• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

RHW (RealHighway) - Development and Support

Started by Tarkus, April 13, 2007, 09:10:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BigSlark

...and the Armadillo returns!  ;D

This is looking great, although I'm not sure if I've ever needed the capacity of a RHW-8. Either way, it'll be fun to play with!

Cheers,
Kevin

Filasimo

thats looking spooky alex and its not even Halloween yet  :thumbsup:   my my arent we gonna have fun testing it first when it heads our way  :P
Plaza Mall Project
http://sc4devotion.com/forums/index.php?topic=2171.0
Coming Soon to the LEX!

NAM Team
What can NAM do for you?
//

Kitsune

Amazing work! I'm assuming the 8C is 2 tiles or 3?
~ NAM Team Member

Shadow Assassin

The 8C is 3 tiles wide, it takes up the same amount of space as the RHW 6C. Like the 6S, the 8S will take up four tiles total.
New Horizons Productions
Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dedgren ♦ dmscopio ♦ Ennedi
emilin ♦ Heblem ♦ jplumbley ♦ moganite ♦ M4346 ♦ papab2000
Shadow Assassin ♦ Tarkus ♦ wouanagaine
See my uploads on the LEX!

Filasimo

hmm heres an interesting fact: the RHW thread is about to approach 45,000 views! yay!!! &apls &apls
Plaza Mall Project
Coming Soon to the LEX!

NAM Team
What can NAM do for you?
//

DFire870

Nah, just leave the barriers off, it gives the RHW an Austin-authentic feel. :D (I-35 in south Austin has a wide-ish grass median, but until a few years ago there were no barriers so on wet days cars would slide in the grass and cross into oncoming traffic)

Great job once again!

-- John
After a long absence, I'm back! And I will be starting a new MD soon.

Filasimo

thought id count down to 45k like how David did in 3RR hehe. What are the odds? two milestones within 4 hours of each other  &apls :thumbsup:

onto 50k!  :thumbsup:
Plaza Mall Project
Coming Soon to the LEX!

NAM Team
What can NAM do for you?
//

Shadow Assassin

Indeed, it's on to 50k... wonder what's next. :P
New Horizons Productions
Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dedgren ♦ dmscopio ♦ Ennedi
emilin ♦ Heblem ♦ jplumbley ♦ moganite ♦ M4346 ♦ papab2000
Shadow Assassin ♦ Tarkus ♦ wouanagaine
See my uploads on the LEX!

Glazert

I'm sorry if this is a naïve question, but is the capacity of the different RHW carriageways proportionate to the number of lanes? In other words, does a RHW-6 have 50% more capacity than a RHW-4?

And how does this relate to the capacity of Maxis Highways? Is a Maxis Highway equivalent in capacity to a RHW-4 or an RHW-6?

bat

That is looking very nice, Tarkus!! :thumbsup:

And congrats on 45 000 views!! &apls

mightygoose

great work on the 8c however glazert does raise an interesting point???
NAM + CAM + RAM + SAM, that's how I roll....

EDGE4194

&apls awesome alex! Congrats on 45,000 page views  :thumbsup:

jplumbley

Quote from: Filasimo on January 12, 2008, 05:33:23 PM
thought id count down to 45k like how David did in 3RR hehe. What are the odds? two milestones within 4 hours of each other  &apls :thumbsup:

onto 50k!  :thumbsup:

Make that 3...  Yesturday SAM also broke 20,000 views.  So on the same day 3 threads had milestones in views.
"You learn something new everyday."

http://img517.imageshack.us/img517/169/nhpjplumbleykv3.gif
Bringing the new horizons closer to reality.

Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dmscopio jplumbley ♦ moganite ♦ M4346 ♦ Dedgren ♦ Ennedi Shadow Assassin ♦  Tarkus ♦ wouanagaine
Street Addon Mod - SAM

freedo50

I have bug report for you guys, when you plop something (Buddybud's rural sunken highway walls in this case) next to some of the RHW puzzle pieces you get an extra texture showing up:

I've noticed this happens on the 4-6S transition shown there and MIS entrance A (I think).

Fred

Kitsune

It happens no matter what is next to those two pieces.

I ment to post this earlier, but it appears as if the RHW itself can also carry power, but I dont know how to properly post a picture of this.

MOD EDIT: Combined double post, try and use the modify button next time Kitsune. - Fred
~ NAM Team Member

krbe

Lay a stretch of the RHW, put a building that needs power on the one end, a power plant on the other, turn on "Power" in Data View, speed things up, and voilà!

Jonathan

I tryed that it didn't work. But if it did it would mean draggable rural powerlines would be possible.

Filasimo

Hey Fred,

Thanks for pointing that out. Theres been widespread reports of that happening,. There may be a fix for that in a possible patch and or next version. So make sure to stop by for more information pertaining to that issue.  :thumbsup:
Plaza Mall Project
Coming Soon to the LEX!

NAM Team
What can NAM do for you?
//

dragonshardz

no, no that's not bad that's awesome! That way we won't have to disfigure our rural areas with powerlines, just drag a RHW and boom! Buildings with "self-contained" power plants, with road access in the bargain!

krbe

Fred is the guy that pointed out that there is a faulty texture in the MIS, and that's not awesome $%#Ninj2

However, Warrior tells us that the RHW doesn't carry electricity. Maybe the puzzle pieces from the MIS do it (as they have to be plopped), but it seems like the RHW only carries commuters.