• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

show us your airport!

Started by jaronamo70, December 21, 2006, 09:01:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The_Hutt

sebes: You're right, it probably does need to be larger. I didn't put a whole lot of thought into that.

Filasimo: Sure, here they are:

18L / 36R - 2592 meters (8504 feet)
18C / 36C - 3136 meters (10289 feet)
18R / 36L - 2608 meters (8556 feet)
9 / 27 - 2816 meters (9239 feet)

All runways are 48 meters (157 feet) wide.

I could probably lengthen them a little more, but those are fairly sufficient for KLBJ's current needs. The Airbus A380 requires 2750 meters for takeoff, assuming maximum payload and perfect conditions, so I would probably lengthen 18C / 36C by another 500-1000 meters or so.

Oh, I'm not expanding KLBJ anymore, I was referring to a whole separate airport.

TopCliff: Check page 11, eighth post down  ;)

Filasimo

@hutt: wow those are real accurate runways! awesome job my airport i built which was based off osaka kansai international airport in japan had four 3000m runways parrallel to each other kinda like this:    | |  |  |  with taxiways inbetween them if you look at my olympus city MD its in the past pages i never got to finishing it but it had 3 long concourse arms with the capacity to hold around 150-200 gates or so forgot the specs but it should be in my MD updates when i was posting the airport  :-[ anyways keep it up buddy! soon enough once me and david (dedgren gets the wide ortho and diagonal runways done you can have not only wide ortho runways but diagonals as well  ;)
Plaza Mall Project
http://sc4devotion.com/forums/index.php?topic=2171.0
Coming Soon to the LEX!

NAM Team
What can NAM do for you?
//

canuck3360

suplado as always your airports are awesome

Now we bring you to River City Metro Airport(RRCM) in the State of Marceau

an Alaskan 737 On final in the snow to rwy 09L

Canal Entrance to the Terminals on normal days a water taxi is available to and from downtown to RRCM an ice breaker is usually brought through daily to make sure lanes are open but with the snow squal the breaker will wait.

A320's CRJ's and 737's at the North Terminal

more A320's and CRJ's this time at the South Terminal

Swesim

That´s quite some teaser with the 737s...
Very nice Photoshopping as well, interesting to see a different season of the year.
Do You have any pics from the summertime with the watertaxi operating?

canuck3360

sure do I'll see if I can dig them up

bat

Some very nice looking pictures of your great airport there, canuck3360! :thumbsup:
Wonderful work on it!

sebes

Check my MD:               
Rhenen,NN

pilotdaryl

Canuck3360: That airport is looking just great!  ;D  Smoke effects could use a bit of work but otherwise nice photoshopping!  :thumbsup:  And where did you get that localizer/ALS arrays?

canuck3360

ALS/Localizer set is in the Japanses thread

here the link to the site where it is
ALS-Localizer

and yeah I know the smoke effects(actually suposed to be steam since it's winter and all) aren't the best but in Photofiltre your only so limited(cannot afford Photoshop so gotta do with what I can)

cameron1991

I haven't posted pictures of any of my airports here in a while so I thought i would make a new airport.
It hasn't got a name lol (im no good with names) But it has taken about 10-15 hours of work spread over a week and it isnt even finished yet nor is it my best airport...
In pictures with multiple terminals, Ive labeled them with a letter which has an explanation about above the picture to help identify them  ;)
But heres the pictures!
Heres an overview of the airport
Runway 36R/18L is used for small aircraft (737s and A320s) and is 2464m long
Runway 36C/18C is used for large aircraft and is 3104m long
Runway 36L/18R has just begun construction and will be 3728m long (the roads are markers showing where the runway and the taxiway beside it will be when completed)

Heres the Terminal 1, the entrance to the airport

Heres a picture of the aircraft stands south of Terminal 1
Note that...
'A' is the aircraft spotting area, with an assortment of cafes,restaurants and gift shops. It is connected to Terminal 1 via an underground tram.
'B' is the aircraft stand area, which will eventually be upgraded to a proper concourse with jetways to save the passengers from having to board their aircraft under the intense desert sun.

The next picture is of the American Airlines terminal on a very quiet day which is just west of Terminal 1
'C' is the American Airlines terminal and the CRJs in the picture are at terminal 1

This picture is of the Virgin Blue terminal that is almost finished (waiting for interior work to be finished)
It will house Virgin Blue and its long haul subsidiary 'V Australia'
Ignore the 'D' I didnt mean to put that there as there is only one terminal in the picture

Next is the new Star Alliance Terminal
It will house all Star Alliance carriers long haul aircraft, most routes are scheduled to start within the next month or so.

All other long haul aircraft are currently using Terminal 1 while their new terminal is under construction (will be complete late 2008)
After the new terminal is completed for the other long haul aircraft, this concourse will be used by short-medium haul 737s, A320s etc

Here is the terminal under construction for the major carriers (not including Star Alliance carriers)

This empty plot of land will be developed into a terminal for short-medium haul aircraft within the next 5-10 years.

Heres the cargo apron and hotel/shopping area.
'E' is the cargo apron
'F' is the hotel area
'G' is the shopping mall and movie theater
(But you probably already could see that  :P)

figui

cameron1991: nice presentation of your airport!

mauricio.
first forums inhabitant from Uruguay..   first forums citizen from Uruguay..  first forums councilman from Uruguay..   first forums mayor from Uruguay..  first forums governor from Uruguay..
...i'm still the only one from Uruguay!

________

calibanX

Here are a few shots of one of the airports from my region Macedon.
This airport is roughly based on the Minneapolis/St. Paul International airport located in my home state of Minnesota.

I love all your airports! Enjoy!

Where City and Country Flow Together

pilotdaryl

cameron1991: Your airport's overall design looks great!  And I see you did some extra work with realism, great job on that too!  :thumbsup:
And calibanx, the terminal designs look really great!

krbe

Canuck, do I see Swiss and United A320's on the same airport? %confuso

And I have to agree with pilotdaryl, you've got a nice terminal down there, calibanx :thumbsup:

canuck3360

krbe-yup  I'm using them(Swiss Air) more for variety than for the livery

and as promissed

the Water taxi is in the lower right(you'll noticed I PS'ed a Taxi traveling down the canal as well as the ice floating in the canal)

bat

Very big and fantastic airport there, cameron1991!

Great pictures of your airport, calibanX!

Also yours is a nice new picture of that airport, canuck3360!

krbe

Quote from: canuck3360 on January 11, 2008, 08:31:18 PM
krbe-yup  I'm using them(Swiss Air) more for variety than for the livery

From what I've heard about the service standards of United, it sounds like you need Swiss -- I've never flown Swissair though, but from what I've experienced from other full-service airlines (since 2003), Swiss really stands out. And their cheapest round-trips across Europe are as cheap the low-cost companies!

Travis

Something new I've been working on...

Northwest Terminal...

Asian Terminal...

...and the American Airlines Terminal...

More to come.  :)

ManuelR

Here is a part of my airport. Some planes rolling to the start.
Thanks to suplado! for the lots of the planes. :thumbsup:

bat

That are great new pictures of these airplanes, Travis!
Yours is also nice, ManuelR! Nice one with the farms! :thumbsup: