• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

RHW Random Bridges

Started by HabLeUrG, April 20, 2007, 06:47:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

HabLeUrG

i think youre right, but actually watched a google earth picture looking the shadow pillars too close to others, not if is a shadow effect by the sun or something...

this is the first overpass bridge I done, hope you like it, still need to fix the road walks cross textures and road protectors to the bridge, will be making some different models and style of overpasses for road and avenues  ;).

edit: I dunno if fukuda will configure this but if someone could do it, will be so grateful

Tarkus

HabLeUrG, this stuff is looking great!  There are a couple things with the overpass, though.  The RHW Modular Interchange System (RHWMIS) I'm working on can already do overpasses like that, though the scaling is slightly longer length-wise. 

However, if you still want to continue with yours, I'd suggest splitting it in two width-wise, because the way it's set up right now, it will only work for RHWs with a 1-tile median, but if you split it, then it could work with all sizes of median (which is one of the main features of the RHW) ;).  I'd also be willing to assist modding-wise.

-Alex

HabLeUrG

tarkus, i dont understand if you trying to explain if the bridge are okey or I need to modify it... I dunno if I make the overpass exactly like this or divided it by two pieces for each way, i think will be better if I divide it, and thank you alot for the offering, if you want me to make some overpasses pieces I will be so glad in do that  ;D

here is my new preview, I fixed some textures... and added a wall

will make some more different overpasses styles... im thinking now in a inter exchange...

edit: Tarkus, I think this will be only for the RHWs with a 1-tile median, if you want me anyway in modifying to for the other pieces i could do it  ;)

HabLeUrG

sorry for double topic, here is my progress on this bridge just fixing this to match the road 100% I have to separate a bit the bridge to make it accurate with the RHW, this picture is just a eyecandy

by knowing this scale I will not have problems in future models at the scale and I can make it by estimating from this one ...

hope you like this  :)

Colyn

I love this ... I especially like the slope of the bridge.
Work, the annoying period between bike trips.
Come see CSX Play

Filasimo

um wow cants lurk no further must post comment garr!  $%#Ninj2  i cant wait to see an avenue version of this and a RHW8 version
Plaza Mall Project
http://sc4devotion.com/forums/index.php?topic=2171.0
Coming Soon to the LEX!

NAM Team
What can NAM do for you?
//

rooker1

This is pretty incredible.  Great work.   I never say this until now and I am very impressed.

Robin   :thumbsup: &apls
Call me Robin, please.

BigSlark

hableurg,
I like what you've done so far, but I have a suggestion.

I would suggest making the ramps a bit longer with a shallower angle between the ramp and RHW. That's just if you want to create a modern interchange. If you want to make something from 40-60 years ago, then you're right on target.

Cheers,
Kevin

HabLeUrG

thanks to all!

BigSlark: yeah thats a good point, but the problem that will take alot of space

an avenue intersection, will make two more similar of road and avenues but for both lanes together

wouanagaine

Amazing. No others words

Oh I have others words: I want them

New Horizons Productions
Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dmscopio ♦ dedgren ♦ emilin ♦ Ennedi ♦ Heblem ♦ jplumbley
M4346 ♦ moganite ♦ Papab2000 ♦ Shadow Assassin ♦ Tarkus ♦ wouanagaine
Divide wouanagaine by zero and you will in fact get one...one bad-ass that is - Alek King of SC4

marcosMX

Wonderful, Im sure this will be very useful once released  :thumbsup:

Filasimo

hableburg: one thing i find interesting are the roundabout offramps u added ive never seen those here in the states before but feeder roads with roundabouts that go under the freeway i.e. houston but nice work and touch!
Plaza Mall Project
http://sc4devotion.com/forums/index.php?topic=2171.0
Coming Soon to the LEX!

NAM Team
What can NAM do for you?
//

HabLeUrG

thanks all for the comments!

I have seen some of these over Texas, at the I-35 and I-10 but not sure if there are like those in other states....  ???

Will be working in some intersections of Avenue-RHW, RHW-Highway, RHW-RHW and probaly off of topic a Highway-Avenue.

My big question is someone could configure it for traffic or no, im not familiar at the configurations, so will be a big favor even more if those pieces will available at next NAM

DFire870

Yeah, I've only seen those little u-turns here in Texas, and only when there were feeder roads (so the off-ramps went onto the feeders).

But great job, can't wait to use these in-game.
After a long absence, I'm back! And I will be starting a new MD soon.

BigSlark

Mississippi and Louisiana have some exits like this one, and I think I've driven one in the Central Valley of California.

They aren't "rare," so to speak, simply because Texas has thousands of interstate exits...

apostate

yeah, texas seems to like to do its own thing with highway design. We're anal about exit numbering and I doubt there is any other place on earth with more feeder roads. Houston is also the only place ive seen purple freeway signs

HabLeUrG

two more bridges:

Only need to add some details to the bridges (like sings,  etc) and will export all the bridges, so  can someone will configure it  :-\

vester

These bridges looks great.  :thumbsup:

Hope you will do versions without the U-lanes.

HabLeUrG

i moved this project here...

http://sc4devotion.com/forums/index.php?topic=1088.msg30626;topicseen#msg30626

this thread closed, until fukuda finish his bridges   ;D

wgb24

simcity buff