• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

RHW (RealHighway) - Development and Support

Started by Tarkus, April 13, 2007, 09:10:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

thundercrack83

Quote from: glepet on May 24, 2007, 07:17:20 PM
ditto, here.
I'm almost not wanting to start anything new until it comes out.

I was thinking the exact same thing! With all these new transport network mods coming out, I'm hesitant to start any major projects.

allan_kuan1992

I am making a new texture set for the RHW at the moment... pictures will come later after modding and initial testing is complete.

- Allan K.

l.h.

Great work on this project guys. I'm really looking forward to the new rhw with the cool ass looking onramps.

Tarkus

Hi everyone-

Well, I have an update for the first time in awhile with some actual pics of progress. ;)

I've gotten the hang of the puzzle drag method for the most part, and figured out a way to do more compact (but still RL-scale) versions of the RHW-6 and RHW-8.  They won't be separable because of the way they are structured, but I do plan on interfacing them with the separable versions.  Officially, I guess you can call these the RHW-6C and RHW-8C ("C" meaning "compact").  Eventually, I'd like to get a concrete median barrier added in for the RHW-8C.

Here's a shot showing the initial dragging mechanism for the RHW-6C:

And further in the construction (I still need to make the overrides a little bit more stable):

Here's the completed RHW-6C network:

And the RHW-8C (I realize I screwed something up with the textures--that will be fixed):

Before anyone asks, this won't be in the next NAM--I wasn't even able to get the MIS ready by then. :D  But it's certainly possible that you'll see it by NWM Beta v1. ;)

As far as those of you wanting to wait to start anything new, well, as much cool stuff as will be in the next NAM, you might be tempted. ;)  Don't let me be a spoilsport.  But of course, NWM Beta v1 may be done fairly soon as well, depending on how things go.  You'll at least get the onramps by then, l.h., and I'm looking forward to seeing your new texture set, Allan. :)

-Alex

Filasimo

um im speechless........utterly speechless........anywho tarkus, is it possible to make a RHW auxiliary lanes? in which the lanes are leading you into the exit ramp and then the lane starts again at the end of the offramp? just thought id ask..
Plaza Mall Project
http://sc4devotion.com/forums/index.php?topic=2171.0
Coming Soon to the LEX!

NAM Team
What can NAM do for you?
//

Tarkus

To answer your question, Filasimo, yes, I would indeed be able to create some sort of auxiliary lane setup with these wider RHWs and the MIS.  Of course, this whole development also may have some effects on the MIS as well . . .  ;)

-Alex

Filasimo

interesting tarkus i would be wondering how u would drag the RHW-6/8 to make a auxiliary lane since all it is is an exit lane that connects two exits together     
interested to see how u can do that with the RHW since the auxiliary lane is one continous lane bw exits n such..
Plaza Mall Project
Coming Soon to the LEX!

NAM Team
What can NAM do for you?
//

thundercrack83

That would be a good addition to the RHW, provided it can be done. Good thinking, Filasimo!

Tarkus

I agree with Dustin (thundercrack) that this is indeed a great idea, Filasimo.  And yes, it is certainly possible.  I 'd probably have to do it via an on/off ramp puzzle piece as I have in the MIS (which basically just gives a ramp stub), designed specifically to add/subtract lanes like that.  I don't know if you'd necessarily have the shorter dashed lines for the entire length (probably just limited to the immediate area around the puzzle piece), but other than that, functionally, piece of cake. ;)  Except for the texturing. :D  Maybe one day I'll have to get off my lazy rear-end and figure out how to make decent textures. :D

-Alex

Filasimo

thanks guys i just figured it would be awesome to have those lanes bc we have them here in nashville,TN USA as for the dotted lines what ive seen here where i live that on the interstates, the aux lane has the same striping as the other lines BUT as u get say roughly 100-200 feet it turns into the shorter dash lines...hope that helps and i look for the day i see that ingame  :thumbsup:
Plaza Mall Project
Coming Soon to the LEX!

NAM Team
What can NAM do for you?
//

mightygoose

well multiple offramp interchange lanes are used for over a mile about 30 minutes drive from me

[linkie]

zoom in and you can see the main 6 lanes carriage way with two interchange carriageways separated by medians, with two lanes a piece. this new junction was constructed to replace two standard overhead roundabouts
NAM + CAM + RAM + SAM, that's how I roll....

bat

That is looking great, alex! Great idea, Filasimo! :thumbsup:

allan_kuan1992

I will try to post some pictures of the new textures in action by this Friday (this is when my teachers have a professional development day). I have tested the textures, but I can't seem to find or change the texture for the puzzle pieces, which still use an old texture. This could be because it is in a location that is different than the main RHW file. Can you please tell me file name and exemplar where that file might be located?

- Allan K.

Tarkus

Well, Allan, the puzzle pieces actually use a 256x256 pixel texture, as is standard for them.  They should be in the main RHW .dat file, but you'll need to use FiSHMan to export them.  The IIDs should be as follows:

0x5EEE7300 (Rail-over-RHW)
0x5EEE7700 (Road-over-RHW)
0x5EEE7800 (OWR-over-RHW)
0x5EEE8200 (Avenue-over-RHW)

Hope that helps!

-Alex

thundercrack83

Hey, Alex! Just thought I'd stop in and see how things are going with all your various projects. Hope all is well, my friend!

rickmastfan67

Hey Tarkus, I just got the new NAM all installed with the RHW.  Just wondering, why is the building of the RHW much slower now?  I kinda liked that super speedway way from the "RHW 13A" version. ;)
-- James Mast, aka: rickmastfan67
Painter/Public Relations at: Masgrafx Racing.

Check out the 9/11/01 Car Set Checklist.

Take a look @ the JPG Compression tutorial.  A must read to help cut away unnecessary file size from 500k+ images to help dial-up users out.

Andreas

Well, we changed the speed back to the default value. ;) The high-speed setting was only introduced because there were some paths missing in the previous version, so building the RHW took ages. If you're a bit familiar with the Reader, I can explain how to change it to super-fast again, of you want.
Andreas

freedo50

Hey all, Ive wanted to use the RHW for ages now, but its never seemed to work for me. It installs correctly and the button appears at the top of the Highway menu, but it only ever drags ANT, and never turns into RHW.
Any suggestions?

Fred

thundercrack83

Hello, Fred!

The same thing happened to me with the new NAM, but I installed the NAM Essentials and now it works. If you installed the NAM Essentials before you installed the RHW, try re-installing the Essentials. If that doesn't work, I'm not sure what the next step would be. I hope this helps!

rickmastfan67

Quote from: Andreas on June 03, 2007, 05:46:38 AM
Well, we changed the speed back to the default value. ;) The high-speed setting was only introduced because there were some paths missing in the previous version, so building the RHW took ages. If you're a bit familiar with the Reader, I can explain how to change it to super-fast again, of you want.

Nah, it's ok.  I was just wondering.  Thanks for the back-story on it. ;)
-- James Mast, aka: rickmastfan67
Painter/Public Relations at: Masgrafx Racing.

Check out the 9/11/01 Car Set Checklist.

Take a look @ the JPG Compression tutorial.  A must read to help cut away unnecessary file size from 500k+ images to help dial-up users out.