• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Show us your Downtowns & CBD's!

Started by Masochist, November 10, 2006, 10:45:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Evillions8

travismking

Lol EvilLions, Nice pic, but after the 8th thread i saw it in ... :p Just joking, Keep it up :)

marsh

I think posting that in 1 thread would have sufficed.  ???

canyonjumper

Pretty good Evillions ;D

@DJSun1981: You can only have one terrain mod at a time. I recommend the cycledogg snowcapped mod on the LEX, there are a few different snow heights.
I'm the one who jumped across the Grand Canyon... and lived.

Gusterfell

Gorgeous cities, all!

Here's a little something I've been working on.  Downtown Newport, population right around 90k sims:

Eventually it will be an outer satellite city, part of a much larger metropolis.  so far though, it is much farther along than the central city.   :P

rushman5

only thing you need in that picture is an apartment complex.  And is that the Auckland map?  I just remember trying to play on a very similar terrain.

Nanami

Pondok Daun Downtown:

(pretty contrast eh?)

Gusterfell

Quote from: rushman5 on April 29, 2011, 09:22:42 AM
only thing you need in that picture is an apartment complex.  And is that the Auckland map?  I just remember trying to play on a very similar terrain.

It is indeed.  This is the little harbor on the far eastern edge of the region.  You've got a good eye to be able to recognize it!

Allein

Midtown Manhattan by Night:

More in my MD

io_bg

Quote from: Gusterfell on April 28, 2011, 09:13:19 PMHere's a little something I've been working on.  Downtown Newport, population right around 90k sims:

Eventually it will be an outer satellite city, part of a much larger metropolis.  so far though, it is much farther along than the central city.   :P
Wow! Looks absolutely fantastic! Please, show us more! :P
New York City in the 50s :)

You can find more in my MD, the region of Pirgos, in the OSITM section ^__^
Visit my MD, The region of Pirgos!
Last updated: 28 November

Allein

Internet_Exploder

end product of three days worth of "work"  ::)  Still a WIP though:

Constructive criticism is needed ! please and thank you  ;D

SlimShady

First off, nice looking start! Looks great!  :thumbsup: Second, what is that diagonal complex and what train station is that? And what stadium as well.

Risu

Quote from: SlimShady on June 21, 2011, 07:26:44 PM
First off, nice looking start! Looks great!  :thumbsup: Second, what is that diagonal complex and what train station is that? And what stadium as well.
The train station is "Brenntia Queen Elizabeth". I know cos' I use it too, it's really nice.

Dunno about that diagonal one tho'. At first glance, I thought it was a cruise ship! o.o"

leeam1989

hey how do i upload my images?? ive got a few to upload but dunno how to :(

wallasey

Upload to Imageshack or Photobucket then copy the IMG code over to here.

noahclem

The diagonal complex should be HK Pacific Place found over on the STEX.

As for constructive criticism I could say a couple things. Though I'm not normally a huge fan of "skyscraper-villes" you've done a nice job with the style. I particularly like the plaza and wide avenues in front of the train station and that you've included a nice stadium, central rail terminus, and waterways. The biggest thing you could do to improve it is change the way you've done your seawalls--they will look much better if they rise just a bit above sea level. You could probably lower your shorelines (I'd recommend ~255m elevation) and then slope land up toward the normal elevation of your city, either covering with parks, or making a very gentle slope with the rail tool and covering the areas with slope-tolerant buildings (most can handle a very gentle slope without making ugly retaining walls show).

Keep up the good work  :thumbsup:

leeam1989

http://img841.imageshack.us/img841/736/middlesbroughnov3051308.png
http://img42.imageshack.us/img42/7769/middlesbroughmay5011308.png

Sorry I have broken the links, please always change your png to jpg. - Robin - Global Mod.  ;)

rushman5

leeam, good lord i would HATE to drive there! That transportation network is an absolute mess.

Evillions8