• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

RHW (RealHighway) - Development and Support

Started by Tarkus, April 13, 2007, 09:10:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pat

Shardz if you look at the top here......

QuoteRELEASES:
Current Version
Rural Highway Mod (RHW)--v20 Beta--Windows | MacOS--released January 1, 2008    NEW!

Its still Beta  $%Grinno$%

Don't forget the SC4D Podcast is back and live on Saturdays @ 12 noon CST!! -- The Podcast soon to Return Here Linkie

Filasimo

Pat is indeed correct! Thats why its very important to read the material covering our great products!  ;)
Plaza Mall Project
http://sc4devotion.com/forums/index.php?topic=2171.0
Coming Soon to the LEX!

NAM Team
What can NAM do for you?
//

dragonshardz

Oh. I thought it was more or less finished, i.e. not beta. I tend to ignore the sticky post now anyway unless i notice something new.

rickmastfan67

Quote from: dragonshardz on January 19, 2008, 10:09:15 PM
Oh. I thought it was more or less finished, i.e. not beta. I tend to ignore the sticky post now anyway unless i notice something new.

Well, you should learn to look @ the main post that's at the top of each page at least once every day. ;)  You don't know when Alex might update it, plus we don't want to keep having to tell you to look at it. :P
-- James Mast, aka: rickmastfan67
Painter/Public Relations at: Masgrafx Racing.

Check out the 9/11/01 Car Set Checklist.

Take a look @ the JPG Compression tutorial.  A must read to help cut away unnecessary file size from 500k+ images to help dial-up users out.

Hutts

After playing with the v20 release, i would suggest that the style a and style c on/off ramps should come out 2 tiles from the rhw instead of 1, this would allow for much more compact interchange setups especially in a sunken highway, or sunken overpass interchange setups.
Visit my sites
Snowmobile Michigan

cps

Hi, I need help on the 4 to 6 rhw piece.  I have tried to get the pieces to work in opposite direction using the side by side method from the reference guide.  For some reason, it keeps wanting to go to the same direction is its opposite or 4 to 6 one way and 6 to 4 another way.  Is there another way to go 4 to 6 in the on the opposite direction?

schm0

More Suggestions:

• Multiple puzzle pieces for MIS to allow for 45 and 90 degree smooth curves.
  • Stops signs/stop lights at MIS/Maxis network intersections. (Puzzle pieces, please... not merely one or the other)
schm0

Palpatine001

Quote from: Haljackey on January 18, 2008, 06:09:05 PM
Rail Addon mod?  Really?  Wow...

Whats the next 'AM?  HAM? (Highway Addon Mod), TAM (Terrain Addon Mod), AAM (Airport Addon Mod), etc?  Eventually, we will run out of the 'AMs LOL!

Oh and Tarkus, V.21 sounds very cool!  Variable width elevated RHWs?  Great.  Now I need to prepare my Elevated highways for a complete overhaul  :P (like I did to my ground highways for V. 20)

Best,
-Haljackey

What ever the case it breaths new life in SC4 all the time, and errr creates a new set of challenges when having to do redevelopment work for Solaria.

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: to the *AM Team  :P
Now Idle
Please leave a message after the beep and I'll get to you as soon as I can bother

Filasimo

as for everyones requests, keep in mind this IS just version 20 and there will be future versions coming out so stay tuned, as for your issue cps, are you making sure to rotate the piece? and do you have enough room to rotate it? in the future if you are having issues please post in the NAM issues thread not here and please provide a picture of the problem. thanks
Plaza Mall Project
http://sc4devotion.com/forums/index.php?topic=2171.0
Coming Soon to the LEX!

NAM Team
What can NAM do for you?
//

pagenotfound

btw cps, to rotate a building or whatever, you use the home and end keys (7 and 1 on your number pad) but make sure num lock is off this will make the toolbars dissapear but to see them again click on a little box in the lower left.
Im back baby! Everybody do the Bendah!

schm0

Another trick, if it's still not working, is to rotate the puzzle piece outside the intended network altogether. When hovering over the network I want to drop the puzzle piece on, it doesn't always select the correct rotation I desire. I usually rotate it off to the side, then bring it to hover over the network, and *poof*! It plops. :)
schm0

kassarc16

Just had a small suggestion, though I'm the team's already thought of it: Grass shoulders for the MIS. The grass looks great for the RHW, but having the concrete on the MIS doesn't look right.

I also had a question about the wide curves for the RHW. They seem to have the old bug that the RHW used to have with incomplete paths. When you place them the game locks up for a few seconds.

Oh, and I don't know if anyone posted an answer to my earlier question, but is there a texture whiz working on touching up those pieces to mesh better with the rest of the RHW?

rickmastfan67

Quote from: kassarc16 on January 21, 2008, 02:23:49 PM
Just had a small suggestion, though I'm the team's already thought of it: Grass shoulders for the MIS. The grass looks great for the RHW, but having the concrete on the MIS doesn't look right.

Don't worry, they will have them once I complete my texture overhaul of them. ;)

Quote from: kassarc16 on January 21, 2008, 02:23:49 PM
Oh, and I don't know if anyone posted an answer to my earlier question, but is there a texture whiz working on touching up those pieces to mesh better with the rest of the RHW?

Yes.  That would be me.  Just look a few pages back and you'll see the overhauled RHW-2 > MIS transition piece. ;)
-- James Mast, aka: rickmastfan67
Painter/Public Relations at: Masgrafx Racing.

Check out the 9/11/01 Car Set Checklist.

Take a look @ the JPG Compression tutorial.  A must read to help cut away unnecessary file size from 500k+ images to help dial-up users out.

Tarkus

kassarc16, thanks for reporting the lock-up on the RHW curve placement as well--I'll take a look into it; it'll probably just be a matter of adding "dummy paths".

-Alex (Tarkus)

Shadow Assassin

Quoteit'll probably just be a matter of adding "dummy paths".

Not probably, but definitely. It's needed. At least kassarc reminded you about that little problem, which I have brought up from time to time. Heh. :P
New Horizons Productions
Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dedgren ♦ dmscopio ♦ Ennedi
emilin ♦ Heblem ♦ jplumbley ♦ moganite ♦ M4346 ♦ papab2000
Shadow Assassin ♦ Tarkus ♦ wouanagaine
See my uploads on the LEX!

ma360

Is a road over pass for RHW-6 can be make. It can be useful.

nerdly_dood

:o I have discovered Freedo50's problem with the extra bit of highway texture, but with me it was in a farming zone. :blahblah: I don't consider it a major problem, because if I need to post the picture of the interchange online I will photoshop the extra texture straight to kingdom come. ()flamdev() This isn't a %bur2$ situation for me.
My days here are numbered. It's been great and I've had a lot of fun, but I've moved on to bigger and better things.
—   EGO  VOBIS  VADELICO   —
Glory be unto the modder and unto the fun and unto the city game!

Tarkus

ma360, to answer your question, yes, eventually.  Probably in the next version. ;) 

-Alex (Tarkus)

ma360

dragonshardz

someone's probably already asked this, but wil the extra textures glitches be removed at some point if possible?