• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Art128's SC4 Projects

Started by art128, August 12, 2009, 03:46:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mgarcia

rooker1

It's always a pleasure to stop by and see what you are up to Arthur. I may not comment on every update, but I don't miss any.
Great work all around. The transit network you laid out, that alone look awesome......no grid there.  :thumbsup: I also like how you do the park trails.

Also a Huge Congrats for getting 2000 replies! &apls

Robin
Call me Robin, please.

Schulmanator

Impressive! There is always quality work with style here :D  &apls

PS: And congrats on 2k! Very awesome!  :satisfied:
See the all-new National Capital Region!:http://sc4devotion.com/forums/index.php?topic=15118.0

benedict

I always love how tranquil your MD is. And this week the crowd agrees with me as you are back at number one on BTT.
Click on the banner to celebrate!

noahclem

Congratulations on reaching the 2000 post mark Arthur  &dance  Only a few truly outstanding MDs like yours have reached such a milestone.

I really like the new region. The hills should make it quite challenging and I look forward to seeing how you handle them. Great pictures  &apls

benedict

Congratulations, your MD is number one on Ben's Top Ten for the second week in a row.
Click on the banner to celebrate!

art128

Hello!

Thank you guys for the comments!

Also thank you all for making my MD reach the 2000 messages!  &apls &apls &apls

Today, we are going to see a city called Hakone. Hakone is onsen[link] located in the mountains and accessible by car, but most people prefer to take the scenic train that goes up the mountain. The city is mostly known for its hot springs located along the river Kami (Kami-kawa, literally god's river) and the Fallingwater museum near the waterfall which attracts lots of tourists all the year.
The mountain over Hakone is called Kami-Yama (God's mountain). The region is named after this mountain. This mountain is named Kamiyama because people have worshiped the mountain as God's mountain in the past.

CLICK THE PICTURES TO SEE THEM FULL SIZE

the Hakone train station. The 485-300 Series EMU make the travel along the mountain, down to Wakamatsu where they reverse and go to the terminus, Kamiyama.

The Fallingwater museum.

The oldest onsen in the city (right) dates from the last years of the Meji era. Despite its old value, it is not the most visited onsen in the city due to the fact that it is located close to the city center.

I hope you liked this update! Next time we'll see more of this town with mosaics, and during autumn!

-Arthur
I'll take a quiet life... A handshake of carbon monoxide.

Props & Texture Catalog

feyss

Beautiful pictures. I especially like your terminus station.  :thumbsup:

RepublicMaster

Very nice update! I like the train station area! :thumbsup:

Gugu3

Awesome pictures Arthur!
cheers
Guglielmo

nbvc

Great work. &apls Waiting for the moasic.

RickD

Very nice, Arthur. I like it.  :)
My name is Raphael.
Visit my MD: Empire Bay (My old MD: Santa Barbara County)

Kergelen

Nice update and great use of sommy building &apls

Links to SC4 websites

Flatron

I like how you used Falling Water. The rest is gorgeous, as well, especially the onsen.

art128

Thanks for the comments, guys! &apls &apls

I haven't made much progress lately, due to a .... How to say... lack of motivation. Each time I open Simcity I end up letting the game run in background and I go do something else, really not productive at all. Oh well. I hope I'll be productive again in the future.

On another note, my graphic card died, at least that's what I think. Everything plugged correctly, but no image transmitted to my screens. I made sure that everything was working correctly, cables etc, no luck. I'll still check tomorrow in the BIOS, just in case... Guess that's it. I had some problems with it, like it shutting down suddenly for no reason, sometime when the computer was " idle ", sometime just the time I walk out the dog.. Or even Nvidia drivers crashing when I'm not even doing anything graphically intensive. I'm back on my old 4350 now. It's slow, but I don't game apart from Simcity, so i don't need that much graphical power anyway. But the card has some glitches with rendering text in firefox, will try to get that fixed because it's quite annoying.
/blog

As I said in the previous update, we're going to see a few mosaics from Hakone. Starting today with a single medium sized mosaic.

I hope you liked this mosaic. More to come next week end. :)
I'll take a quiet life... A handshake of carbon monoxide.

Props & Texture Catalog

vester

Gugu3

RepublicMaster

I love the river running through the middle! Absolutely great work! :D

Mr.Lin

Perfect woods !As well as the river and falls !
THE CITY OF DANYARD ! SCCN
THE CITY OF DANYARD ! SC4D (Click on the pictures below)

人们都知道的,是生活;人们不知道的,才是艺术

kelis

Fantastic job my friend !! I really like how the river flows through the city !! But I think that bridge is not the most appropriate for a city like this  :thumbsup:

Saludos Amigo
.                                                                                                                      

|| Benelux Team || Windows on the World || My Photos on Flickr || Kelis BNL Projects ||