• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Siilijoki

Started by noahclem, December 07, 2010, 06:41:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

apeguy

Brilliant update. The Central Station has been done perfectly, and the makeshift TIA-10 is very nice as well. :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

The Deltan Empire is here! Click the Banner to have a look! | Kanalka City, Capital of the Barrier Islands

PlayStation Network ID: theapeguy

Kergelen

Silijoki is...wow...A personal and unique style &apls

Links to SC4 websites

benedict

Congratulations - your MD is number one on BTT for the second week in a row.

I also love the Central Station picture - great at-grade light rail complex in the foreground.
Click on the banner to celebrate!

Jmouse

Noah, this update is an epic work of art. Thanks for including the map – it makes your storyline much easier to follow – and it's fascinating to see your transport system develop.

I often comment on your choice of BATs, and for good reason. The one you used in the teaser is gorgeous. The high rises hardly qualify as beautiful in my eyes, but they are appropriate for your unique playing style. And somehow you make them look better and more "at home" in their surroundings than I would have thought possible.

29.5 is a favorite in this batch. What a scenic path Sherrouse Ave. takes through a combination of city traffic punctuated by restful waterfront real estate.

Another good one, but it's what your legion of fans has come to expect in Siilijoki...
-Joan

nbvc

Fantastic night images and mosaics. &apls

threestooges

I think 29.2 may be one of my favorite pictures of yours from both a technical and aethetic point of view. The overall look of the featured building makes me want to start cranking on Greenacre's population so I can start playing with skyscrapers. The lawn, trees, and path that connects to the building from along the waterfront all combine to create the feel of one large office complex. Looking at it though, am I correct in thinking that it is composed of several lots? If so, was this planned or did the area start putting itself together as you went? I'd love to see the behind-the-scenes of that one. Very nice work Noah and enjoy your trip.
-Matt

RickD

Fantastic downtown.  &apls And trees on the GLR? You have to share your "crude lotting" secrets with me.  :P I would love to use GLR more, but it always looks so empty.

Have a nice trip to the states.  :)
My name is Raphael.
Visit my MD: Empire Bay (My old MD: Santa Barbara County)

benedict

Stunning update this week, and it has kept you on top of BTT!

vinlabsc3k

Great updates Noah!! :thumbsup:
Sorry for the lack of comments :(, but in my holiday house there's a poor bandwidth :'(, so I keep it for mails and light web-surfing.
I hope that you spend your holydays in tranquillity and fun!! ;)
My creation at CityBuilders.

SimCity 5 is here with the NAM Creations!!

noahclem

Hello all and thanks for the warm feedback on Siilijoki 29! Vacation is going great--I'll try to put a few pictures up of it later. I'll likely continue to be somewhat inactive for the next couple weeks.

So without further ado, welcome to the first teaser from the new laptop  &dance

Here's an area of Tunturikyla I've been tinkering with a bit:

Nearby in the summer. Click for full resolution

Central Siilijoki with Sherrouse Ave in the foreground. Click for full resolution

Quote from: Swordmaster on August 25, 2012, 02:31:43 PM
A great update that leaves me with a couple of remarks and questions.

- 7th Avenue between 6th and 8th Street? Quite unique I'm sure, but do all north-south streets have names then?
- For big numbers, use a thousands separator (comma or space) - easier on the eyes.
- The parks and greenery is awesome, as usual, as is the riverside.
- How did you get the tiles next to the wide curve avenues? And the trees in the median? Or is that a lot?
- "Crude lotting"? It's perfect  :thumbsup:
- That tram station next to the Central station is simply perfect.

Cheers
Willy
Thanks Willy! I wanted to distinguish 7th's large size so I went with Ave--I think I'll change it to Boulevard. And I think I will do "St" for east-west streets and "Ave" for the north-south ones. Good point on the commas, I'll have to figure out the setting for that in OpenOffice. Really glad you liked the greenery, lotting, and station layout so much  :thumbsup:

The wide-radius curve tile is from Sthlrd98 and you can find them here: //

Quote from: Schulmanator on August 25, 2012, 04:34:01 PM
Very nice! A great mix of attractive settings. And I love your water mod. What is it? It rocks!
Thanks a lot! The water mod is brigantine 2.0, one of the darker blues (there are many color options with that same texture).

Quote from: bat on August 26, 2012, 08:25:42 AM
Nice work on the updates in this month!! Also nice teasers. :)
Thanks bat!

Quote from: Haljackey on August 26, 2012, 08:43:04 AM
Fantastic work Noahclem!
Thanks a lot Hal, good to see you here!

Quote from: Gugu3 on August 26, 2012, 11:38:12 AM
Excellent Noah!!!Nice use of mass transport and the train station looks great! &apls
Thank you very much  :thumbsup:

Quote from: Girafe on August 26, 2012, 11:45:13 AM
Looks really good Noah, you could find the maples as props in the last maples'pack if i's needed (it's easier for your use ^^)

Anyway keep teasing us with beautiful pics.
Thanks! I believe I used the prop versions of your new maples for those lots (thanks again for releasing them also as props).

Quote from: vortext on August 26, 2012, 11:46:35 AM
Great update  &apls &apls

Love your choice of BATs! The different styles of architecture go together surprisingly well and make for one vibrant urban landscape. The two mosaics in the middle are imho the best, the way you handle diagonals is pretty awesome.

The station area is lovely as well, though I do wonder how many stoplights an intersection really needs?! ;)

Finally as a general remark I would suggest using a maxis tree replacement mod, if only to get rid of those palm trees, visible in the latest teaser pic. Other than that I'd say; keep it up!   :thumbsup:

Oh and;
Quote from: noahclem on August 25, 2012, 02:15:27 PM
This post will be deleted once the problem is gone so I'm not double-posting and padding my MD post count
Yeah right, you're not fooling anyone Noah :P   $%Grinno$%[/siz
Thanks for the kind words! Selecting bats is always a bit of a challenge and I'm glad if I've ended up with a cohesive style of architecture in the area. Do you have a good tree-replacement mod to recommend? And sorry about the double stoplights--too much work to change  ::)

Quote from: apeguy on August 26, 2012, 02:17:15 PM
Brilliant update. The Central Station has been done perfectly, and the makeshift TIA-10 is very nice as well. :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
Thanks a lot!

Quote from: Kergelen on August 27, 2012, 10:19:57 AM
Silijoki is...wow...A personal and unique style &apls
Thank you very much!

Quote from: benedict on August 27, 2012, 01:26:16 PM
Congratulations - your MD is number one on BTT for the second week in a row.

I also love the Central Station picture - great at-grade light rail complex in the foreground.
Thanks Ben, honored to be topping the list!

Quote from: Jmouse on August 27, 2012, 05:29:53 PM
Noah, this update is an epic work of art. Thanks for including the map – it makes your storyline much easier to follow – and it's fascinating to see your transport system develop.

I often comment on your choice of BATs, and for good reason. The one you used in the teaser is gorgeous. The high rises hardly qualify as beautiful in my eyes, but they are appropriate for your unique playing style. And somehow you make them look better and more "at home" in their surroundings than I would have thought possible.

29.5 is a favorite in this batch. What a scenic path Sherrouse Ave. takes through a combination of city traffic punctuated by restful waterfront real estate.

Another good one, but it's what your legion of fans has come to expect in Siilijoki...
-Joan

Thanks again Joan, glad you liked the update so much! I'm particularly glad you enjoyed Sherrouse Ave--and one of these days I'll get around to a hobby farm  ;D

Quote from: nbvc on August 27, 2012, 09:11:40 PM
Fantastic night images and mosaics. &apls
Thanks buddy  :thumbsup:

Quote from: threestooges on August 27, 2012, 10:59:15 PM
I think 29.2 may be one of my favorite pictures of yours from both a technical and aethetic point of view. The overall look of the featured building makes me want to start cranking on Greenacre's population so I can start playing with skyscrapers. The lawn, trees, and path that connects to the building from along the waterfront all combine to create the feel of one large office complex. Looking at it though, am I correct in thinking that it is composed of several lots? If so, was this planned or did the area start putting itself together as you went? I'd love to see the behind-the-scenes of that one. Very nice work Noah and enjoy your trip.
-Matt
Thanks a lot Matt! 26.2 (and it's sister picture 26.3) are favorites of mine as well. The area does consist of several separate lots, none of which are my own. One grew but most is plopped and I got kind of lucky stumbling on a layout I ended up really liking. And there are definitely nice things about having a bigger population and some more densely developed areas--there's been a lot of stunning highrise BATs released in the last couple years  :thumbsup:

Quote from: RickD on August 30, 2012, 05:49:54 AM
Fantastic downtown.  &apls And trees on the GLR? You have to share your "crude lotting" secrets with me.  :P I would love to use GLR more, but it always looks so empty.

Have a nice trip to the states.  :)
Thanks a lot Raphael! I know you mean about the GLR looking empty sometimes. I think I'll share these at some point so you should be able to use them (at least an unpolished version) pretty shortly.

Quote from: benedict on August 31, 2012, 11:07:59 AM
Stunning update this week, and it has kept you on top of BTT!
Thanks again!

Quote from: vinlabsc3k on September 04, 2012, 10:50:57 AM

Great updates Noah!! :thumbsup:
Sorry for the lack of comments :(, but in my holiday house there's a poor bandwidth :'(, so I keep it for mails and light web-surfing.
I hope that you spend your holydays in tranquillity and fun!! ;)

Thanks a lot! My travels have been great so far and I hope you had a great holiday  :thumbsup:

RickD

Very nice scenes.  &apls The Aubrac walls do look great there. However, I do have some safety concerns next to a high speed freeway.
My name is Raphael.
Visit my MD: Empire Bay (My old MD: Santa Barbara County)

art128

Very scenic area, Noah! How I'd like to go there to relax and take pictures of the passing trains.

You have a small glitch with the NWM and the avenue on the last pictures btw. ;)
I'll take a quiet life... A handshake of carbon monoxide.

Props & Texture Catalog

Ol.S / Benoit

I love the colors in the first picture ! :)
Benoit.
MD : Click on picture

weixc812

Pictures from the new laptop looks great. You've got a better graphics card?
I love these natural scene.  &apls
Welcome to ALFERRID(UPDATE 5-District C)
And my other pics at SimCityChina:click here

Jmouse

Noah, there are only a handful of players who have the talent, the skill and the patience to be called "exceptional SC4 players," and you're one of them IMO. You are every bit as good or better at creating nature scenes as you are at urban development.

I hope the new laptop works out well for you, but for now, just relax and enjoy your vacation. When you get back home and back in playing mode, though, I think it would be interesting to know where you get your ideas. I'll post something more specific in our private chat thread a bit later.

Beautiful work here...
Joan

nedalezz

Thats just gorgeous - the pictures have so much life!

I especially loved the fall picture, with the seasonal trees - just made me want to jump in my laptop screen and experience it for real!

Gugu3

Awesome Noah!the images are great!have a nice time during your holidays!!! &apls

Dantes

River+RHW+Adventure= Woahw  :o Thats adventure fun  in the river $%#Ninj2 And the w2w is fantastic  :thumbsup:

benedict

I love the river scene - and it is the featured image on BTT because your MD is number one again!

Edit 15 sept: This update was special enough to keep you at number one on BTT for the fifth week in a row - well done.

Kergelen

I love the river near the RHW. Nice pics!! :thumbsup:

Links to SC4 websites