• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Simmer's Lotting Lab.

Started by Simmer2, December 11, 2015, 07:24:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Simmer2

@dyoungyn   Thank you! MMP sticks to the terrain, they do not "float". Water depth and water texture color determines the visual impact on underwater objects.

@tigerbuilder Thank you! Those are actual seaweeds, they are supposed to be placed fully underwater. I made a purple variation for color breaks.

@Akallan I'm glad you love my work. :)

Rather big update so bear with me.

So I resolved the multi tile pipe river span by making the footing a separate lot.

So far I got the 1,2 and 3 tiles done (that's actually 5,6 and 7 flat tiles) one more to go and then its crunch time.

I think once done, the pack will have well over 30 pieces!

The whole assembly relies the 15m rule. As long as you start at sea level and work your way up you are good. The water depth must always be 15m or more deep (deeper water will not affect the height of the footing). This obviously applies only to the pipe path, the rest of the map can be whatever altitude you wish.

Here is an example of the possible footing combinations and the 15m transition piece applied to the map. You can choose not to use the footing if you wish to have a clear path for your boats (not aesthetically conducive but hey, its your map and you do what you like )

There is also a couple more pics showing what I'm working on as well. (work in progress)

3 footings.

2 footings

1 side or the other.

1 footing

No footings.

Transitions up hill 1

Transitions up hill 2

Transitions up hill 3

New stuff examples.

New stuff applied.

New stuff............

Simmer2/Nic
________________________________________________________________________________

dyoungyn

Looks AWESOME.  May I ask a stupid question, why is it that for the river span the pipes are raised up as if they were going over a road.  Only curious as the depth of the cliffs in my opinion would be more than enough for ships to pass.

Themistokles

With these wonderful mmp additions I can almost hear the cogweels of korver's creative genius starting to churn a new scene! :D

Now, both these and the pipes are fabulous! :thumbsup:
Come join me on a hike to St Edmea!

Latest update: 7

"In the end, our society will be defined not only by what we create, but by what we refuse to destroy." - John Sawhill

Vizoria

Fantastic MMP additions, while the new pipeline pieces look really amazing.

Simmer2

@dyoungyn The cliff is 15m, not enough for some ships, therefore I added another 8m to make it more in line with major river crossings.

@Themistokles I agree  ;D

@Vizoria Thank you!

New possibilities.....

________________________________________________________________________________

Tyberius06

Wow!  &apls &apls &apls
That's nice! :)

(and what is that retaining wall? I recognize NBVC marina wall on the seaside, but I don't know the walls on the slope.)
You may find updates about my ongoing projects into my development thread here at SimCity 4 Devotion: Tyberius Lotting Experiments
or over there on Simtropolis into the Tyberius (Heretic Projects) Lotting and Modding Experiments.
I'm also member of the STEX Custodian and working on different restoration projects on behalf of non-anymore-active custom content creators.
Current projects: WMP Restoration and SimCity Polska Restoration.
Member of the NAM Team and RTMT Team.

dyoungyn

I agree this is AWESOME work you have done here.  FINALLY, a viable answer that frustrated question of over hanging props over road, rail, etc.  This could open to door to a whole new round of possibilities.   

APSMS

Very nice!

At first I was gonna ask you where you found that automata (I figured the image was photoshopped since the train was double-ended).
Then I saw the shadow. Still, it's a very nice train. Did you BAT it yourself?

Good to see the pipe project coming together.
Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

My Mayor Diary San Diego: A Reinterpretation

metarvo

The idea of overhanging props has always intrigued me.  That crossing is looking really sharp!  :thumbsup:
Find my power line BAT thread here.
Check out the Noro Cooperative.  What are you waiting for?  It even has electricity.
Want more? Try here.  For even more electrical goodies, look here.
Here are some rural power lines.

gn_leugim

nice stuff indeed!

there is only one little thing I would do if I was doing these, for the green sea weed, I would de-saturate its green a bit. Or, maybe, keep that one as it is and create a new one, with the desaturated green, as it would be very usefull for a land weed, and is a bit too bright green for that. just my two cents.  :thumbsup:

Simmer2

@Tyberius06 Thank you. you will find those seawalls/retaining walls here http://community.simtropolis.com/files/file/24039-js-seawalls-v2/

@dyoungyn Thank you. There are 5 lengths available....

@APSMS Thanks! That train you see took me months to perfect and I'm still not happy. Among all these projects I got going I'm also working on a train prop pack for my future lots.

@metarvo "The idea of overhanging props has always intrigued me" You have no idea  :D Thank you!

@gn_leugim My sea flora is still work in progress and I'm still working on perfecting textures shaders. You will see what I have in store soon enough  ;)

Besides making 1 or 2 more items to complete the pipe collection I'm already working on a simple to decipher icon scheme for menu purpose.
I'm also thinking about making an MML for the whole project (36 pieces so far).
You think its necessary?

Nick

APSMS

If I had to choose, while an MML is nice, a DAMN menu is far better. I know it's easier for devs to make MMLs, and not so much for the end user, but at the same time a DAMN menu is a much easier way to go about things, and IMO is a more useful feature and is worth my time.

I know I can make my own DAMN menus, but if I had a quarter for every time I said I was going to do something about my overstuffed plugins folder...
Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

My Mayor Diary San Diego: A Reinterpretation

Shark7

Hmm, my major issues with MMLs are the fact that 1) I have a hard time finding the one that opens the menu and 2) I forget I even have the things listed under the MML menu (mostly due to #1).

And as with APSMS, the whole DAMN menu thing just wont get done if I have to do it myself.

Given a choice, I'd vote for MML even with the issues above.  Because at least when they are forgotten, they aren't giving me a big long list in my main menus.

Krasner

The possibilty you offer to us to plop flying fishes on land is just right enough to make me enthousiastic  :bnn:
Everything looks awesome.
ANARCHIST !!

Simmer2

@APSMS and Shark7 Perhaps I could make both the MML and the DAMN (lol) menus. If I recall, DAMN menus are created with the SSPTool but I dunno how to make the MML, I will have to look for a tutorial.

@maharadjahdesaboum Thank you and  :D

Oky, now its time for the show and tell of all 36 pieces and their respective icons.
They are easy to follow and distinctive enough to stand out in the menus.

Actual props.

Water footing.

Icon Legend

belfastsocrates

Absolutely fantastic! Superb work
A unique nation fusing technological prowess and unparalleled grandeur

"Anyone who lives within their means suffers from a lack of imagination" - Oscar Wilde

dyoungyn

ABSOLUTELY 1000% DITTO.  FABULOUS work.  Did I miss something, are they released somewhere I failed to check for?

gn_leugim

simple and easy to use :)

But, shouldn't it be oil-duct? :P

I shall wait to see the weeds then :)

MushyMushy

Looks fabulous! This set really does cover all the bases. You're making me want to go finish my base pipe set and then play around with pipes some more!  :D
Out of curiosity, what's the diameter of the pipes?

korver

Outstanding work as always! &apls

I also just noticed those Moai... ;D Hopefully I'll be able to put them to good use once they get released.