• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Whats the price of petrol (gasoline) per litre where you live?

Started by jonoboo, May 25, 2008, 03:56:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jonoboo

Well the UK petrol prices have been getting higher and higher, the average unleaded petrol price for the UK is £1.14 ($2.25) a litre. Recent figures suggest that the UK has the tenth highest unleaded petrol prices in europe, we pay the most tax on petrol in the world and prices are predicted, by the end of this summer, to hit £1.50 ($2.96) a litre! My area we roughly pay £1.16 ($2.29) a litre at the moment, I live between Nottingham and Derby.

I was just wondering how much you pay on average for petrol?
Post how much you pay in either USD/litre or GBP/litre. www.xe.com can help you with conversions.

Example
Northampton, United Kingdom
Petrol/Litre = £1.25 ($2.47)

Here's your chance to rant about fuel prices!

Jono.
Meh!

TopCliff

Over here in Californ-i-a, Different stations have different rices. Right now, Arco's the lowest at $4.03 a gallon, while Chevron, Shell, and 76 are all tied at $4.49 a gallon. Analysts say we could hit $5.20 a gallon by the end of summer, the rate the prices have gone up.
Best movie of all time: Ferris Bueller's Day Off. If you disagree, Cameron will send your car over a cliff.

Please, call me Leo.  I quote John Lennon now, a great musician and philosopher. Particularly, one of his songs: You may say I'm a dreamer. But I'm not the only one. I hope someday you join us, and the world will live as one.

wes.janson

Henrik Sedin: 82gp 29g 83a 112p - 2009/2010 Art Ross/Hart Trophy winner!

un1

etherian

Here in Melbourne Australia, it got up to a record around A$1.65 (no time to find the exchange rate :P) a litre just last week.

It will probably be around A$1.45/L for the next few days of the cycle.
Typographia - Type as Cities" border="0

Types as Cities | Now Showing: Lucida

Andreas

At the moment, it's about 1,50 € ($2.36/£1.19) per liter in Germany for regular and premium. The highest I saw a few days ago was like 1.55 € or so ($9 per gallon!!!). Regular used to be one or two cents less, but since a while, but it seems like they want to phase out regular altogether. Diesel used to be at least 15 to 20 cent or so cheaper than regular, but now it's almost the same price, which is quite a shock for diesel drivers, since they have to pay a lot more taxes for the car, and also the cars are more expensive. The only bonus is that modern diesel cars use less gas than comparable petrol ones these days.
Andreas

Kitsune

~ NAM Team Member

Pat

eeks that is sad and here is the kicker to our pants in Saudi Ariba they are paying only $0.49 a gallon US Dollar and while in Iraq its something like a mere $0.29... On Military Bases (Texas to be particular) in the US the average price per gallon is sitting around $2.769/10 as the last I heard and that wasn't to long ago... While here in Wisconsin Im paying $4.149/10 a gallon whats wrong with this picture???

Don't forget the SC4D Podcast is back and live on Saturdays @ 12 noon CST!! -- The Podcast soon to Return Here Linkie

dedgren

(US) $4.06 a gallon (about (US) $1.07 per liter) just down the street.  The local stations have seen fit to knock off the 9/10 cent business- I think they all realized that some things were just a little bit too far over the top.

David
D. Edgren

Please call me David...

Three Rivers Region- A collaborative development of the SC4 community
The 3RR Quick Finder [linkie]

I aten't dead.  —  R.I.P. Granny Weatherwax

Filasimo

Last i went and filled up the other day by the Exxon where i live in hermitage east of nashville its $3.76 with prices in the downtown area probly higher...its been a while since i went into town.
Plaza Mall Project
http://sc4devotion.com/forums/index.php?topic=2171.0
Coming Soon to the LEX!

NAM Team
What can NAM do for you?
//

jonoboo

Seems like Europe has to endure really high fuel prices. You lucky people across the pond have it cheaper!  &mmm
Meh!

Palpatine001

Here in NZ 91 unleaded has hit $2/l for the first time with diesel not at $1.739/litre

The exchange rate as I wrote this is NZ$1= US$0.779

And we are looking at going more self sufficient energy wise
Now Idle
Please leave a message after the beep and I'll get to you as soon as I can bother

callagrafx

Quote from: jonoboo on May 25, 2008, 07:02:30 PM
Seems like Europe has to endure really high fuel prices. You lucky people across the pond have it cheaper!  &mmm

Main reason for that is it's not taxed to kingdom come like here...that and the oil companies in the US know that Americans with their car culture would never stand for such prices, especially as the US has it's own oil fields.  The UK has to import nearly all of it's oil.
The trouble with having an open mind, of course, is that people will insist on coming along and trying to put things in it

Q-Tips

In Tromsø Norway, the price for Diesel is about 3,1$ / 1,5£ for liter. and regular petrol have a price about 2,8$ / 1,4£ for a liter.
The prices in Tromsø use to be slightly more expensive than rest of the country (About 0,2$). This to get away from the tollboot practice you find in most city. But instead charce 0,2$ in exstra tax to cover road expenses. In this way it will be more fair, as those who drive much, most pay more than those who dont drive much. With tollboots, a person who dont drive much could have to pay much just because he accidentaly live right outside a boot, while one driving all the time wouldnt have to pay anything because he is lucky and live at inside of the boot-ring.

Prices in US and Canada looks to be very low. I dont think such low prices have been in Norway for at least 15 years. As far i understand those prices are low because its not being taxed so much as in many European countries. Since many European countries are increasing taxes on fuel with the excuses of environmental issues.

Shadow Assassin

Here in Sydney, Australia, it's A$1.53/L, A$5.79/gal. [in US dollars, it is: US$1.46/L, US$5.55/gal] That's for unleaded petrol.

We're screwed if diesel hits A$2/L.

And diesel is... A$1.80/L, A$6.81/gal [US$1.73/L, US$6.54/gal].

Unfortunately, because the Aussie dollar's real strong against the US dollar, petrol prices are higher because the oil companies are cutting their margins to the bone selling petrol here.
New Horizons Productions
Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dedgren ♦ dmscopio ♦ Ennedi
emilin ♦ Heblem ♦ jplumbley ♦ moganite ♦ M4346 ♦ papab2000
Shadow Assassin ♦ Tarkus ♦ wouanagaine
See my uploads on the LEX!

jmyers2043

Lets' see. We purchase gas by the gallon. 1 gal = 3.79 liters.

One dollar =  2.33 Euro/1.86 British pounds.

Multiply that out? A gallon at $3.69 = 8.83 Euro/7.04 pounds.

Filling my 10 gallon (37.9 liter) tank with petrol at my local filling station costs $37.90 but would cost $85.73 if I purchased it where Jonoboo lives and $89.73  if I purchased it at Andrea's location.

However, if Cal purchased his petrol in South Carolina it would cost 19.12 pounds and Andreas would only have to pay 24.01 Euro.

At any rate - I am fortunate in that I've always had small fuel efficient cars. So I fill my tank with $40 of gas every other week as I live about 8 miles from my work. Still, it is twice what I paid last year at this time.
Jim Myers  (5th member of SC4 Devotion)

Shadow Assassin

QuoteMultiply that out? A gallon at $3.69 = 8.83 Euro/7.04 pounds.

Conversion's incorrect. ;)

1 euro should equal $2.33.
1 pound should equal $1.86.

Actually, dunno what the current exchange rates are... :P
New Horizons Productions
Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dedgren ♦ dmscopio ♦ Ennedi
emilin ♦ Heblem ♦ jplumbley ♦ moganite ♦ M4346 ♦ papab2000
Shadow Assassin ♦ Tarkus ♦ wouanagaine
See my uploads on the LEX!

daeley

prices have gone up today again >_<

If I refuel at a cheap station (aka, one that doesn't serve at maximum price) I'd probably pay 1.38e/liter (= 2.175$/liter = 8.24$/gallon) for diesel. About 30 cents more then in januari  %wrd

I'm happy my cars runs at 4.5 liter/100km, or else I'd be ruined. I drive about 100km each day (live at 50km from work) so today I spent 6.20 euros just going to work and back. Man, I should just stay at home...
1. Install SC4+RH
2. Install LEX (CD&DVD helps) and latest NAM + updates
3. Play the game
4. ? ? ? ?
5. Profit!

TheTeaCat

Lucky for me that my bicycle doesn't need petrol   $%Grinno$%

;D ;D

:satisfied:
TTC
Kettle's on. Milk? Sugars?    ps I don't like Earl Grey  $%Grinno$%
Reduce, Reuse, Recycle - If you're not part of the solution , you're part of the problem!
"Never knock on Death's door: Ring the bell and run away! Death really hates that!"
Tales at TeaTime      Now A proper NUT      TTC plays GRV II