• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

TSC - tram station

Started by Antoine, June 25, 2007, 07:37:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jplumbley

This looks like it has some very good potential.  For me in game the stairs look a little thin.  And I have to agree with Vester, the stairs should be separated from the rest of the structure and maybe put at either end of the station.  This will make the design look a little more "clean". 

With the stairs, you might want to lengthen the run aswell, the rise to run ratio is too steep.  In Canada, that standard rise is about 18cm to a run of 26cm for each step.  So, I dont know how tall your rise is but you should multiply it by a factor of about 1.4 to get the run proportional to the rise.  Width of an minimum average size "public" stair case in Canada is about 1.2m and the railing should be about 0.9m in height.

I hope these little things can help in some fashion.

I like the Station design.  I would like to see it in a bigger version maybe.  But it looks great!  Maybe lower the roof a bit to show more of the GLR track anf the props you are building inside the station.  Very creative though!
"You learn something new everyday."

http://img517.imageshack.us/img517/169/nhpjplumbleykv3.gif
Bringing the new horizons closer to reality.

Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dmscopio jplumbley ♦ moganite ♦ M4346 ♦ Dedgren ♦ Ennedi Shadow Assassin ♦  Tarkus ♦ wouanagaine
Street Addon Mod - SAM

Antoine

wouanagaine

I like it more  :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
Is it only 1 model or 2 ?
2 ( 1 for the station, 1 for the stairs ) would be better so someone who don't want the stairs can remove them

New Horizons Productions
Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dmscopio ♦ dedgren ♦ emilin ♦ Ennedi ♦ Heblem ♦ jplumbley
M4346 ♦ moganite ♦ Papab2000 ♦ Shadow Assassin ♦ Tarkus ♦ wouanagaine
Divide wouanagaine by zero and you will in fact get one...one bad-ass that is - Alek King of SC4

Antoine

But it need a remake of the roof if I make 2 versions :s

Antoine

Pat

Ant that is stunning great work and i cant wait to get ahold of that!!!!!!!!!
BTW would it be easy or hard to do what Wouanagaine suggested?
by what im asking couldnt you make the stairs a prop? or is it too late?

Don't forget the SC4D Podcast is back and live on Saturdays @ 12 noon CST!! -- The Podcast soon to Return Here Linkie

Antoine

But what exactly do you want in prop ?

Pat

I think that whats Wouanagaine was asking is to make the stairway a prop so
that the user could remove it from the station.. At least that is what i think he
was thinking?

Don't forget the SC4D Podcast is back and live on Saturdays @ 12 noon CST!! -- The Podcast soon to Return Here Linkie

Filasimo

Actually if this is possible another alternative with the stairs issue is if you decide to make another version and have it connecting to the pedmall ped bridges. That way you wont have to worry about the stairs that much. Just an idea I had
Plaza Mall Project
http://sc4devotion.com/forums/index.php?topic=2171.0
Coming Soon to the LEX!

NAM Team
What can NAM do for you?
//

Antoine

what is pedmall ped bridges ?  &ops

pat : I have made two version as you can see on the screen

jeronij

Hello Antoine,

the station looks really elegant and nice  :thumbsup:

I like the non stairs version the most  ;)
I am currently not active - Please, contact Tarkus for any site related matter. Thanks for enjoying SC4D :D

Autism Awareness;  A Father Shares
Mallorca My Mayor Diary

Filasimo

its the NAM pedestrian mall bridges that they have in the NAM its like an elevated walkway
Plaza Mall Project
Coming Soon to the LEX!

NAM Team
What can NAM do for you?
//

jplumbley

Well Antione, I like the look of your station without the stairs.  But I see you were too far along in the project to take some of my ideas on board.  Thanks for the response too.

Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dmscopio jplumbley ♦ moganite ♦ M4346 ♦ Dedgren ♦ Ennedi Shadow Assassin ♦  Tarkus ♦ wouanagaine
Street Addon Mod - SAM

wouanagaine

Very great job Antoine, and thanks for making both versions. They will get into my cities without any doubt !

Patfirefighter get right the idea. But I think you made 2 models, didn't you ? No problem in fact, the 2 models version won't suffer LOD bugs, so it is better that I suggest

En fait je voulais savoir si tu pouvais faire les escaliers séparements et pour que n'importe qui puissent les mettre/enlever du lot. C'est seulement apres mon post que j'ai vu qu'il y avait des escaliers qui traversaient le toit pour aller sur le quai
Donc la, si je comprends bien, tu as fait 2 models, avec et sans escaliers, et finalement c'est mieux  :thumbsup:
Reste plus qu'a faire un model pour arret de bus :)

New Horizons Productions
Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dmscopio ♦ dedgren ♦ emilin ♦ Ennedi ♦ Heblem ♦ jplumbley
M4346 ♦ moganite ♦ Papab2000 ♦ Shadow Assassin ♦ Tarkus ♦ wouanagaine
Divide wouanagaine by zero and you will in fact get one...one bad-ass that is - Alek King of SC4

Pat

Ant that is awsome and i love it both of them thank you for dealing with me LoL

Antoine

thank you all  :)

filasimo : excellent idea !! I will see that but I need the model of the walkway

jplumbley : sorry but Im not proud of my english and I haven't understand your idea  &mmm

Filasimo

im sure the NAM team could help ya out on that Antoine it would be awesome to connect a secondary mass transit to another one
Plaza Mall Project
Coming Soon to the LEX!

NAM Team
What can NAM do for you?
//

Antoine

jplumbley

Here, Antione.  This is a picture to help explain maybe.

The picture shows a set of steps in section veiw (cutting through the steps and looking at the side.)  These dimensions are those that are used in common practice in Canada within a few milimeters.  The height of a step (rise) is 180 mm.  The length of the step (run) is 260 mm.

These dimensions are used as a common practice so that the human body adapts to this type of stair and becomes easier to climb.  Steps that do not conform to these dimensions are "harder" to climb and it makes the you feel as if you are forcing yourself to climb the stairs.

From what your design looks like, in proportion to the sims your steps are probably 3 ft tall (900 mm) meaning that they are waist high.  Imagine trying to climb that.  And the slope of your stairs looks to be in excess of 100% or more.  Meaning they are too steep.  In Canada a slope of about 40% to 75% is required less than 40% is too low and it will make you feel as if you are stretching to climb the steps.   75% becomes too steep and will make you feel as if you are straining to raise your legs. 

Steps in Canada are not allowed to be more than 200mm and not less than 160mm in height and not more than 360mm and not less than 260mm in length.

To summarize:
Length = 260mm to 360mm Standard (260mm to 280mm)
Height = 160mm to 200mm  Standard (180mm)

I hope this was a little easier to read.

Street Addon Mod - SAM

Antoine

Thank you for you post  ;) but my stairs are in good scale ;) I have tested with the sims in the game, at LE ;)