seen a fence like then in RL me too :P

@Ennedi san
Thank you for visit to my thread and lot of report and comments !! :D

I love the BSC PARKS set me too !! ;D
I was impressed by the epoch-making technique with Selective-Base-Texture when I was get them. :o
My existing Walls set is mimicked them technique.  (Thanks again Deadwoods san and BSC Teaems!!)
My stair (on this my project) have very simple technic of props I made. ;D
but It's a test-version now. I'll make it a good more little. ;) Do my best!!

and about a big problem - with props on diagonal tiles.
I could find one method of settlement in my existing Wall's diagonal prop.
---> My little report in here
But this Gurd-Rail was not adapt to a sloped tiles. (because, it was make a one PROP.)
I'm trying to make a LOT adapted to sloped tiles this time.

However, Oh my... It problem is not solved by lot of famous BATer in the world !? Oh,,no,,,, ()sad()

Ok !
I'm tested a one thing with test-Lot now and investigated "Height" of each sloped tiles.
Please see these two pics.  "$Deal"$
- Good direction -

- Bad direction -

I might find a certain law from these pics !!  &idea
I'll keep try to test and make good LOTs(and PROP) !!  :thumbsup:

Thank you again Ennedi san !!

@Gaston san
Hi Gaston san  :)
Thank you for your warm comment !
I'm horned to you like my existing walls and you expects to my new one too  :D
I need times more days(or weeks?) for completion these LOTs.  $%Grinno$% I'll do the best for it !!
Thank you!!

-Mas'71

JoeST

I really hope you do find the "laws" for this, because it would be great.

Thankyou MAM San
Copperminds and Cuddleswarms

snorrelli

Hi MAS71 (and all),

First - I'm very glad you're sharing your efforts here with us. I know there are lots of people around here who are interested and willing to help out with useful and experienced insight.

On the diagonals - I was very surprised to see this picture from Enedi:

I think this is not made using Pjot's diagonal jagged edges mod? Then again, how is it straight in both directions? I ask because I too have had the problem with the fence props that get... "swallowed"... on diagonals. It happens to all my retaining walls - literally all of them... 100%. Without pjot's mod, however, I would get a straight diagonal in one direction and "ripples" or "waves" in the other direction. I'm not sure how Enedi here got neither ripples, nor submerged fence props on the diagonals... ()what()
Have you ever had the Prop Pox? Join us to help find a vaccine or a cure.

Totuna e dac-ai murit flăcău ori moş îngârbovit;
Dar nu-i totuna leu să mori ori câine-nlănţuit.

Ennedi

@Hello Patrick (snorelli)!

There are two aspects here (I explained both of them in my previous post):

1. Straight diagonal edges: Yes, it's not Pjot's mod. I'm... err... working with the Diagonal Jagged Edges Mod for all new Cycledogg's terrain mods  ;) and what you see on my pictures is this new mod in action  ;D
But it isn't important if we think about MAS san problem. He said he used Pjot's mod (so he must have an old Columbus terrain mod installed, or maybe no terrain mod at all - I think the second one is true), I have the Italia Terrain Mod, so I had to use my new DJEM mod to have the same situation.

2. Even if you have straight edges, you can have problems with props. Jeronij showed it yet (now I don't remember where), I can show it on Jeronij's walls.
Look at the fences. On the left they are normal. On the right they are partially hidden.

And this was a reason I was surprised that MAS san diagonal walls were such good...

Not every walls cause problems in this situation - these seawalls are Jeronij's too

But they have different structure, the lot is placed on the flat surface and the rest is offset. And MAS san walls are made similarly to this first Jeronij's set...
New Horizons Productions
jplumbley - moganite - M4346 - nichter85 - papab2000 - Shadow Assassin - Tarkus - wouanagaine

snorrelli

Ah... I see what you mean, Adam.

The fence props that are not slope conforming, like MAS71's, do not submerge into the ground on the diagonals.

MAS71

NOB

But the ones that are slope conforming, do submerge...

Buddybud's expansion of Jeronij's original walls

Jeronij

Even though the diagonal jagged edges mod gives the visual impression of a horizontal crease, the game knows there is a vertical crease in that place and the props respond accordingly.

The problem of course with non-slope conforming is that on slopes you get the rigid fences sticking out into the air...
Have you ever had the Prop Pox? Join us to help find a vaccine or a cure.

Totuna e dac-ai murit flăcău ori moş îngârbovit;
Dar nu-i totuna leu să mori ori câine-nlănţuit.

MAS71

Hi Snorrelli san !!
Sorry, Let talk together well later..... :-[

I only report about two result of the test for the time being.   ;)

Result 1 : "I'm really foolish" is one of result. &cry2
I was crazy about solev to problem of PROPs.
I forget a problem about Base-Texture,,,, :P

Result 2 : I could  clear to problem about PROPs on bad-direction !!
Yes !! I got it !!  :thumbsup:

I want to go to bed today. :P
I'll report you details abou it later.  Good night all  ;D

Ennedi

Yes Patrick, you understood perfectly, and in addition you formulated a principle!  :thumbsup:
And I think it's a correct principle...  :)

So, maybe we found a start point to the further investigation of this theme?

Edit: MAS san, you was sent this post when I was writing mine  ;)
And the result you showed is extremely interesting!!!
But no hurry, we will wait patiently for your next results  :thumbsup:

Adam

Edit 2: Finding the right texture for these diagonal lots can be a real challenge... Maybe you would look for something a bit irregular to hide these creases?
New Horizons Productions

sithlrd98

I had noticed the same results with JRJ walls,so I decided to also use NOB walls and MAS walls to get the desired effect since I am not using a terrain mod , but  I am using  Jeronjis' diagonal jagged edges mod (Maxis_DiagonalFix) so I thought I was doing something wrong. Again, good luck and don't give up! (Please?)

MAS71

Hi again, Good morning everyone !  ;D

Well,
Please see pic again that solved problem of PROP for slope on bad-direction.

however, I can't solved problem of Base-Texture. ()sad() huum....

Ok, I report one's method that I found. "$Deal"$
This is the pic which can watch a height for put PROP in a tile to fall under visually.

and You can find a accurate higher erea (edges) for put PROPs on each direciton from this one.
I was make a LOT with fence(PROPs) which was divided by ten and put them on this edge.

This method is very troublesome for make a LOTs like this. $%Grinno$%
and It's very primitive. :P
but I have to say again that I can't solved a problem of Base-Texture..... ()sad()

To greate BATing teachers in a world.  ;)
Please teach me your any good idea or helps if you have othre good method.  &idea

@Snorrelli san, Ennedi san and Sithlrd98 san.
Thank you very much for your polite answering Ennedi san!!  ;)

PROPs by NOB san and me.(correct displayed)
There were put on an accurate edges.
but Jeroni san's PROPs were put on not this edges(not in accurate zone)
A difference of the "How to make then" gave each different result. :)

Ok, I'm already full by this result. ;D
but I can't stop it now,,,,,well, I continue to make new walls in earnest from now :)

Thank you always for reading my no good English post :-[
-Mas'71

MAS71

()sad() I'm sorry friends who expected a good result.  ()sad()

I'd keep a test about problems by diagonal sloped tiles all day.
however, I could not find a method for display correct for all of angle tiles. &mmm
I intend to give up this problem once.
Sorry to my big mouth... :thumbsdown:

Well,
I'll do the best for making Texture and PROPs !!  ;)

Thank you.
-Mas'71

Pat

Mas-san please by far do not give up, your progress has been great and wonderful news to say!!!  :thumbsup: &apls Bravo to you Mas-san for going where and showing where no one has tried before that I know of....

Don't forget the SC4D Podcast is back and live on Saturdays @ 12 noon CST!! -- The Podcast soon to Return Here Linkie

JoeST

Bravo indeed MAS san, you proved to me that your an excellent creator

I was just wondering, would it work together with a slope mod, for example, or not?

It is a great idea btw, and even with the problems it still looks amazing.

Joe
Copperminds and Cuddleswarms

Ennedi

MAS san, I am sure you made the biggest step to solve this problem amongst all walls creators  :thumbsup:
Even without the ultimate solution your progress is excellent and I'm very interested in it.
I'm very sorry my knowledge is too poor to help you at this moment  :)
New Horizons Productions

sithlrd98

Quote from: Ennedi on February 03, 2008, 10:16:38 AM
MAS san, I am sure you made the biggest step to solve this problem amongst all walls creators  :thumbsup:
Even without the ultimate solution your progress is excellent and I'm very interested in it.
I'm very sorry my knowledge is too poor to help you at this moment  :)

I have to agree! No matter what the outcome is , the walls can only be a great addition to any city! &apls

Quote from: star.torturer on February 03, 2008, 09:27:47 AM
Bravo indeed MAS san, you proved to me that your an excellent creator
and even with the problems it still looks amazing.

Joe

Just remember , ultimately You are your biggest critic! :thumbsup: