• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Whale's Christchurch --- I love Ellesmere

Started by fighter_jingyu, May 23, 2010, 07:07:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jafmo

UAU. Very, very nice work. Fantastic  :thumbsup:

fighter_jingyu

Quote from: WC_EEND on May 24, 2010, 07:55:14 AM
I just had dinner, and here are some more great pictures.  I don't know why, but your Md always seems to inspire me to build cities in a way that had never crossed my mind before (like using that suspension bridge in that way). Also, those are some of the most realistic mosaics I've ever seen. Looking at those pictures, I can alsmost feel the atmosphere of a real city.
On a side note: instead of posting after yourself, you could also use the "edit" button.

take care

Xander
thanks again and i'm proud my pics could give your new originality :thumbsup:
unfortunately i have never been aboard, even in my dreams. but i like to travel by google earth :D a fast and inexpensive way :thumbsup:
i like Paris, for it's ideal appearance and virescence. so i'd like to make my christchurch like that, too.
Quote from: Tomas Neto on May 24, 2010, 07:55:53 AM
A W E S O M E ! ! !   &apls  &apls  &apls
T H A N K Y O U V E R Y M U C H ! ! ! :D :D :D
well there are still some more pics today,
so let's continue.

you'll feel hard to learn this:
all these 4 mosaics were cut in one pic. the one i  made a total overview above. the full resolution of the biggest one is 10450x8716.
sorry i can't upload this, for no websites would apply this upload request.
i captured the screemshot at nealy all the airspace of ellesmere in zoom4 and put them together in photoshop.

but i'll say, the photoshopping was not the worst things i did during these days, but the capturing was.
you know.. i got an ati hd3470 graphic card in my notebook, and i wanna full rendered shadow when i print screem.
everyone knows that ati card fit unfriendly with the game,
so.. my game turned down to the PowerPoint, and nearly 15 seconds refresh a new frame.

full resolution
since those mosaics were pieces of a big one, i'm afraid some stuff would be cut such as plaza, park or railyards..
so i re-slice up again.

in this pic you'll figure out the buildings near the central station and railyard #1. the heavy rail system has electrization already.
i modified the Catenaries mod by plunder with some prop iid changes. special thanks plunder and smtfrank who help me with the technical issues.
so now you see these catenaries are rectilineal like elevated rail one. because in china we used to see these catenaries instead of a curved one..

and this one:

full resolution
focus on the "CBD" %confuso
though it just have 3 "skycrapers"

full resolution
i really like this roundabout.
the idea to create this came out oneday i was watching Paris in google earth with my friends.
and the small railyard #2, too.
besides the rail yard, there is a locomotive museum right there. french locomotives?? yeah.. there was a exhibition of French locomotive. do you know Alston?
and do not ask the question like this: how did you drive those locos into your museum??? %confuso %confuso %confuso

full resolution
Christchurch university and central labrary, plaza.
it would be a nice place for boys and girls fall in love with.. cuz there are too many trees.
and my friend pay a lot interest on the strange roundabout, he asked me:"i wonder how people come inside to the little plaza of the roundabout.."
i: "... ... ..."

and the finally pic today:

full resolution
hilton, intersection, passenger port, central station and some downtowm area.

wish you have fun with my pics, good night everyone :thumbsup:

new pics would come several days later %confuso

~Whale's Christchurch~ a place nearby

i_love_lamp

canyonjumper

Awesome stuff! I like your CC and your roundabout ideas ;D

-Jordan :thumbsup:
I'm the one who jumped across the Grand Canyon... and lived.

Panda_Power

Nihao fellow Chinese SC4 fan! :)

I live in China too, in Shanghai, and I just wanted to tell you that your city and the way you present it in your pics is just stunning! I also really like the contrast in your pics that really makes the buildings etc. really stand out and not just look like flat images.

You obviously take a lot of care and pride in the way you build your cities and the way you like to display them and that's what really sets your MD apart from a lot of others.

Well done and keep up the good work! Can't wait to see more!  :thumbsup:

Mark
(British)

planetechef

:o :o superbe  &apls i'm late but i like very much the first pictures of your MD, your city is beautifull so far  :thumbsup:
& coming soon "Sakura Republic".

T9Express

ecoba

Just amazing work here, my friend. Ellesmere really is a beautiful city. :)

Ethan

marsh

This is amazing work here &apls &apls 

,marsh :thumbsup:

swashbuckler

Haljackey

Wow, fantastic work once again!

Question: how did you get the asphalt highway texture to apply to your trumpet interchange in the last pic in your last update?

Orange_o_

°   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °  

fighter_jingyu

well sorry my friends, i'm late for the comments.
and sorry again no new pics at this time ;D

replies:
@Neofita, canyonjumper, planetechef, T9Express, ecoba, marsh and Orange_o_,
thanks a lot my friends~ i'm so glad you love my pics and my city :P

@Panda_Power
thanks my friend~ and what a cute panda :D
so i guess you're a british now living/working in shanghai. it's a huge and ablare city isn't it :D
and i hope you already can speak chinese now :D
just like you said in your reply, i like those w2w buildings more than these edifices, but as you said, without them, the city would look flat.

@Haljackey,
hi there, i wanna thank you for your sharpe eyes, but i'd say sorry for disappoint you, that the old asphalt highway doesn't affect the nam interchanges you know, so the image you saw is a photoshop work. i'm sorry man :-[
but i do like the old asphalt mod's grey color and once i opened the old&new version of this mod and wanna see the contrast between them. and then i found it was beyond my power to make the old apply the new interchanges in the original way %confuso
so i had to turn to PS to make it happen :-[

io_bg

Awesome work! Everything is so realistic and great-looking! The network layout is very nice as well. Can't wait for more pics!
Visit my MD, The region of Pirgos!
Last updated: 28 November

kelis

Awesome work ! i like the seawalls and the sistem transport  &apls &apls
.                                                                                                                      

|| Benelux Team || Windows on the World || My Photos on Flickr || Kelis BNL Projects ||

art128

You're certainly off to some awards ! As Ioan said everything looks so realistic my friend, nice work ! That last mosaic is really my favorite !

-Arthur. :thumbsup:
I'll take a quiet life... A handshake of carbon monoxide.

Props & Texture Catalog

swashbuckler

Where did you find that sidewalk texture? I can't find it  :'(
Did you make angle bricks default base for all objects, instead of maxis white base texture? If so how did you do it? I wan't to learn.  ?$%kar&%h

fighter_jingyu

早上好 everyone :thumbsup:
whale's back again.

of couse comments come first %BUd%
Quote from: io_bg on May 27, 2010, 09:21:01 AM
Awesome work! Everything is so realistic and great-looking! The network layout is very nice as well. Can't wait for more pics!
Quote from: kelis on May 28, 2010, 06:30:00 AM
Awesome work ! i like the seawalls and the sistem transport  &apls &apls
Quote from: art128 on May 28, 2010, 09:52:54 AM
You're certainly off to some awards ! As Ioan said everything looks so realistic my friend, nice work ! That last mosaic is really my favorite !

-Arthur. :thumbsup:
thanks a lot my friends :thumbsup:
yeah.. i'm trying to make these pics look real, and i'm so glad you noticed about that ;D
and the new pics come below right now~

Quote from: swashbuckler on May 29, 2010, 08:41:22 AM
Where did you find that sidewalk texture? I can't find it  :'(
Did you make angle bricks default base for all objects, instead of maxis white base texture? If so how did you do it? I wan't to learn.  ?$%kar&%h
well please stop crying my friend :) let's figure it out.
there must be not only one way to make it happen, but i just show my way.
you're right, this is angled bricks texture by Deadwoods, i just made some color change and rebuilt a .dat texture file with the instance ID range from 4da44600~4da44604. yes, the bsc parks texture's IID. ←this is the first step.
usually i'm used to open LE to modify those Lots with new base textures, and except that, i often add some extra props on the Lots, too. such as: porkissimo trees, etc.
i think you would already know how to change textures in LE. just remember if you wanna make your own texture, gave them a particular instance id and keep it in mind.
you'll quote it in your LE or in other development tools.
if you just wanna to change Lots' base texture without other modification, and you have the target texture's IID, that won't be necessary to open LE, an reader is avaliable.
open target Lot in ilive reader, and check exemplar file with "LotConfigPropertyLotObjectData". please notice the first HEX value, if it is "0x00000002", that means this object is a texture. we get total 13 different values in this data, and the last one is texture's IID. you can replace the texture iid value with the target one.
and i'm confused about how to differentiate the base texture and overlay texture by those value. so till now, i can modify texture this way only when this Lot doesn't contain an overlay texture..

i just made all lots' textures point to 4da44600, that comes the result as you all seen. and oneday, if i wanna change a new texture, simply create a new one with the iid above, and all city's textures would change at once.
and if you want to unite all game base textures in one, except Lots' textures, you should also build your own sidewalk textures. you can learn from released sidewalk mods such as SMP sidewalk Mod.

would those words help you? %confuso %confuso

Quote from: mong0ose on May 29, 2010, 09:50:57 AM
It is realistic as if it sees the photograph and it looks better your that is careful.
So, affection feels in city  ;D
Also, there are a lot of points that diagonal space practical use excels and learns in your picture. &apls
I will refer to this thing. ;D

well it is a little difficult to catch your words at once. but i assumably understand finally :thumbsup:
thanks a lot :thumbsup:
your signature is oriental and just like home :thumbsup:

after the comments, new pics come out below. do you like night pieces? well they're not "night" actually :-[ :-[

fighter_jingyu

i don't know whether the game renders shadow at the night sight. but i turned it off for an easier capture operation.

full resolution
railway system, elevated rail, roundabout, little lake and etc. please ignore the polish office, which is a dark night model.

full resolution
a big Carrefour, college and dormitory complex, labrary, museum, and the so called CBD again.

full resolution
stations, central area and shoreline...

full resolution
interchange, and the statue.

full resolution
staple centre, city hall, gov edifice and a small port.

full resolution
the central area of Ellesmere

click here for full resolution preview page
sorry for this huge one!
the skydrive refused to make a Thumbnail, just a pic logo which contains a cyberlink to the original pic.
please just press the picture logo to continue.
i'm sorry about this too.
and this is the last pic today~~

wish you love them :party: :party: