• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Diagonal Bridges

Started by rotaryspdpunk, April 23, 2007, 10:42:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jayo

Quote from: rotaryspdpunk on April 23, 2007, 10:42:07 AM
Ok,

It is possible to do diagonal bridges, the only problem is that they must be lot-based.  They're actually quite simple, there's just a bunch of work that must be done, and the prohibitions of certain items in the LE, the Reader, and SC4tool make it a rather busy process...

Anyway, my problem is that I know how to make diagonal bridges function, but BATting bridges is far from my forte.  I was wondering if anyone would be interested in exporting their models on the diagonal.  The process is totally different from 'real' SC4 bridges, in that the whole model must be exported as a single unit, and the 0,0 point must occur where the bridge is on land.  Essentially, it needs to be BATted like an overhanging prop.

Bridge length can be doubled if the model is semetrical by placing the bridge prop on either side of the land.

Length is the biggest issue.  Because they are lot-based, the bridge length is fixed.  By using the double bridge method (depending on the specifics of the model) it is possible to make a double minus one tiles bridge length and anywhere in between.

Here shows the functionality:

Here is the double-bridge method (though it's used on a straight lot-based bridge):

this is form Davids thread in simtropolis.
But great idea anyway :P
I'm back

rotaryspdpunk

And this is david1314 from simtropolis....

Changed my sig over there just for you  :thumbsup:

It just seemed there was a lot more bridge design talent here that was active...Build a road and they shall come   :P

this threads been far more productive than it's ST counterpart.

rotaryspdpunk

hmmm, tried to get this into the game, but I keep getting a crash to desktop error...

It's only once the lot is placed that it occurs.  The props preview fine, and it behaves as it should aligning over existing road.

I have my suspisions it may be a texture issue and have a trick or two up my sleve still...I'm nearly certain it's not conflict related, I have vanilla game with NAM, terrain mod, and a few other 'universal' type plugins...

Anyway, I have class right now, I'll test this later.

Shadow Assassin

QuoteSA, the Krummbach bridge (orthogonal version) is my last LEX release

LOL, that I didn't know. :D
New Horizons Productions
Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dedgren ♦ dmscopio ♦ Ennedi
emilin ♦ Heblem ♦ jplumbley ♦ moganite ♦ M4346 ♦ papab2000
Shadow Assassin ♦ Tarkus ♦ wouanagaine
See my uploads on the LEX!

ssc4k

if they ae lot based wont htey be square and block water space? but its a good project :P
(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")
This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature and help him gain world domination.

RON-E

diagonal bridges would add to realism, but i would die for the double bridge mod. i have ran into so many opurtunities where i could use a double bridge, but the limitations of sc4 have prohibited that and the design of the city is drastically changed because of it.

ssc4k

i owuldnt die for it then i wouldnt get to use it ;) but many bridge projects ar eoging on and i like all of them :p
(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")
This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature and help him gain world domination.

Kellydale2003

I've got RULs that could lead to diagonal bridges. But I didn't work on it like in 3 or 2 months. I didn't see this project. I have some cool NAM wanna be mods, If I ever get better Diagonal bridges I will post it here first. My diagonal bridges are Lot based also, I know what you are going through. We'll see how this project goes.
<center> Cant-Escape Productions

www.Cant-Escape.piczo.com
A personal fan site "devoted"
Kellydale2003
</center>

vester

Once more again !!!!

Please show us. Words is easy, but ..... from words to something real, there is a long way to go.

Filasimo

please kelly if you want to talk the talk please walk the walk and show us your development -unphotoshopped- and also the modding language to back up your claim its really disheartening you are telling you did this and you did that and not even show how you did it.
Plaza Mall Project
http://sc4devotion.com/forums/index.php?topic=2171.0
Coming Soon to the LEX!

NAM Team
What can NAM do for you?
//

Ryan B.

Quote from: Kellydale2003 on November 24, 2007, 01:40:34 PM
I've got RULs that could lead to diagonal bridges. But I didn't work on it like in 3 or 2 months. I didn't see this project. I have some cool NAM wanna be mods, If I ever get better Diagonal bridges I will post it here first. My diagonal bridges are Lot based also, I know what you are going through. We'll see how this project goes.
Let's see it, then.  Otherwise, I'm calling bull[expletive] & shenanigans.

dedgren

Okay...

Time OUT!

Kellydale- do not post again anywhere in SC4D until you've PM'd me and explained what you're up to along with your relationship (if any) to SC4D member cantescape.

Clear?

David
D. Edgren

Please call me David...

Three Rivers Region- A collaborative development of the SC4 community
The 3RR Quick Finder [linkie]

I aten't dead.  —  R.I.P. Granny Weatherwax

Yoman

Interesting how the Cyber Police are tying the police line around a tree..... :P

Andreas

Quote from: Yoman on November 25, 2007, 12:11:20 PM
Interesting how the Cyber Police are tying the police line around a tree..... :P

It's not a tree, but a wooden telephone or power line pole. ;)
Andreas

DrPepper

So whats the progress on these bridges?
-DrPepper  ;)

R U A Great Bat Lighter? Great I need one!
http://sc4devotion.com/forums/index.php?topic=3571.0