• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

RHW (RealHighway) - Development and Support

Started by Tarkus, April 13, 2007, 09:10:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Filasimo

ya didnt forget to rotate the puzzle piece did ya?  :D
Plaza Mall Project
http://sc4devotion.com/forums/index.php?topic=2171.0
Coming Soon to the LEX!

NAM Team
What can NAM do for you?
//

Shadow

good job, , but is what you can say to me when will go out the European modd?

metasmurf

Lollo

Hey folks! Looking at the show us your intersections thread i figured out one that could be a great addiction to the mis: mis ramp gentle curves. What do you think?

Keep an eye on the Lair!

Filasimo

in due time my friend this is only the first version with RHWMIS...what ya thought wed stop making anymore pieces?  ;D
Plaza Mall Project
Coming Soon to the LEX!

NAM Team
What can NAM do for you?
//

thundercrack83

I haven't played around too much with the new RHW/MIS yet, but one question that I do have concerning future elements of the project, if I may: Is there anything in the pipeline--ramps, interchanges, etc.--for the use of the RHW and MIS as a "sunken" highway?

Haljackey

While making some new connections with the RHW network, this seems to happen with the RHW-6/dual RHW-4 splitter piece and the merge puzzle piece.  Just thought I might point that out.

Is it just me, or does this happen to everyone?

http://img249.imageshack.us/img249/4816/downtownaug221651200086no3.jpg

Would there be any way to fix up this orphaned texture with the current release?  It just seems a little out of place.  By the way, its not messing up with the pathing at all so I can live with it.

Best,
-Haljackey

Filasimo

hey hal,
thats already a known issue and just so ya know post any other issues here: http://sc4devotion.com/forums/index.php?topic=1444.0 thanks!  :thumbsup:
Plaza Mall Project
Coming Soon to the LEX!

NAM Team
What can NAM do for you?
//

Shadow Assassin

QuoteWould there be any way to fix up this orphaned texture with the current release?

Unfortunately, that's Tarkus's job. As for the texture, that occurs when you plop something next to the puzzle piece.
New Horizons Productions
Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dedgren ♦ dmscopio ♦ Ennedi
emilin ♦ Heblem ♦ jplumbley ♦ moganite ♦ M4346 ♦ papab2000
Shadow Assassin ♦ Tarkus ♦ wouanagaine
See my uploads on the LEX!

A200

Quote from: metasmurf on January 11, 2008, 07:47:23 AM
Are you guys sure the road over rhw4 puzzle piece is working?

Look at your picture closely. The peice for the road over RHW on the right is the wrong way round as that orange line should face inwards.

Demolish that bit, reput the RHW and make sure you turn the piece around with the HOME and INSERT buttons! :)

rickmastfan67

Quote from: A200 on January 11, 2008, 08:09:09 PM
The peice for the road over RHW on the right is the wrong way round as that orange line should face inwards.

That's a yellow line. :P
-- James Mast, aka: rickmastfan67
Painter/Public Relations at: Masgrafx Racing.

Check out the 9/11/01 Car Set Checklist.

Take a look @ the JPG Compression tutorial.  A must read to help cut away unnecessary file size from 500k+ images to help dial-up users out.

Shadow Assassin

New Horizons Productions
Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dedgren ♦ dmscopio ♦ Ennedi
emilin ♦ Heblem ♦ jplumbley ♦ moganite ♦ M4346 ♦ papab2000
Shadow Assassin ♦ Tarkus ♦ wouanagaine
See my uploads on the LEX!

A200

CasperVg

Hi, i just spotted a small bug in the Rail-over-RHW4;

As you can see, pathing is correct in this way only, with the 'pavements' on the wrong sides.
Follow my SimCity 4 Let's play on YouTube

rickmastfan67

Quote from: caspervg on January 12, 2008, 12:46:49 AM
Hi, i just spotted a small bug in the Rail-over-RHW4;

As you can see, pathing is correct in this way only, with the 'pavements' on the wrong sides.

We are aware of this and a fix is being worked on.
http://sc4devotion.com/forums/index.php?topic=1444.msg106477#msg106477

Also, from me testing with this, the RHW-4 will work ok with the textures on the wrong sides, however, the Rail traffic somehow gets blocked.

Take a look @ the JPG Compression tutorial.  A must read to help cut away unnecessary file size from 500k+ images to help dial-up users out.

freedo50

HI guys, firstly I had my first play with the new RHW today and its looking great. One problem I had though, was that there were no MIS overpass pieces, i.e. MIS over RHW 4, which would allow intersections where both MIS ramps go to the same side of the RHW. Are there any plans to implement this? ATM my fix was to create a road overpass and connect the MIS to that.

Fred

(Ill try get a pic for you ;))

rickmastfan67

Quote from: freedo50 on January 12, 2008, 09:26:07 AM
HI guys, firstly I had my first play with the new RHW today and its looking great. One problem I had though, was that there were no MIS overpass pieces, i.e. MIS over RHW 4, which would allow intersections where both MIS ramps go to the same side of the RHW. Are there any plans to implement this? ATM my fix was to create a road overpass and connect the MIS to that.

Fred

(Ill try get a pic for you ;))

Soon.... ;)  Maybe for v21. ;)

Pat

LoL James....  Gotta love them words "soon"....

Don't forget the SC4D Podcast is back and live on Saturdays @ 12 noon CST!! -- The Podcast soon to Return Here Linkie

Kitsune

Can a mod resize caspervg pic? It stretches the screen a fair bit - and I have a widescreen laptop so I can imagine how bad it is for people who have square monitors!

EDITThanks.  Done. -DE
~ NAM Team Member

Tarkus

Things are progressing on the wider RHWs for v21.  The RHW-8C is back, now with a transition from the RHW-6C.  These here are still just prototype textures.  Eventually, this will get cosmetically upgraded to include barriers, but we're not at that stage yet.

Back with more a little later.

-Alex (Tarkus)