• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

BSC Park Paths for Street Addon Mod - POLL

Started by jplumbley, July 13, 2007, 11:34:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Which of the following would you like for the Sidewalk path? (Only one choice) Please read the explainations in the first post.

Standard Transit Sidewalks (This includes Sidewalk mods like Jeronij's Sidewalk Mod)
50 (86.2%)
Original BSC Park Path color (Red bricks)
2 (3.4%)
BSC Park Paths V2 (a variety of 4 paths based on wealth)
6 (10.3%)

Total Members Voted: 57

Voting closed: July 20, 2007, 11:34:01 AM

jplumbley

This is a poll for how the what the sidewalk texture for the BSC Park Paths will show in the draggable SAM with pedestrian paths.

The Park Paths will use the existing textures in the BSC release.  Now, there are a few options I can go with while I transfer some of these textures into Transit Textures.  Here they are and I will explain what they can do:

1.  Standard Transit Sidewalks

With this option the standard sidewalk textures from Maxis will show through.  And it will depend on the wealth of adjacent lots.  Now, there have been mods created that change the sidewalk textures, these mods will be compatible with this option.  Meaning if you have Jeronij's Street Side Mod installed his textures will be used for the sidewalks for these paths.  I myself prefer this option.  As people in the future can make other Sidewalk mods and these paths will be compatible.

2. Original BSC Park Path color (Red bricks)

With this option you will get the original textures created by the BSC Team (SimGoober possibly).  They are those red brick textures.  These textures are not replaceable.  They will not change with wealth and they will always be the same.  People in the future may remake the textures and make them have the same IIDs to overwrite the ones I will have in the mod.  This is my least favorite option.

3. BSC Park Paths V2

With this option, there are multiple sidewalk base textures.  And they change based on whichever base texture you have installed (created by Deadwoods, I believe).  Now, I can make something to this effect.  But you wont have the choice of which ones go where.  I will make 1 sidewalk base texture per wealth giving 4 different sidewalk textures for the 4 different wealths.  These will not interfere with your sidewalks for the rest of the streets and will be dependant on wealth level.  My second favorite option is this one.

Now it is upto you guys.  Tell me which option you want, I will not be accepting any other options.

POLL CLOSES - Friday, July 20, 2007.  @2:30 PM EST
"You learn something new everyday."

http://img517.imageshack.us/img517/169/nhpjplumbleykv3.gif
Bringing the new horizons closer to reality.

Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dmscopio jplumbley ♦ moganite ♦ M4346 ♦ Dedgren ♦ Ennedi Shadow Assassin ♦  Tarkus ♦ wouanagaine
Street Addon Mod - SAM

jimmymac

I have to say that I think the first option is the best, as it allows the people who have chosen to supress or replace the origional sidewalks to keep a uniform look througout the city, whilst keeping the same look for all of the users who haven't chosen any of those mods, so in a way everyone is a winner.

callagrafx

I've gone with option 1 too, as it's probably the most flexible and will enable people to keep their streetside mods.
The trouble with having an open mind, of course, is that people will insist on coming along and trying to put things in it

Filasimo

arrrr ye matey i say ayeee like the other scalleywags who arrr in favrrr!!!  :thumbsup:
Plaza Mall Project
http://sc4devotion.com/forums/index.php?topic=2171.0
Coming Soon to the LEX!

NAM Team
What can NAM do for you?
//

TheTeaCat

option 1 is my first choice also. I think it will offer the best choice to all.  :thumbsup:
Kettle's on. Milk? Sugars?    ps I don't like Earl Grey  $%Grinno$%
Reduce, Reuse, Recycle - If you're not part of the solution , you're part of the problem!
"Never knock on Death's door: Ring the bell and run away! Death really hates that!"
Tales at TeaTime      Now A proper NUT      TTC plays GRV II

Glenni

number 1 suits me, i use the asphalt texture mod. :thumbsup:

sebes

I'd prefer the first option as well.... for unity in the city!
Check my MD:               
Rhenen,NN

jplumbley

Thank you everyone for putting your votes in.  I hope they keep coming in!  At the moment votes are:

Option 1:   29
Option 2:   1
Option 3:   3

The poll closes in 6 days.  I am glad I am getting a good response.  The option chosen by everyone here will be the way the Parks will be designed for draggable transit.

You opinions about this are wanted, so when you vote please leave a comment.   Thanks!
"You learn something new everyday."

http://img517.imageshack.us/img517/169/nhpjplumbleykv3.gif
Bringing the new horizons closer to reality.

Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dmscopio jplumbley ♦ moganite ♦ M4346 ♦ Dedgren ♦ Ennedi Shadow Assassin ♦  Tarkus ♦ wouanagaine
Street Addon Mod - SAM

beskhu3epnm

I'm with the "entourage" on this one...!!

http://sc4devotion.com/forums/index.php?board=79.0
New Horizons Productions Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dmscopio dedgren ♦ Ennedi ♦ Heblem ♦ jplumbley ♦ moganite M4346 ♦ Shadow Assassin ♦ Tarkus ♦ wouanagaine

bat