• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

RHW (RealHighway) - Development and Support

Started by Tarkus, April 13, 2007, 09:10:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MandelSoft

The RHW is great :thumbsup:, but I've one question: when can I expect Shadow Assassin's Eurotextureset of the RHW?
I can hardly wait for it!
Lurk mode: ACTIVE

Shadow Assassin

It will be done when it's done. ;)

I've just transferred to a new computer, so it's been set back a little (I've got no modding tools at the moment).
New Horizons Productions
Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dedgren ♦ dmscopio ♦ Ennedi
emilin ♦ Heblem ♦ jplumbley ♦ moganite ♦ M4346 ♦ papab2000
Shadow Assassin ♦ Tarkus ♦ wouanagaine
See my uploads on the LEX!

j-dub

I knew you could do the bridge. I also know the same about tunnels, there is a way to do it. I mean the mountain ones, visually they are not there, but it seems when I drag the RHW over to the other side, I get the green light, if I go all the way over. I don't know what this does for you, but all I know is I never attempted that before, that was interesting for me. Both one and 2 seem to be able to do it, 3 I wouldn't say so much. Also, I don't know if you call this laziness, about white lining both sides with no yellow line at all, but it might work, if worst comes to worst, because the game likes to mirror things, hopefully not. You see the yellow line on the rhw underpass in this picture wasn't even bothered with here. Good idea or not? Its kinda all mirrored here with the model, ain't it?
You can Magnify this if its hard to see the details., And yes, I use centre pole as streetlight for rhw.

Jonathan

If I remember correctly the RHW Tunnel can be dragged but does not function even with/out a visible entrance.
I thought the same as you when I first saw the green light.

j-dub

Maybe, not yet, but later. But also not to rush things, just a thought, after seeing the bridge.

SusanMarie1956

But does the automatia go through the tunnel or just disappear at the entrance of the rampway?
-Susan Marie

dragonshardz

j-dub: those are lot based tunnels that ransfer the RHW to subway. And tunnel models/functionality cannot be added atm because tunnels are hard-coded into the .exe file. Editing the .exe file is illegal. Do the math.

Also the lots shown are not needed, because blahdy is making RHW-compliant Big Dig tunnels.

BigSlark

Holy cow! RHW bridges!!! I knew you could do it, Alex...

Keep up the amazing work.

Cheers,
Kevin

Tropod

Quote from: dragonshardz on February 23, 2008, 05:55:22 PM
tunnel models/functionality cannot be added atm because tunnels are hard-coded into the .exe file.

Functionality is hardcoded, yes. The models though are not; all it (RHW tunnels) requires is the applicable Exemplar with GID of 0x6BE08658 for the model, for those that like the eye-candy &mmm

MandelSoft

Quote from: Shadow Assassin on February 23, 2008, 05:54:46 AM
It will be done when it's done. ;)

I've just transferred to a new computer, so it's been set back a little (I've got no modding tools at the moment).

Ok, that's good to know.
Lurk mode: ACTIVE

Shadow Assassin

QuoteAnd tunnel models/functionality cannot be added atm because tunnels are hard-coded into the .exe file. Editing the .exe file is illegal. Do the math.

As Tropod said, the functionality is hardcoded, but the model is.

The RHW tunnels are available in game, however, they are not entirely functional... or have any model, for that matter.

QuoteThe models though are not; all it (RHW tunnels) requires is the applicable Exemplar with GID of 0x6BE08658 for the model, for those that like the eye-candy

Heh, eye candy. I'll look at that later.

j_dub, it might be a good idea to point out that the functionality of those tunnels [especially because they are on lots] prevent the use of civic and bus traffic because they just would be converted to car traffic if you used a subway connection to link those tunnels up. It's a limitation of the game, sadly. Automata will not go through the connection like as with a normal tunnel connection. The positioning of those transit-enabled lots in the intersection, though, may cause path jumping issues (and would mess with the simulator too) if they were not modded correctly. It is a problem with the game and would require a lot of advanced modding to bypass the problem.
New Horizons Productions
Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dedgren ♦ dmscopio ♦ Ennedi
emilin ♦ Heblem ♦ jplumbley ♦ moganite ♦ M4346 ♦ papab2000
Shadow Assassin ♦ Tarkus ♦ wouanagaine
See my uploads on the LEX!

RebaLynnTS

Quote from: Warrior on February 24, 2008, 06:29:59 AM
IF we could get cars on subways to work we could have user controlled tunnelling.

I was just thinking that myself.
Becca

Look for me at ... Becca At Bat

Jonathan

It is an idea the JPlumbley had, and it worked until you dragged another network over the subway, then the simis for some reason cant use it, but the interest in that has somewhat died. Whether if the community had permission to modify the EXE the amount of things that could be changed to make this game even better, including user-contolled tunnelling would be enormous.

j-dub

Anything is possible with the EXE alot of other stuff can be changed, like stopping the game to crash, but freezing for ten minutes instead. They just don't tell you its unlawful about modding the EXE in the End User Liscence/product manual. Certaintly can't do that now, after just learning about it here. Do'h!  :bomb: I heard from some magazine or site that supposebly any modding to any games are illegal, wether its the EXE or Not. Don't know how those rules apply, alot of official game sites let you do a showcase, and in the past Maxis or whoever had checked up with our communities. However, lots of the buildings people have done can be question if it was legal to use intellectual properties there or not, the original game artists didn't use the logos for the Landmarked buildings, and alot of the commercial buildings they designed off, other games like Gran Turismo copied all the real logos from companies, and real images into their games for their buildings, I know because I have them. The times square level is a good example, real stuff all over the place. Where as in some movies filmed there, they edit those things out. My point is not that the EXE is going to be edited by anyone in the community, but whats worst, editing the game's lacked to be fixed exe, or playing a cracked/d-led version of SC 4 deluxe? And about Blahdy's tunnels, which I have, I thought they already looked like the RHW now, even though its oneways under the cement, more importantly is the future release of RHW 6 to sub transition which we need anyway, but will there be RHW overpasses just like the NAM's Avenue Pieces? Its not like I te'd some RHW to subway transition lot, that infact was a big dig lot 1 by 3 in my pic, except with the sign because thats a building dat file. Anway its better to deny having anything to do with the EXE. %confuso (looking around)

Filasimo

jdub: 6 words: "Please let us do our job" kay? we are aware of the do's and don'ts so please sit back and relax and let us work our magic kay? we have been working on some crazy experiments with the game which we will announce when we announce it. now all we can say is:

STAY TUNED! :thumbsup:
Plaza Mall Project
http://sc4devotion.com/forums/index.php?topic=2171.0
Coming Soon to the LEX!

NAM Team
What can NAM do for you?
//

Palpatine001

[Stays tuned]

Best bet indeed is to stay tuned indeed and watch out for those pesky commerical breaks  :o that ruin a good days viewing.

So then, here is my support and compliments to the team on all their efforts  :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Great work in expanding SC4  &apls
Now Idle
Please leave a message after the beep and I'll get to you as soon as I can bother

dragonshardz

[stays tuned as well]

What commercial breaks Palp?

RebaLynnTS

Becca

Look for me at ... Becca At Bat

Pat

Glued to the RHW Channel just as right now Im Glued at the radio station for this curseded Auto Club 500 lol......  BUT RHW aint curseded its a blessin and any one that says other wise should be takin out to the woodshed lol  :D :D :D

Don't forget the SC4D Podcast is back and live on Saturdays @ 12 noon CST!! -- The Podcast soon to Return Here Linkie