• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

High Speed Rail Project (HSRP)

Started by Jonathan, August 19, 2007, 02:07:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

dragonshardz

Prince1142003: right now it's in an alpha state, and as far as I know I'm the only person besides Warrior who has the files. And the project wasn't "almost dead", it was simply on hiatus because Warrior was having computer troubles.

[Delta ²k5]

One question about the textures: Are they still the original ones of the first HSRP? I'm asking beacause the tracks are too narrow in accord to the heavy rail tracks from the stock SC4...
Also I think that the catenaries are too low in the original mod... maybe you can change it a bit... ;)

Jonathan

The first version will be the exactly the same as the original. If changes are wanted and models are supplied that are usable out the box then sure I'll chnage it if the majority of people agree.

jplumbley

YAY!!!  Your awesome Warrior!  It sounds as if we are going to have to modify some monorail stations to have 2 lots, one for HSRP with the HSRP models and one for the original Monorail models.
"You learn something new everyday."

http://img517.imageshack.us/img517/169/nhpjplumbleykv3.gif
Bringing the new horizons closer to reality.

Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dmscopio jplumbley ♦ moganite ♦ M4346 ♦ Dedgren ♦ Ennedi Shadow Assassin ♦  Tarkus ♦ wouanagaine
Street Addon Mod - SAM

Jonathan

Quote from: jplumbley on February 12, 2008, 11:37:35 AM
YAY!!!  Your awesome Warrior!  It sounds as if we are going to have to modify some monorail stations to have 2 lots, one for HSRP with the HSRP models and one for the original Monorail models.

If I'm awesome what are you...? :P

Anyway update 1.2

All the ground orthogonal MAXIS underpasses have now been added, so thats street,road,OWR,avenue,ground highway and rail.
All the paths have been added for LHD and RHD for all pieces.

Next on the list I'm going to stay away from diagonal underpasses and try RULing some switches.

And without these people I would not be here creating this modd:

Murakumon: For having the original idea.
3ddz: For creating the current HSRP
JPlumbley: For teaching me how to RUL and other much needed stuff.
The NAM team: For discovering starter puzzle piece technology and supporting me.
MIncroabl: For the T21s to replace the monorail supports
Dragonshardz: For being a tester.
Ilive: For the reader
MAXIS: For creating this wonderful game
EA: For doing what ever they did, I'm not really sure.
The kind person who invented computer: For inventing Computers
The SC4 community at ST and SC4D: For their support and encouragement and input.
Jeronij and Dirk: For creating SC4Devotion and Simtropolis, respectively.

I'm sure there will be more people added to this list as time goes on.

Now I'll take a (not too long) break from this and go watch some Stargate...

dragonshardz

Ok, Warrior, the pathing tests for RHD are in. As it was hard to see the DrawPaths arrows, I decided to do a UDI run around this setup:

(Apologies for the image size, I couldn't resize it without it looking awful.)

There were no pathing issues, and everything worked fine. Plus this is fully UDI compatible as long as it's connected to a monorail station. We might want to get Swamper77 in on this to make some automata (AMTRAK Acela, anyone?) for this so we can have seperate UDI icons. I know that some people like UDI, especially to just mess around while you wait for inspiration, so putting seperate UDI stuff could be an ancillary mod. We will need some automata to use for this, as the red monorail looks rather funny on the tracks.

Also, some graphics glitches:

Hills and curves at the same time don't work too well, however this is a minor glitch and is of no real consequence atm.

However, switches are a problem. there are no RULs and no skins, so the texture override disappears.

Overall it's a great mod, now we just need someone to BAT/Lot/mod a station or two for this. And do get around to the diagonal overpases, we're going to need them.

PS: Also, I would recommend moving the location of the override plop to the rail menu near the monorail itself and fixing two issues:

1)There's no directional preview
2)When placing the override plop is reads "##intersection placement string missing##". I assume this has something to do with issue No. 1.

Still, for an alpha01 it's great and is functional, once most of the intersections are RULed and the intersection placement string issue is fixed we should be able to release this as a beta01.

~~Dragonshardz~~

Jonathan

That first graphic glitch, can you show a more zoomed out shot? By the looks of it you have 2 curves close together?
Switches haven't been RULed yet so they wont work, thats next on the list, then HSR orth X MAXIS network diagonal over/underpasses, then HSR diagonal x MAXIS network orth, then HSR diagonal x MAXIS network diagonal,

dragonshardz

The first graphic glitch is non-important. Yes, two curves are close together and on a slight hill.

Secondly, you are incorrect about the switches. They DO function, however there is no HSR "skin" over the monorail.

Also, putting SAM-overpasses and RHW/MIS overpasses (straight and diagonal) will need to be done. I think Tarkus has the textures, do you want  to PM him for the textures or should I?

[Delta ²k5]

QuoteWe might want to get Swamper77 in on this to make some automata (AMTRAK Acela, anyone?) for this so we can have seperate UDI icons

I found one Acela Mod over at ST... made by SimtropiaProductions... but it hasn't an own UDI Icon. It only replaces the Monorail ;)

dragonshardz

Yes thats for the HSRP Beta that replaces the monorail. This mod works alongside the monorail. However those skins could be used by Swamper if we get permission for him/her to do so from the original creator. The UDI thing would be basically adding a dual UDI icon for monrail except it would only work on HSR networks and look different....Assuming this is possible.

UDI or not, automata will need to be created to use with the HSR.

Filasimo

shardzy: in due time, in due time, mind you we only just reached the surface with this kay? ;)
Plaza Mall Project
http://sc4devotion.com/forums/index.php?topic=2171.0
Coming Soon to the LEX!

NAM Team
What can NAM do for you?
//

dragonshardz

sorry, now that i'm the "official" tester (i think) for this i'm a little excited. I think i'll go have a few bananas, cool off, finish some homework, and come back tomorrow.

Tarkus

Quote from: dragonshardz on February 14, 2008, 03:16:07 PM
Also, putting SAM-overpasses and RHW/MIS overpasses (straight and diagonal) will need to be done. I think Tarkus has the textures, do you want  to PM him for the textures or should I?

I did actually do an optional patch for the RHW for HSRP users, but that was for RHW v13.  I can actually supply the models and coding for RHW support, though with the models, it's really just a matter of re-skinning the HSRP-over-Road overpasses.

-Alex (Tarkus)

Swamper77

Quote from: dragonshardz on February 14, 2008, 07:37:03 PM
Yes thats for the HSRP Beta that replaces the monorail. This mod works alongside the monorail. However those skins could be used by Swamper if we get permission for him/her to do so from the original creator. The UDI thing would be basically adding a dual UDI icon for monrail except it would only work on HSR networks and look different....Assuming this is possible.

UDI or not, automata will need to be created to use with the HSR.

Since the HSR uses monorail paths, any trains made for the HSR will also be displayed on the monorail network. And it will look a little funny seeing vehicles with train wheels running on a monorail track. If the HSR has a deep enough deck from the track surface to the underside of the deck on the models, the extended bottoms of the monorail train vehicles could be hidden by them.

I will not be making automata for this project since I have very limited time to do what I want to do in RL.

Also, any changes made to the supports for the HSR will affect the default monorail as well.

-Swamper
You can call me Jan, if you want to.
Pagan and Proud!

Jonathan

QuoteAlso, any changes made to the supports for the HSR will affect the default monorail as well.
Yes thanks to MIncroabl that has been sorted out and there will be the same supports for monorail as their is now and for HSR the HSRP supports will be there.

How was the el-rail UDI added, surely a similar method could be used to have seperate monorail HSR trains?
And there already is a HSR train model in the HSRP files which can be used.

Swamper77

When Maxis shipped Rush Hour, the Elevated Rail Train was not included as a drivable vehicle. Tropod added it in one of the previous NAM versions. I was a BETA tester of it while he was working on it.

The Elevated Rail Train was added via an Exemplar and requires Rail Paths to be added to all elevated rail/GLR sections for UDI purposes. Maxis' elevated rail paths apparently do not support switch functions like the rail and monorail paths do. However, some oddities do exist with the addition of rail paths for the elevated rail sections (like track checkers running on the elevated rail/GLR tracks

I guess we could do something similar for making a separate monorail engine for the HSP, but it will still call the monorail cars behind it. We can't tell an engine to call specific car models when it is created. Goaskin tried to do that with no results. We would need access to the EXE and source code to define new classes of vehicles, and you know how that argument goes....

-Swamper
You can call me Jan, if you want to.
Pagan and Proud!

dragonshardz

Ah. I see. Well, we could just reskin the monorail to a better color for the HSR rails, yeah?

Jonathan

Update 2.0

A smaller update than before for what it looks like like, but a lot more RULs have been added to make the underpasses more stable and the Orth-Diag switches have been added finally. Some shadows have been added to the track I'm not that sure why some arent working but I haven't had a good look at them yet. Also Paths have been added for all the new pieces and work has started on adding seperate supports for monorail and HSR, which is why the track seems to be floating.

So is it good bad alright? lets hear your comments!

JoeST

Lookin awesome here Warrior, and TBH shadows smadows...

Joe
Copperminds and Cuddleswarms

Pat

WoW what progress here warrior,  Looking real nice.....

Don't forget the SC4D Podcast is back and live on Saturdays @ 12 noon CST!! -- The Podcast soon to Return Here Linkie