• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

High Speed Rail Project (HSRP)

Started by Jonathan, August 19, 2007, 02:07:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jonathan

Quote from: Andreas on February 22, 2008, 04:28:31 AM
Great update indeed! The only thing that bugs me a bit is that the monorail supports look a bit weak for the HSR models, but I suppose this can be changed. ;)

Lol yes, MIncroabl has given me the T21s to change the supports but I'm having trouble with the prop desc exemplars. Them and the shadows will be changed by the release, but first priority is to get the track functional

Quote from: rickmastfan67 on February 22, 2008, 03:21:30 AM
But dude, compress those JPG images some. :P  An 418x336 image shouldn't have to be over 400Kb. ;)  If you had compressed it some, that image should have been around 30-50Kb.  Same with the other four saving you file space and bandwidth. ;)

Compress...??? How do I do that? I only have MSpaint btw.

rickmastfan67

Quote from: Warrior on February 22, 2008, 04:47:29 AM
Compress...??? How do I do that? I only have MSpaint btw.

First, download the program called IrfanView.  Once you do that, save any images you have in that program and when you select JPG format, extra options will pop up allowing you to compress the image. ;)
-- James Mast, aka: rickmastfan67
Painter/Public Relations at: Masgrafx Racing.

Check out the 9/11/01 Car Set Checklist.

Take a look @ the JPG Compression tutorial.  A must read to help cut away unnecessary file size from 500k+ images to help dial-up users out.

vester

You can easily set the compress rate to 70 % in IrfanView, without losing quality.

toxicpiano

Quote from: Andreas on February 22, 2008, 04:28:31 AM
Great update indeed! The only thing that bugs me a bit is that the monorail supports look a bit weak for the HSR models, but I suppose this can be changed. ;)
I think I prefer the monorail supports to the original ones :)
I find that alcohol, taken in sufficient quantities, can bring about all the effects of drunkenness.

Jonathan

This will probably sound a really stupid question, but anyway:
Are draggable networks under diagonal HSR underpasses really neccessary?
I ask this because it will almost double the amount of RULs.
I could do them as puzzle pieces which would save a lot of time, allowing me to get on with shadows and supports, and then a private alpha release and on to a public beta. (and then GHSR)

It would help a great deal if you read this and then replied with an answer. :)

Diggis

I would say in the long run yes they are.  But for now concentrate on getting out an Alpha test of the basic works.

RebaLynnTS

If I ever get my book published, and make my movie .. you guys are getting paid :)
Becca

Look for me at ... Becca At Bat

Jonathan

I have decided to make the diagonal underpasses puzzle pieces in the first version, they will then be made draggable in later versions.

JoeST

tbh, THIS IS AMAZING.... :)

Joe
Copperminds and Cuddleswarms

rickmastfan67

-- James Mast, aka: rickmastfan67
Painter/Public Relations at: Masgrafx Racing.

Check out the 9/11/01 Car Set Checklist.

Take a look @ the JPG Compression tutorial.  A must read to help cut away unnecessary file size from 500k+ images to help dial-up users out.

dragonshardz

Hmmm...looks like I'd better get moving on my testing!

Jonathan

Thanks to Tropod for helping me out with the shadows :thumbsup:, I have now added the correct shadows to the straight tile of HSR and it worked so the other tiles will be following suit

Also the Diagonal HSR x Road/Street/OWR puzzle piece are added. Then I'll try and add the rest today.
After that it's only adding the supports back in and everything will be fretty much finished. I have given my self a deadline of finishing it by the end of Sunday (tommorrow) and the absolutte deadline is the end of February Hopefully everything will go smoothly and to plan. (hopefully) :)

EDIT: All the shadows have now been added correctly, the monorail still have the same shadows as before.
Now adding those puzzle pieces and supports by the end of the weekend, luckily I have very little homework to do. :D

RebaLynnTS

Becca

Look for me at ... Becca At Bat

T1

So the High Speed Rail trains will go faster than the normal ones, correct me if I'm wrong, I didn't read the WHOLE entire thread through lol.

Tarkus

Quote from: T1 on February 25, 2008, 05:26:07 PM
So the High Speed Rail trains will go faster than the normal ones, correct me if I'm wrong, I didn't read the WHOLE entire thread through lol.

Correct.  It's based on the Monorail network.

And Jonathan, I can't say it enough, this is just fantastic work here. :thumbsup:   The HSR-over-SAM puzzle pieces are an especially nice touch.

-Alex (Tarkus)

T1

Wow thats pretty cool they will actually go faster. I can't wait for it to come out.

Jonathan

Sorry for not posting here in about 2 weeks, but RL got harder on me than I expected :-[, I had hoped to have finished the diagonal underpasses last weekend, but wasn't able to :(. If everything goes to plan I should have them finished by the end of this weekend coming up. :)

JoeST

Cant wait, and dont wory, RL is wayy more inportant, even tho sometimes it doesnt seem to be

Joe
Copperminds and Cuddleswarms

thundercrack83

Quote from: Warrior on March 04, 2008, 11:32:08 PM
Sorry for not posting here in about 2 weeks, but RL got harder on me than I expected :-[, I had hoped to have finished the diagonal underpasses last weekend, but wasn't able to :(. If everything goes to plan I should have them finished by the end of this weekend coming up. :)

Sorry to hear that life's been hitting you hard lately, my friend. I hope all is well, and I look forward to seeing what you have for us in the future!