• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Draggable Texture Project

Started by Filasimo, July 03, 2007, 09:02:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Filasimo

from the ashes: for now well be applying this to existing textures so if calla has a water texture then most likely we can implement it. as i said before this will be a long journey implementing this type of technology on textures since the we at the NAM team are working on numerours projects atm so as i always say -stay tuned-  :)
Plaza Mall Project
http://sc4devotion.com/forums/index.php?topic=2171.0
Coming Soon to the LEX!

NAM Team
What can NAM do for you?
//

callagrafx

The water texture is not a bitmap but a bump map...not sure how it would render from the top elevation but I can try and supply as a bitmap for making into a game base texture if you guys want it.  This is a very interesting development, nice one  :thumbsup:
The trouble with having an open mind, of course, is that people will insist on coming along and trying to put things in it

Swamper77

Quote from: Zaphod on July 05, 2007, 12:25:59 PM
Cool!

Just curious, I dont know anything about pathing, is there is a difference between buses and cars, or is pathing just for road vehicles in particular? What im asking is if it would be possible to make a draggable Busway or maybe mod the monorail and have a new network that would be streetcars separate from GLR

The car paths on the various roadway networks are for all road traffic: cars, buses, freight trucks, and emergency vehicles. Any custom automata that is based off a road vehicle will also follow the car paths on the networks.

A draggable busway is possible, but you would need transit-enabled lots to act as a "filter" to limit the traffic that tries to access the busway. Someone was once working on such a mod, but it involved puzzle pieces instead. It was abandoned at ST, in the Transit Modding section. So texture- and path-wise, it could be done, but you would need some customized transit-enabled lots to filter out everything else but buses and pedestrians.

-Jan
You can call me Jan, if you want to.
Pagan and Proud!

Shadow Assassin

Well, that's brilliant news, Swamper! I've been dying for draggable dedicated busways (even though we have to filter out traffic) - at least we can differentiate between ordinary roads and dedicated busways. :P
New Horizons Productions
Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dedgren ♦ dmscopio ♦ Ennedi
emilin ♦ Heblem ♦ jplumbley ♦ moganite ♦ M4346 ♦ papab2000
Shadow Assassin ♦ Tarkus ♦ wouanagaine
See my uploads on the LEX!

Filasimo

SA actually me and alex have been talking about how to develop the bus lanes on top of other concepts we talked about all u would need is a special controller puzzle piece as jan had mentioned
Plaza Mall Project
Coming Soon to the LEX!

NAM Team
What can NAM do for you?
//

Pat

Ryan this is simply stunning work here wow... I love it... i wish i knew how to mod somewhat more then what i can do far as a lotter... and that is basic still

Don't forget the SC4D Podcast is back and live on Saturdays @ 12 noon CST!! -- The Podcast soon to Return Here Linkie

Swamper77

Quote from: Filasimo on July 07, 2007, 04:10:43 PM
SA actually me and alex have been talking about how to develop the bus lanes on top of other concepts we talked about all u would need is a special controller puzzle piece as jan had mentioned

You can't set a puzzle piece to specify what types of traffic are allowed on it. All the road traffic (Car, Bus, Freight Truck) use the same path type (Car), so transit-enabled lots will be needed for the busway project. You cannot create a puzzle piece to "filter" the traffic.

-Jan
Pagan and Proud!

Filasimo

i see jan well we were talking about some kind of piece kinda like how someone made that hov bus lane lot a while back but ill have to ask him how we had it planned
Plaza Mall Project
Coming Soon to the LEX!

NAM Team
What can NAM do for you?
//

Shadow Assassin

It's actually quite easy to filter traffic on a TE lot, using the SC4Tool. There are a number of settings in one of the tabs - anything relating to cars (in/out, etc) should be deleted, with entries for buses and pedestrians.

It's also a good idea to limit the TE lot to through traffic only, otherwise you'll have cars 'jumping' to the busway, likewise with buses.
New Horizons Productions
Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dedgren ♦ dmscopio ♦ Ennedi
emilin ♦ Heblem ♦ jplumbley ♦ moganite ♦ M4346 ♦ papab2000
Shadow Assassin ♦ Tarkus ♦ wouanagaine
See my uploads on the LEX!

Swamper77

Quote from: Filasimo on July 08, 2007, 09:38:11 PM
i see jan well we were talking about some kind of piece kinda like how someone made that hov bus lane lot a while back but ill have to ask him how we had it planned

I'm sorry I kept debating you. When you say "piece", the first thing that jumps to my mind is a "puzzle piece". If by "piece", you are referring to a transit-enabled lot, then my apologies for misunderstanding you.

-Jan
Pagan and Proud!

Filasimo

its ok jan im still all new to this i may have the innovativeness of what im aiming for but when it comes to technical  transit modding terms its almost like alien language to me :-[
Plaza Mall Project
Coming Soon to the LEX!

NAM Team
What can NAM do for you?
//

Pat

Its all good Ryan by the time you finish this project you would have grown by leaps and bounds...

Don't forget the SC4D Podcast is back and live on Saturdays @ 12 noon CST!! -- The Podcast soon to Return Here Linkie

hconline

Totally awesome.  &apls

But, do you think you could smooth out the edge pieces to a beach like texture. The abrupt ending is very ugly. %wrd
Life is like a butterfly, ephemeral, yet beautiful beyond belief. -Me

Filasimo

um hcoline: be aware that this is only the prototype and not the final version please check back for further updates. thanks
Plaza Mall Project
Coming Soon to the LEX!

NAM Team
What can NAM do for you?
//

Moshi

Hmm... how about draggable runways with plane automata? ;)
Edit: already mentioned :-[

Sir Charles of Dunlap

With the ability to drag different street textures? I am kind of interested in the idea. Are bridges draggable?

-Charlie

Filasimo

moshi-san i already answered ur comment per msn
sir charles ur probly confused with my project and the SAM......bridges are developed and discussed in the bridge engineers needed thread. hope that helps with what ur asking. thanks for stopping by!
Plaza Mall Project
Coming Soon to the LEX!

NAM Team
What can NAM do for you?
//

Sir Charles of Dunlap

Not to sound cocky or something, but I was just wondering. I read my old comment, I wasn't very clear in what I said, actually I am not sure what I meant... lol I am not even old and I don't know. lol No offense to any elderly lurking here. Man as I read it it makes less and less sense... I need to see a Dr. Anyways. I think what I was trying to get at was two questions, with the plop and drag method are bridges possible, and kind of an already answered question would a person be able to create different street textures, and have them work, like a different plop for each mod... I guess I was kind of having an adolescent senior moment. If I keep this up I'll have Alzheimer's when I'm 20. I am interested in this concept, and would kind of like to know how to put the plop and drag pieces together. I would kind of like to get involved.

-Charlie

Filasimo

hehe sir charles again u really must be confused  :-[ with how we have it designed with the draggable technology it is possible (someone correct me on this) and with your second question u should read jplumbeys street addon mod thread. hope this helps and ya get checked on soon! hehe if you would like to help pm me what u can do and we can talk in private.....laters!
Plaza Mall Project
Coming Soon to the LEX!

NAM Team
What can NAM do for you?
//

jplumbley

Quote from: Sir Charles of Dunlap on July 18, 2007, 09:02:35 PM
and kind of an already answered question would a person be able to create different street textures, and have them work, like a different plop for each mod...

Street Addon Mod - SAM

Charles, I think you will be pleasentally surprised when you read this thread.  You can add more than streets :P
"You learn something new everyday."

http://img517.imageshack.us/img517/169/nhpjplumbleykv3.gif
Bringing the new horizons closer to reality.

Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dmscopio jplumbley ♦ moganite ♦ M4346 ♦ Dedgren ♦ Ennedi Shadow Assassin ♦  Tarkus ♦ wouanagaine
Street Addon Mod - SAM