• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

SC4 Picture Competition

Started by Masochist, March 26, 2007, 01:44:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rooker1

penguin007, great picture, over all setup is very nice.  I don't like the roller coaster rail lines or the blur effect, but other than that great picture.

Now TTC, I don't know what to say (yes I do) great picture, I love the effect and the title is very fitting (great movie as well)  ;)  You'll have to tell me your secret for making this picture.

1/0  TTC

&apls &apls for both pics

Robin   :thumbsup:
Call me Robin, please.

JoeST

2-0 TTC becasue it is pretty god damn amazing... tho i dont agree with the building lights
Copperminds and Cuddleswarms

Haljackey

penguin007:  A little out of focus, but overall a wonderful picture!

TTC:  Cool, but its unrealistic to me how fast the lights would turn on in all the buildings as the mothership blocks the sun.  It should look more cahotic too, but oh well.

This is a tough one, but my vote goes to TTC.

3-0 TTC

capo

I just love the effect on theteacat his picture. What a great idea to have half of the picture in night and the other half in day. It may be surreal, but it looks awesome

4-0 TTC

The complete history of Evergem ->My Mayor Diary <-
Come and visit Paroch Plein!

thundercrack83

sebes

Check my MD:               
Rhenen,NN

kimcar

&apls both of you but 7- 0  TTC

Filasimo

@ Derry: i love that movie independence day and i love how you were able to replicate how it looked in the movie as for the people saying about the lights.....if you even have seen the movie the lights do turn on as the ship passes through. it was actually going so slow it was imitiating when the sun sets and goes into darkness so in sense the effects ARE realistic....anywho  8-0 TTC
Plaza Mall Project
http://sc4devotion.com/forums/index.php?topic=2171.0
Coming Soon to the LEX!

NAM Team
What can NAM do for you?
//

TheTeaCat

Quote from: Filasimo on November 07, 2007, 01:21:08 PM
@ Derry: i love that movie independence day and i love how you were able to replicate how it looked in the movie as for the people saying about the lights.....if you even have seen the movie the lights do turn on as the ship passes through. it was actually going so slow it was imitiating when the sun sets and goes into darkness so in sense the effects ARE realistic....

Thank you. You are correct on this point. Also streetlight are usually controlled by light sensors nowadays to minimise costs

thanks for all the votes and opinions :thumbsup:

:satisfied:
TTC
Kettle's on. Milk? Sugars?    ps I don't like Earl Grey  $%Grinno$%
Reduce, Reuse, Recycle - If you're not part of the solution , you're part of the problem!
"Never knock on Death's door: Ring the bell and run away! Death really hates that!"
Tales at TeaTime      Now A proper NUT      TTC plays GRV II

Ennedi

Ryan is right, the mothership was going so slow and it was enogh time to turn on lights  :D

9-0 TTC
New Horizons Productions
Berethor - beskhu3epnm - blade2k5 - dmscopio - dedgren - Emilin - Ennedi
jplumbley - moganite - M4346 - nichter85 - papab2000 - Shadow Assassin - Tarkus - wouanagaine

vester

TTC gets my vote too

10-0 in his favour

Congratulation TTC.

We need a new challenger to TTC's picture:

TheTeaCat

Thank you all for voting :thumbsup:

Penguin007 your is a great pic &apls and very brave to step up to the challenge. I commend you :thumbsup:

:satisfied:
TTC
Reduce, Reuse, Recycle - If you're not part of the solution , you're part of the problem!
"Never knock on Death's door: Ring the bell and run away! Death really hates that!"

Ennedi

Congratulations Derry!

Penguin007, you only need some finishing work/care about details, and you can easy win, your concepts are good! :thumbsup:
New Horizons Productions
Berethor - beskhu3epnm - blade2k5 - dmscopio - dedgren - Emilin - Ennedi
jplumbley - moganite - M4346 - nichter85 - papab2000 - Shadow Assassin - Tarkus - wouanagaine

dsrwhat316

what the hey, i'll give it a shot...

An overview of the Port at Darrington

~ Dan
Custom Lotting at its Finest:

Last updated: 2/9- I'm Back! +  A Teaser (of course...)

rooker1

dsrwhat316, super job on the port, I would love to see more pics of this area.  Unfortunatley for you I'm gonna go for TTC pic.   

2/0  TTC

&apls &apls for both pics

Robin   :thumbsup:
Call me Robin, please.

TheTeaCat

dsrwhat316, super job on the port &apls
And best of luck :thumbsup:

dsrwhat316

thanks, my friend; but i think you'll overtake me!  ;D

~ Dan
Custom Lotting at its Finest:

Last updated: 2/9- I'm Back! +  A Teaser (of course...)

threestooges

Great job with the scale of the port. It seems to have a bit of everything, but I really like the effect created in TTC's pic, so this round I'll vote for TTC.
3-0

thundercrack83