• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

RHW (RealHighway) - Development and Support

Started by Tarkus, April 13, 2007, 09:10:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tarkus

Glazert and nerdly, you're welcome.

usairforce1, calm down. ;)  You could have expressed that without resorting to so many exclamation marks and angry smilies.  ::)  If you're getting "Grey Mouse Cursor", it means you have outdated high-level transit mods (RUL-based) sitting in your Plugins, likely outdated NAM files or an old version of the RHW.  That's the only thing that causes that issue.  I'd suggest deleting your NAM folder, running the BSC Cleanitol definition included with the June 2007 NAM download, then reinstalling in the following order:

1) NAM June 2007
2) NAM January 2008 Updated
3) RHW v20

As far as this whole "81 or 82 pages of one post", I'm not entirely sure what you mean.  I do have one post which is stickied at the top of every page, but it's not the only post on the page. 

-Alex (Tarkus)

usairforce1

Im trying what you said right now... also i also found a so called "Photo Webpage Download" where its like a picture and you cant do anything, the links are from the Simtropolis website, (the January 2007 mod Dependency list link AND the README!), if you can tell them to change the links.

EDIT!!

Why cant i download the new version from your link of the RHW thing, it does the Photo Webpage thing can you post a good link, im using I.Explorer. 

rickmastfan67

Quote from: usairforce1 on January 30, 2008, 04:58:17 PM
EDIT!!

Why cant i download the new version from your link of the RHW thing, it does the Photo Webpage thing can you post a good link, im using I.Explorer. 

You need to register separately @ the LEX before you can download from there.
-- James Mast, aka: rickmastfan67
Painter/Public Relations at: Masgrafx Racing.

Check out the 9/11/01 Car Set Checklist.

Take a look @ the JPG Compression tutorial.  A must read to help cut away unnecessary file size from 500k+ images to help dial-up users out.

usairforce1

Ok, it still doesnt work...    I deleted all of the nam files i had previously,  then i reinstalled the files in your order,  WHAT IS WRONG WITH ME AM I CURSED? &ops :angrymore:

dragonshardz

No. Search your Plugins folder for the offending file, and if need be rebuild your plugins folder.

And I would suggest doing it after taking some deep breaths and calming down a bit.  /wrrd%& /wrrd%& /wrrd%&

usairforce1

Just wondering, how do you rebuild a dat file, and what type of file am i looking for.? :-\ /wrrd%& /wrrd%& /wrrd%&

Tarkus

You're not rebuilding a .dat file.  I believe what dragonshardz meant was rebuilding your Plugins, or replacing the old file(s).

If you want a detailed explanation of things, I would strongly advise that you read my opening post on this thread, as well as the convenient Readme files included with all the downloads (they're there for a reason), which will cover everything. ;)

-Alex (Tarkus)

usairforce1

ok... if found something with the text...   NetworkAddonMod_IdividualNetworlRULs.dat
could that be it???

Tarkus

No, that's not the file you're looking for.  That hasn't been updated since the June NAM, to my knowledge.  Check the date on the file "NetworkAddonMod_Controller.dat".  That contains the central RUL files--it should have a date toward the end of December 2007 on it.  If it doesn't, there's your problem.  If it does, then your conflict lies elsewhere.  Also, if you're using the DatPacker, make sure you don't have a DatPacked NAM file sitting in your Plugins.  If you had a screenshot of your NAM folder, that may help.

-Alex (Tarkus)

usairforce1

im currently using DatGen.  Im looking into it now.

i cant find the date, where do i look. all i see is... 1 directory file and 3 INI files, and all i see is, well, stuff.  Where do i find the date?          This is probably why im failing to find it,  THERE's MY PROBLEM, SOMEHOW!  &hlp OK, SO WHERE DO I PUT IT? sorry for caps again...   i dont know if this is what im looking for,    ;Last  Updated: 052907

MOD EDIT: Please do not double or triple post. The Edit button is there for a reason. - Fred

Tarkus

It doesn't sound like you're in the right directory.  And DatGen is completely different from DatPacker.  (DatGen is an old modding tool, DatPacker is a file compression tool).

The NAM would be in the My Documents\SimCity 4\Plugins\Network Addon Mod folder. 

dragonshardz

Or, in older versions, My Documents/Simcity4/Plugins/NetworkAddonMod. Look for a folder with that name as well, it is an old version of the NAM and conflicts with the present version.

usairforce1

hey, i cant find anything from the home page, but can you give me a direct link or a direct download because i cant find it... oh to clarify, the DatPacker, ive heard good things about it.

here's a list of the files, oh and i have all of my simcity stuff in my E: drive... 
NetworkAddonMod1.dat (with Mod1,2,3,4,5) NetworkAddonMod_IndividualNetworkRULs.dat,  NetworkAddonMod_Bridges_Plugin_Controller.dat,  NetworkAddonMod_Controller.dat,  NetworkAddonMod_Locale_english.dat,  IN THE RURAL HIGHWAY MOD FOLDER,(sidenote, there is also additional bridges folder, Plugins folder in the Network addon mod folder, and the Documentation folder)  a_RuralHighwayMod_LegacySupport.dat,  RuralHighwayMod.dat,  RuralHighwayMod_Locale_english.dat
sorry for long list but i dont see whats wrong, ive got to get off soon, i still want realistic interstates soon, but somehow i guess im an idiot with a computer, even though im a Microsoft Administrator (In Training) for the Xbox 360. ;)

Hey, ive got to go for the night,  ;)hey, do you have an Xbox 360? if so my gamertag is xxxPOLICExxx. sorry for offtopic post but btw, i still cant get the download page to work, im registered and i have to register again>?? hey i gots to go.... :'(

MOD EDIT: Please do not triple or double post. The Edit button is there for a reason - Fred

rickmastfan67

Quote from: usairforce1 on January 30, 2008, 06:59:52 PM
Hey, ive got to go for the night,  ;)hey, do you have an Xbox 360? if so my gamertag is xxxPOLICExxx. sorry for offtopic post but btw, i still cant get the download page to work, im registered and i have to register again>?? hey i gots to go.... :'(

Did you register @ this link: http://www.sc4devotion.com/csxlex/ ?

It's different from the forums.  Plus, if you did register @ the link above, did you check your e-mail yet for the conformation e-mail to validate your account?  Sometimes it goes into the Junk Mail Folder.
-- James Mast, aka: rickmastfan67
Painter/Public Relations at: Masgrafx Racing.

Check out the 9/11/01 Car Set Checklist.

Take a look @ the JPG Compression tutorial.  A must read to help cut away unnecessary file size from 500k+ images to help dial-up users out.

jeronij

Quote from: usairforce1 on January 30, 2008, 05:17:12 PM
Ok, it still doesnt work...    I deleted all of the nam files i had previously,  then i reinstalled the files in your order,  WHAT IS WRONG WITH ME AM I CURSED? &ops :angrymore:

This is not an appropriated tone for our site. Calm down and be polite while posting, or do not post. Thank you.
jeronij
I am currently not active - Please, contact Tarkus for any site related matter. Thanks for enjoying SC4D :D

Autism Awareness;  A Father Shares
Mallorca My Mayor Diary

usairforce1

?

Toichus Maximus

I'd like to report that the textures for rail-over-RHW 4 is reversed with the pathing--the yellow lines are on the outside when the path is forward. Just wanted to let you guys know, if you didn't already.

Filasimo

hey toichus, we are aware of that and working on a fix for that for the next update but thanks for letting us know  :thumbsup:
Plaza Mall Project
http://sc4devotion.com/forums/index.php?topic=2171.0
Coming Soon to the LEX!

NAM Team
What can NAM do for you?
//

JoeST

Im sorry.. but I just realised something

It would be more user friendly if, instead of grouping the tab rings into the previously stated rings, you grouped them together by lane size (IE one for MIS, one for RHW-2, one for RHW-4, etc...). This makes more sense so you dont have, say, a load of higgledy piggledy puzzle pieces

Joe
Copperminds and Cuddleswarms

Tarkus

Joe, that's also a good idea.  It does definitely need to be broken down some way, but the big question is, how?  By the different lane sizes, it would kind of be like the way in which the other network puzzle pieces are grouped (Road, Avenue, etc.).

I'd be curious to hear some more thoughts on it.  I may (possibly) start a poll, too.

Back with (ir)regularly scheduled development shortly . . .

-Alex (Tarkus)