• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

WEST END

Started by paroch, September 01, 2007, 03:12:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

dmscopio

great video, i think you can't wait to have the upton park ploped in your city. the good news is that i am working on it right now, will have some update in my thread pretty soon.  :)
for more BAT downloads: www.davidluart.com

Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dmscopio ♦ Heblem ♦ jplumbley
moganite ♦ M4346 ♦ Shadow Assassin ♦ Tarkus ♦ Vandy
wouanagaine

tooheys

I like it Paul, you're another Hugh Hudson in the making.  :)

Nicely put together, and it's good to see the best of Westend in there as well. Bit worried about the number of Union Jacks though, surely you couldn't have won that many medals  $%Grinno$% (Dave opens a big can of worms  :D)

Diggis

Quote from: tooheys on August 26, 2008, 04:09:44 AM
I like it Paul, you're another Hugh Hudson in the making.  :)

Nicely put together, and it's good to see the best of Westend in there as well. Bit worried about the number of Union Jacks though, surely you couldn't have won that many medals  $%Grinno$% (Dave opens a big can of worms  :D)

Nah, they're taking credit for all the ones you won too, cos you have the Union Jack in the corner of your flag.  They would have counted ours too, but we didn't get enough to worry about.

paroch

Joan x2:  Ah well, your double zero award was the official house builder to West End - so you're already there.  And BIG thanks for the compliment on the video.  I'm assuming your favourite was Dam Square?

David (Simpson) x2:  Good to see you here - thanks.  And yes, West End has many stadiums - probably too many for such a region - but I can't help plopping them  &mmm

Matt x2:  Thanks for your usual detailed comments - I'll be sure to let you know if we need any swordsmen!  As for the video.....since I have had PhotoShop it is much easier to create those effects - glad you liked them.

Arthur x2:  Glad you liked the picture and the video - thanks.

Shaun x3:  I'm glad you liked the award and glad to see you can spot a pic from 2006!  As for the ideas, they'll keep coming, don't worry!  Thanks for the comments re the video and I'll make sure not to be online when we play the All Blacks at Rugby   ()sad()

Bat x2:  I am sure you will grab a double zero here soon bat and thanks for your comments.

Adam:  Wow, thanks indeed for such a compliment.  Truth be told I really enjoy putting the videos together.

Sebes:  I know Kingly will always be a favourite of yours (did you spot the new Replies Banner above?)  And as for a gold medal......us Brits won plenty at the Olympics  ;)

Pat:  Cheers Pat - good to see you here as always.

Maarten:  Thanks.

David (dmscopio):  Welcome to West End.  It's always good to see a new face here.  And yes, Upton Park will take the pride of place amongst all of West End's sporting arenas.  Thanks for your work on it, I will follow it with much interest.

Dave:  LOL, glad you liked the video and yes, Team GB's great performance in Beijing has certainly reignited the Mother Country versus the Convicts sporting debate  :D

UPDATE 58 - 30th August 2008

Since Charing Cross was completed there has been more development.  I showed you a sneak preview of the National Sports Complex in Piccadilly, which is a large quad still under development.  Two other quads have also been completed, so today I will show you Dean which is a small quad with 2,000 residents.

Here you can see its location in the region.  It sits on the mouth of the Qumma River which runs up through Wardour to the north.  It's also worth noting that Great Portland has been corrupted and will need to be flattened and will be rebuilt.  But that is for another day!

I thought it would be interesting to show you how Dean developed.  Being only a small quad it didn't take too long.

I know the power plant is a bit big for a tile of this size - but I'd only just downloaded it and could not resist using it!

It's tough getting that transition right - I don't think it's a bad attempt, but far from perfect!

It looks as though John Lewis is VERY popular here in Dean!

The majority of residential houses in Dean are by MattB, Gascooker and RP/Zero7.  The intention was to create a very English looking small town.

And that is Dean fully developed.  All in all, a nice little town (well I hope so anyway!).

'til next time............ $%Grinno$% $%Grinno$% $%Grinno$%

MandelSoft

"Size doesn't matter, it matters how you use it" as I say. Nice update from Dean  :thumbsup:
Lurk mode: ACTIVE

bat

Dean is a really nice looking small town there! :thumbsup:
Great work on your 58th update!! Looking forward to the next... ;)

Sheep49

Dean is indeed nice town! I'd love to have a house in there.  :D
But the price for the ground in such a peaceful place must be high ::) ;)

I will follow this MD from now on! :thumbsup: I really like the European feel in it!
Piotr
Polish support forum - Cafe Poland * SC4Wiki! * My BATting thread

I am he, as you are he, as you are me and we are all together... - I Am The Walrus, The Beatles

Schulmanator

I think your water transition is a fine attempt. I need to start taking lessons! &apls
See the all-new National Capital Region!:http://sc4devotion.com/forums/index.php?topic=15118.0

art128

realy nice small city  &apls I like the river  :thumbsup:
I'll take a quiet life... A handshake of carbon monoxide.

Props & Texture Catalog

TheSixCents

Very good!
I really like how you started from Scratch there. You are improving, and I think this is one of the better cj's in the CJ Universe!

Nardo69

A bit earlier than last time   ;)

Nice update, I always planned such a step-by-step update but never did it - I guess I am too slow for something like this as it takes months untill I think I can put this in my (atm inactive  :'( ) MD ....

I like that ploppable water river including the transition. Stubborn Old fashioned donkey that I am I but recently began to use it with rather ... well ... not presentable results ...

Interesting choice of bridges - especially that wooden street bridge is hard to use in a European background. But there is something I have to nag: the railway goes down and up between the railway bridge and the overpass - it should be (almost) flat there (well, you know me by now ...  :D )

Take care and don't forget to make backups!

Bernhard  :thumbsup:

Pat

Paul there was no need to hope that what Dean is that exactly a nice town and I truly enjoyed watching it devolp!!!  I do like the transition that you got from the river to the bay and I cant think of anything that would improve it at all, I cant wait to see what you got for us next!!

Don't forget the SC4D Podcast is back and live on Saturdays @ 12 noon CST!! -- The Podcast soon to Return Here Linkie

Albus of Garaway

I felt it necessary that I comment here after you gave me such a wonderful comment in Port Icewater (That really made my day!).

I really love Dean, Paul! It seems like a very wonderful environment. It has a very small town feel, and yet it's not so small that it becomes unsophisticated. On the city-building side of things, I love how you've incorporated a non-grid based transport system.

I also ADORE your transition from ploppable water to in-game water. It looks so natural! Great job, Paul!

threestooges

I think you've hit the mark with Dean. I wasn't sure what John Lewis was until I looked it up (it appears to be a store for those of us following from the States) but what can I say, if the market will support it, I say go for it. The breakwater is a nice touch, but I was expecting to see a port/dock to accompnay it. But I guess its priimary purpose it to protect the stream. The transition is pretty good. I have been experimenting by drawing the PW all the way down into the water until it disappears. It has had mixed results and it really helps if the water mod and the PW match a bit. Your transition is quite good though. The left hand side looks a bit better (in my opinion) than the rest and pulls off the transition better. Perhaps it is because the rocks extend back beyond the transition a bit, but great work all around. The school looks good, and what better place to play than right there by the stream? I also second Nardo's thought about the rail line's dip, but unless it is a high speed line I don't think it matters too much, especially considering that the ground could settle overtime, etc. All around, the town looks like a nice little place to live. Great work.
-Matt

Jmouse

I love watching a city develop from ground zero. Dean is a nice little town with all the necessities and some scenic areas as well. The river looks great, and I think you did a good job on the transition. Like the breakwater, too, and of course I'm always a sucker for pretty churches!

Very good update, Paul - a refreshing break from the more complex quads.

Later...
Joan

sebes

You made an excellent little village here Paul. It's nice to watch you creating the quad from start.... so interesting to see how you do that.

Also nice to see the region shot again - I really love looking at it. All cities go so smoothly into each other... making me jealous!
Check my MD:               
Rhenen,NN

Diggis

Great area there Paul, Seems to be a good number of Medium Wealth people there, and a lot of swimming pools for a town so close to a river.  Polution problem?

tooheys

Nice Paul, you are really becoming a master with the TPW. The transistion is a problem yet to be fully solved, but that is certainly one of the better ones I've seen  :thumbsup:

Dean's a nicely balanced town, I like it. As for the soccer pitch, that 'F' word immediately springs to mind  :D

Cheers

Dave

paroch

Today is the first anniversary of the West End MD.  It's hard for me to believe this has actually been running for a whole year.  I hope you have enjoyed watching this region grow as much as I have.  I also know that my city building skills have improved loads over this time, mainly due to the help, support and suggestions you have all given me.

I tried to decide how best to mark the occasion and decided a video that looks back over the year would be as good a way as any.  Replies from the last update plus a list of all posters here will form part of the next update.

Thanks for all your support and I hope you have enjoyed the ride.

http://www.youtube.com/v/278qCO76JQc&hl=en&fs=1

'til next time........ $%Grinno$% $%Grinno$% $%Grinno$%

art128

very good video my friend  &apls I like it a lot  :thumbsup:
I'll take a quiet life... A handshake of carbon monoxide.

Props & Texture Catalog