• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Mikeseith's automata and dealerships (preview thread)

Started by mikeseith, April 25, 2007, 12:58:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mikeseith

Thought I'd start letting everyone see the latest projects I'm working on.  I have one long-term and one short-term project going on at the moment.  Right now I'll tell you about the short-term project while I'm taking a break from the big one.

A listing of my dealerships on the simtropolis STEX:
Hyundai
Citroen
daihatsu
Fiat
Renault
Honda
Nissan
Mercedes
BMW
VW
Ford

Won't be too long before I have them all covered...

Here are links to my major automata sets
European car replacement modd -new instances-
European car replacement modd -replaces maxis vehicles-
page with european replacement modd and Japanese car replacement modd

Here is the automata for the next dealership.  Toyota.
I'll be posting updates on my progress on this thread.

Tarkus

Hi Mike-

Glad to see you "setting up shop" here, so to speak.  I'm a huge fan of your dealerships and automata--they fill a really nice niche that no one else has done, and I'm particularly glad to hear you're doing a Toyota dealership, as they're one of my favorite automakers along with Volkswagen. :D

Looking forward to seeing more on this and the aforementioned "large" project!

-Alex

M4346

I have a few of your modifications, and I must say that I quite enjoy them. Especially the Hyundai one (it being one of my favourites, because both my boyfriend and mother drive Hyundais :P).

But I'm glad to see you're doing Toyota, because doing an African MD and all that, it is a must to have, what we in South Africa call "bakkies" (I think you refer to them as pick-up trucks or something like that in the US). You get them in double-cab too, but to illustrate what a bakkie is, I will, appropriately, use your image! :P

The bakkie is the one in the lower right corner. I think it is a Hilux? And upon closer inspection, it is actually a double-cab, so, "you get them in single-cabs too" would actually be more appropriate! :D

Anyway, welcome to the forums! Great to see you here! (That should have gone at the beginning of the post, I know. Sorry. :P)
New Horizons Productions
Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dedgren ♦ dmscopio ♦ Ennedi
emilin ♦ Heblem ♦ jplumbley ♦ moganite ♦ M4346 ♦ papab2000
Shadow Assassin ♦ Tarkus ♦ wouanagaine

iamgoingtoeatyou

wow mike! you never cease to amaze me, your cars and automata is one of the best to add detail to simcity, looking forward to see these puppies in the Lex ;)  &apls

edit: aha! i just noticed you're making my mother's van :D

snorrelli

Welcome mikeseith! I have all your dealerships and look forward to more. Love the European cars too. Would like to see the Japanese ones as new instances as well... ;)
Have you ever had the Prop Pox? Join us to help find a vaccine or a cure.

Totuna e dac-ai murit flăcău ori moş îngârbovit;
Dar nu-i totuna leu să mori ori câine-nlănţuit.

Shadow Assassin

I'd also like to see a Toyota RAV4 created as well.

If it's already there, it's probably because I can't really see which one is which (which is more a limitation of automata)...
New Horizons Productions
See my uploads on the LEX!

rooker1

Your dealerships are outstanding, great work and very nice addition to the game.

Thanks
Robin   :thumbsup: &apls
Call me Robin, please.

EDGE4194

Welcome Mike  &apls I love your dealerships and automata as well. Glad to see something new in the works. The cars look great as usual.

mikeseith

An update already.
Here is work on the showroom part of the small 1x3 Toyota dealership.  As you can see it is part of the Kuskin auto group in SimCity.

These images are rendered in Carrara 3.0, not in BAT. 

mikeseith

Just a little more of the Toyota dealership.  Here is the parking garage for the large dealership.  I hope you like it...More soon.

jeronij

Hello Mike,

first I want to welcome to our site  :thumbsup: . Your car dealers are a classic for this game  ;)

I really love these new "sc4 dev" models  ;D . They are excellent as usual.

I also like these garages a lot. In fact, they could be released by their own, as well as a part of a delaership.

Great development so far  :thumbsup:
I am currently not active - Please, contact Tarkus for any site related matter. Thanks for enjoying SC4D :D

Autism Awareness;  A Father Shares
Mallorca My Mayor Diary

M4346

Wow! Those dealerships look just like South African ones! :P

Great work there!  &apls &apls
New Horizons Productions

mikeseith

Here is the latest on the Toyota Dealerships.  Most of the lotting and BATing is done.  I have made custom prop families for the dealership cars so the same dealership won't always have the same cars in the same place.  Most of the automata are done except night lights and UDI menu stuff.

1st pic: medium wealth large dealer

2nd pic: small low wealth dealer

3rd pic: small medium wealth dealer

4th pic: large medium wealth ploppable (with jobs!!)

ElPhantasmo69

Awesome work, Mike! Could you tell me, is there anywhere you've posted a tutorial on how to create custom automata? Sorry if you've been asked before...

mikeseith

I used to have a tutorial and its a long story on how it was lost.  I have been working on one on and off for the last 2 years with no luck.  I think I was trying to put too much info in it.  Planning on giving it another shot soon.

So the short answer is: Not at this time.

Bobbo

Awesome work Mike - I'm a Toyota man - my past 2 cars were Toyotas - but now I'm driving a Subaru Baja, and Honda CR-V - hey, any plans in doing Subarus?  ;)

HabLeUrG

Simply awesome  :thumbsup: &apls could you make a Chevrolet-Pontiac dealership, also a Harley Davidson  ;D please  :)

Filasimo

ouuu also a mini cooper and a mitsubishi dealership oh yeah a acura and an infinity one too! :P
Plaza Mall Project
http://sc4devotion.com/forums/index.php?topic=2171.0
Coming Soon to the LEX!

NAM Team
What can NAM do for you?
//

jeronij

Excellent news mike  :thumbsup:

great to see the project going forward  ;)
I am currently not active - Please, contact Tarkus for any site related matter. Thanks for enjoying SC4D :D

Autism Awareness;  A Father Shares
Mallorca My Mayor Diary

EDGE4194

glad to hear the project is still moving forward. The lots look great and can't wait for their release  &hlp