• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Custom Interchange/Ramp ideas

Started by spokaneflyboy, June 16, 2007, 11:55:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

spokaneflyboy

I would like to see cloverleaf exit/on-ramp setups like some cities have. I've also been wishing there was a surface-street (roads, avenues, one-ways) to highway T-interchange for places where you do not want to cross the road over/under the highway just to have traffic able to exit or get on all lanes of the freeway.

Masochist

Ahh...I think cloverleafs are standard in SC4...as in, they require nothing more than the original game itself.  And different configurations for Cloverleafs can be found within the NAM (3-loop, 2-loop, etc.).  Or maybe you're thinking of something else?

Also, you can put a highway-highway T-interchange down, and immediately change it to an avenue.  That's a good way around that one, I think (it probably looks better with the asphalt mod)...or just change the highway to an avenue just for that particular intersection. 

Yet another way to do it:
Drag your road/avenue/whatever one tile past the freeway.  Make a short one-way road that runs parallel right next to the freeway (it should form a T-junction with that road).  Connect that one-way directly to the freeway using NAM on ramps.
(Under Construction)

Filasimo

Also with the development of the RHWMIS (Modular Interchange System) you can make all different kinds of leafs even maple!  :P
Plaza Mall Project
http://sc4devotion.com/forums/index.php?topic=2171.0
Coming Soon to the LEX!

NAM Team
What can NAM do for you?
//

writingliberty

I'd like to see a set (both ground and elevated) of freeway on/off ramps that are designed to be placed on a 45 degree curve, allowing access to/from an avenue (or freeway) that continues "straight" off of one side of the curve.

This would only contain two ramps, not full access.

For example: a freeway running east (opposite lanes west of course) curves to run northeast (southwest); however, a pair of ramps allow access to continue east on an avenue at the curve (or enter the westbound freeway from the westbound lanes of the avenue).

Ideally this project would evolve into 6 different interchanges (a elevated-elevated, a ground-ground, an elevated-ground, ground-elevated, elevated-avenue and ground-avenue), though it's the last two (with avenue ramps) that I think would be the most used...

(Edit: possibly 12 because I realized that one ramp does have to cross the trunk lanes, and could do so either as a flyover or a tunnel... I've got both in examples I'm thinking of in real life)

spokaneflyboy

I know of the highway to highway clover-leaves, but I'm talking of highway to surface street clover-leaves. And I forgot about the T-intersection to Avenue working that way at the time I wrote my post, one for Roads and One-Ways would be nice to have as well doing Highway to Avenue to Road would take up too much distance in most of my cities so one where it was a Road coming off as the T would be nice to see.

With all the great transit mods out there, I'd just like to see more abilities in the Highway department, especially the other types of roads interact with them.

BigSlark

Go to ST and read the RHW thread, starting at page 40 or so, and you will quickly see that Tarkus is working on a full set of RHW to other network ramps.

Cheers,
Kevin

sc4luv2

Good News:
You CAN make ANY Interchange of your choice. &apls &apls &apls
With the Rural Highway Modwith the MIS (Modular Interchange System). The MIS will be coming out soon.

Thanks,
Sc4luv2
[

spokaneflyboy

Quote from: Warrior on August 08, 2007, 08:19:35 AM
The RHWMIS is only for the RHW not for any other network

That's what I've come to find. But yes, my original thoughts were for different ramps for use with the original network types. Things like a highway to road T-Interchange cloverleaf or other cloverleaf off-ramp/on-ramps that went from the original freeways to other road types.

DFire870

True, the MIS is only for the RHW, but eventually the RHW (as part of the Network Widening Mod) is supposed to completely replace the FHW.
After a long absence, I'm back! And I will be starting a new MD soon.

N1_2888

Some requests:

Some kind of feedback would be nice ... Please ...  &hlp
(This is the third forum, where I post this request - so I think the chance to get an answer ist higher - here or somewhere else ...  ;) )

Meine Region E Pluribus Unum

CasperVg

Maybe a highway Y-interchange, but not as wide as the current rail/avenue ones.
Something like this:

Follow my SimCity 4 Let's play on YouTube

carling

Quote from: caspervg on November 12, 2007, 08:42:43 AM
Maybe a highway Y-interchange, but not as wide as the current rail/avenue ones.
Something like this:

Was a highway Y-interchange ever made if so where can i get it from or an avenue cloverleaf interchange

thanks.