• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

buzzits power project

Started by Buzzit, August 10, 2010, 02:52:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Buzzit

Quote from: metarvo on November 04, 2010, 06:16:21 AM
Good work, Buzzit!  :thumbsup:  It looks like your hard work is paying off.  I notice that the updated pole has single wires as opposed to the wire couplets shown in the previous picture.  Are you planning to make both, or are you going to use one or the other?
thanks met!
well this new pylon will have single wires! i think it looks better
i think multiple wires fit bigger pylons better than smaller ones but thats me :thumbsup:

Buzzit

found something interesting
it looks like this is where maxis got there pylons!

its near my place!

Fresh Prince of SC4D

^^Possibly. Also great job on the new release! It really enforces the realism to my energy infrastructure.
Returning from Call of Duty . Must rebuilt what I destroyed....

Buzzit

a small update:

i know! the model isnt posisioned properly but that will be fixt
i just want to show you that im going one step further with the construction of substations  :)

mightygoose

NAM + CAM + RAM + SAM, that's how I roll....

Fresh Prince of SC4D

Returning from Call of Duty . Must rebuilt what I destroyed....

MandelSoft

Looks great, although I would advise to use another lamppost, because this one simply looks too big and there is a chance that the cables hit the lamppost. Try to use another lamppost instead, like the German simple lamppost from the LRM Prop Pack 01.
Lurk mode: ACTIVE

Buzzit

Quote from: mrtnrln on November 05, 2010, 05:38:56 AM
Looks great, although I would advise to use another lamppost, because this one simply looks too big and there is a chance that the cables hit the lamppost. Try to use another lamppost instead, like the German simple lamppost from the LRM Prop Pack 01.
i wish i could
but i use the light replacement mod.  so every lamppost i use changes into this one unfortunately its not my type of lamppost but i don't know how to configure the types of lampposts for the game thats something i need to figure out

MandelSoft

You can! The prop pack is a dependency of the LRM. The LRM uses some models from the prop pack, but these lampposts are also available as seperate props. Try to search for LRM in the Lot Editor.
Lurk mode: ACTIVE

Buzzit

Quote from: mrtnrln on November 05, 2010, 05:55:29 AM
You can! The prop pack is a dependency of the LRM. The LRM uses some models from the prop pack, but these lampposts are also available as seperate props. Try to search for LRM in the Lot Editor.
oh cool! i certainly gonna try it out then! thanks!  ;D

rooker1

Awesome work here.  The substation is look great.
&apls
Robin
Call me Robin, please.

Buzzit

i made a final version for the substation
the only thing  i have to do now is to change the position of the pylon i miscalculated and now its on the line instead of the square it self..
but further more i think it looks great!

i made the fench my self. i tough it fits better with an HD model
i also adde a warning sign.

Buzzit

a new update:

added leftside corner pylons(right ones are completed but need to be renderd)
and the completed substation + pylon
and the french pylons for size comparison

for those who don't know
the french are -50 M (slightly smaller)
and the dutch one are arround 30 meters

all my pylons will be between 15 and 60 meters in height(i try to be as realistic as possible)

Lowkee33

Looking good  &apls

BTW:  In the Utilities Simulator Exemplar (TGI: 6534284A, E7E2C2DB, C911E35B) there is a property called "Power Radiation Radius".  This value is the amount that power can spread from a lot.  By increasing it you could place your pylons further away from each other.  Doing that would probably make the power lines look bad though.

There are also some power line parameters in there, and I wonder if they can be changed to make the default lines to match a custom pylon.

Cool to see some progress in your signature :)

Buzzit

update!:

its completed!
only thing to do is making some final checks
and making an installer and testing it!

picture:

it will be released! tomorrow or maybe even tonight!(but thats not sure)

and lowkee33
thanks for the info!
certainly something to look into :thumbsup:

SimNation

Nice Powerlines hope you make some larger transformer connectors in the future.

MR.Y

are this the dutch ones? looks good &apls

for the german ones, I have one photo of a pylon in my town, I can give it to you if you want...

Buzzit

Quote from: MR.Y on November 09, 2010, 01:43:19 PM
are this the dutch ones? looks good &apls

for the german ones, I have one photo of a pylon in my town, I can give it to you if you want...

i already had a pylon type in mind
but why not!
send it to my PM if you want  :)

Buzzit

hi there!
a little update

The first german double circuit 220KV pylon is under construction! (model idea thanks to MR.Y  :thumbsup: )
but it will take more time to complete and release than the dutch due school