• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

New NAM??

Started by Alek King of SC4, January 03, 2007, 07:33:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

NikNik

Hey guys, did you notice with the new NAM that:
- The PC is much slower especially when bulldozing pieces of streets combined with buildings (all data installed as standard)
- Some puzzle pieces do not fit in their original place if you accidently destroy them. I have found this out with a NAM highway interchange (which I love to use as it is much, MUCH better looking than the cloverleaf that comes standard).
- the crash bug is increased (now PC crashes randomly)

Any one of you have the same experience or other experiences that you may share here?

Nik-Nik

Alek King of SC4

I am using the previous version right now  %BUd% %BUd%

jeronij

Mmmm, very strange.....I have made some tests, and I have noticed that the game chrashes when you try to place a puzzle piece over an existing transit network. It happens to me when I try to place a simple road over rail piece. BAM !!! Out of the game. It also happened when I tried to place a railover road piece, but this time the chrash ocurred when the piece was incidentally over a railroad....

I will check if the version hosted here is somehow corrupted....I´ll see if it needs updating. I´ll contact Andreas Roth about this. In the meantime I have removed the linkies to the NAM.
I am currently not active - Please, contact Tarkus for any site related matter. Thanks for enjoying SC4D :D

Autism Awareness;  A Father Shares
Mallorca My Mayor Diary

wouanagaine

I have installed the one from toutsimcity in french, and I do not experienced any crashes. I'm only laying down my transit netowrk for now

The only thing I can't find is the new european highway exits, but I have not search a lot

New Horizons Productions
Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dmscopio ♦ dedgren ♦ emilin ♦ Ennedi ♦ Heblem ♦ jplumbley
M4346 ♦ moganite ♦ Papab2000 ♦ Shadow Assassin ♦ Tarkus ♦ wouanagaine
Divide wouanagaine by zero and you will in fact get one...one bad-ass that is - Alek King of SC4

jeronij

I will download the ST ones, and try them tonight. I also asked Andreas for a had with this, and he will answer soon  ;)
I am currently not active - Please, contact Tarkus for any site related matter. Thanks for enjoying SC4D :D

Mallorca My Mayor Diary

Fledder200

hmzzzz maby it's me...but i don't have problems with the new NAM...it works just better then the old one...:)
but i noticed that i never have problems with the things that other people have.

next time i'll play the game sober, maby then i'll notice something strange   ???
-----------------------------------------------------------------
Life is too short to wear bad clothes...and ugly shoes!

jeronij

SO, finally a had the time to test everything, and I have to say that nothings seems to be wrong with the last version. It seems I wanted to place a piece where I should not, and there was an old bridges mod laying in my computer.... :-[ So only a big confusion.

Nik-Nik, I dont know what may be happening with your installation, but check twice that you have no duplicated NAM files. Also, if you use some mod which is not included in the NAM, mak sure you have the latest version ( rural streets, euro highway, GLR and so on). I hope you find the bug  ::)

Mallorca My Mayor Diary

Alek King of SC4

i also did not have a problem with it as much as i did not need the added content and size right now

pvarcoe

I did notice that Darmok, in his Anduin Valley cj on ST, commented on finding the new NAM slower, and posed the question to his cj readers asking what results they were experiencing with the new version.

I haven't been able to get back into his cj in the last couple of days to see the responses. His cj seems to take forever to load up. ST probelms maybe?

mark

My game is crashing when trying to use the nam rail puzzle piece (rail on slope), but ive found it no longer crashes if i remove these files JS_rail_Trestle_road / JS_rail_Trestle_avenue / or the JS_rail_Trestle_highway plugin's( i had to remove all the bridges in my city 1st) should these files need to be updated for the new nam  :'( or have i just been lucky. ?

please any help welcome.

wild_horse_in_the_sky

Mark,
Those need to be updated.

jeronij

Yes, you may want to contact the creator to see if there is an upgrade available for that bridge, and post a linkie here when you have it  ;)

Mallorca My Mayor Diary

wild_horse_in_the_sky

Jeronij,
I  just tried sending JayStimson a private message over at Simtropolis to no avail. I'll leave a comment in one of his bridge's that he posted.

jeronij

I understand. I havent tested JS bridges so I cant be of much help for this issue  ::)

Mallorca My Mayor Diary

mark

Thanks guys

yeah it's the bridges alright been playing all afternoon without a crash.

just playing without atm :)

Kokopelli

I have installed the new NAM and do not seem to have any trouble. However, the new NAM does not have all those radical transit mods to reduce communte times. Now I am having a problem with "no job" zots and abandoned buildings. Is it possible to get those transit mods with the new NAM? If so how do I go about reinstalling the transit mods into the new NAM. Someone please help. thanks

Filasimo

when u install it there are options where u can add features like the turning lane and other stuff like that also u can click on what transit pathfinding mod u can include....if im not mistaken u can pic anywhere from commutespeeds to pathfinding...may wanna check it over in the installation process
Plaza Mall Project
http://sc4devotion.com/forums/index.php?topic=2171.0
Coming Soon to the LEX!

NAM Team
What can NAM do for you?
//

jeronij

The latests NAM version (January 2007) is available in the home page www.sc4devotion.com  , linked in the main menu (just in case you need it  ;) )

Mallorca My Mayor Diary

Andreas

Andreas

DFire870

:o Double decker! Nice job, and I can't wait for this to be released.
After a long absence, I'm back! And I will be starting a new MD soon.