• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

SC4 Picture Competition

Started by Masochist, March 26, 2007, 01:44:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sEAhAwk fAn121

im gonna go with travis
fila your pic needs more color  :)
9-4 fila

Pat

Kill shot to Ryan

10 Ryan

4 travis

edit by me.....

i gotta say that Ryan you have done something never ever seen before here in the pic compition and  daaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaum that is why you are getting my vote not only is it very colorful
but its very intresting and unique cause with that night cut in..... That is uber sweeeeeeeeetnesss..........

Don't forget the SC4D Podcast is back and live on Saturdays @ 12 noon CST!! -- The Podcast soon to Return Here Linkie

Filasimo

more color really? knowing this IS an ingame shot with various night / seasonal shots blended in different stages whatever ya say. ...anyways good round Travis!  :thumbsup:

Fila, if you post your pictures openly you have to be also open to various types of comments. You cant start a deal everytime that someone criticizes your picture. And it was constructive criticism, because the member is saying what could be improved in his/her opinion. - jeronij-
Plaza Mall Project
http://sc4devotion.com/forums/index.php?topic=2171.0
Coming Soon to the LEX!

NAM Team
What can NAM do for you?
//

Kumba

To put it in, I vote for Fila,

11 - 4

edited - not reasonable ans sarcastic comments - jeronij
______ F L Y  S C A G J E T S ______
The Most Reliable, Helpful, Diverse SimCity Aerospace Group LOTs BATs and MODs

Pat

To bad Kumba your vote technicaly doesn't count but if it did,  I so love your discription of what a wonderful colorful shot Ryan made there.... You cant ask for such more beauty then that.... My goodnes the base textures alone and the like i said in my edit that Ryan has done a revolutionary thing here wow.....

So back to topic who is gonna challenge Ryans Plaza Mall shot.....

Don't forget the SC4D Podcast is back and live on Saturdays @ 12 noon CST!! -- The Podcast soon to Return Here Linkie

porter66083

Well, I have a challange....

vs

And may I say, Ry, I think your picture does have a great variety of colors....

You decide their fate...
Timbervale

"Ok class... this week we graduate from 'Rock, Paper, Scissors' to 'Bazooka, Tear Gas, Butcher Knife'..." -derived from a Maki Murakami manga

Pat

Porter i love your shot, its great and all but Ryan still has my heart here, Im sowwies

1 Ryan aka filasimo
0 Porter

Masochist

Hmmm...

Seems that there was a difference of opinions in here while I was at the football game I went to.  I'll look deeper into why someone was so heartily hounded when simply stating an opinion, so I'll leave the actual incident alone for now.

I will say, however, that Kumba's comment was out of line.  I'd rather you not attack people for stating their opinions.  It's cool to have a difference of opinion...or even to say, "I don't agree with that, I think this."  Kumba's comment, though, wasn't simply a statement of opinion, but making fun of someone because his opinion is different.  That's not cool :thumbsdown:

So to everyone: Do not do that in here.  People will vote for who they will, and they may have different opinions than you.  That's cool...but do not make fun of them or attack them because of it.  We haven't really had a big problem with that in all the 270-something pages of this thread; I'd really like to keep it that way.

As far as this thread is concerned, the incident is over.  That's that %wrd.

And I vote for Filasimo.

2/0 Filasimo
(Under Construction)

Heblem

I really like filasimo picture... let me tell you that the parking lot is one of the best i have seen for sc4... about porter picture its really nice but too much "rain" so i cant see the detail of the picture.

3/0 Filasimo

thundercrack83

bwatterud

Voting for porter, because I like the overall effect.  The rain is a tad heavy, but I still like it. 
4-1 Fliasimo

@Masochist-what football game did you go to? 

porter66083

Bringing over pictures.....

vs

Score: 4-1 Filasimo in lead...

You decide their fate...
Timbervale

"Ok class... this week we graduate from 'Rock, Paper, Scissors' to 'Bazooka, Tear Gas, Butcher Knife'..." -derived from a Maki Murakami manga

Masochist

Quote from: bwatterud on October 06, 2007, 11:27:26 PM
@Masochist-what football game did you go to? 

Texas Tech vs. Iowa State (I go to college at Tech).  We won! ;D
(Under Construction)

tooheys

5-1 Filasimo

porter that's a nice pic, but I agree with bwatterud that the rain is bit heavy and obscures too much detail

Ennedi

Porter, your pic is very good done!
An artificial lakeside of the PEG's pond kit, road and forest look much more natural in this rain, and fires make this scene more colurful and alive  &apls
But I love this mall - facades, umbrellas, and especially these stone tiles and fountains at the fron of Liverpool (very old but my favourite ;))

So my vote is for Fila  :thumbsup:

6-1 Fila

PS. And the idea with night/day view is really good!
PPS. Dave, I think it is intentional this rain obscures some details
New Horizons Productions
Berethor - beskhu3epnm - blade2k5 - dmscopio - dedgren - Emilin - Ennedi
jplumbley - moganite - M4346 - nichter85 - papab2000 - Shadow Assassin - Tarkus - wouanagaine

Filasimo

@Ennedi....actually if you look very closely, I also made seasonal slices of the mall alongside the night/day transitions. So in sense the pic has 3 styles:
1. night shot with the oak tree during the fall
2. day shot with the oak tree during the spring
3. day shot with the oak tree during the fall

just another interesting fact of the pic if anyone had noticed  ;)
Plaza Mall Project
http://sc4devotion.com/forums/index.php?topic=2171.0
Coming Soon to the LEX!

NAM Team
What can NAM do for you?
//

RippleJet

After some consideration... voting for Filasimo

7-1

bat

I also vote for Filasimo,

8-1, Filasimo.

Ennedi

Quote from: Filasimo on October 07, 2007, 12:54:34 AM
@Ennedi....actually if you look very closely, I also made seasonal slices of the mall alongside the night/day transitions. So in sense the pic has 3 styles:
1. night shot with the oak tree during the fall
2. day shot with the oak tree during the spring
3. day shot with the oak tree during the fall

just another interesting fact of the pic if anyone had noticed  ;)

Yes, Now I see 3 slices in 3 styles!!!  &dance Fantastic idea!
But the difference between 2 and 3 is veeery subtle, most people can simply think there are two different trees here ;)
And you are right it is interesting how people look at pictures (but sometimes you can experience a surprise, if someone point you up something you don't see in your own picture :D)
New Horizons Productions
Berethor - beskhu3epnm - blade2k5 - dmscopio - dedgren - Emilin - Ennedi
jplumbley - moganite - M4346 - nichter85 - papab2000 - Shadow Assassin - Tarkus - wouanagaine

stewart_garden

Porter for me.

8-2 to Filasimo
First things first, but not necessarily in that order.