• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Charles River Crossing Project (CRCP)

Started by blahdy, June 18, 2007, 08:25:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pat

OMG OMG OMG WOW Blahdy that is stunning details!!!

Don't forget the SC4D Podcast is back and live on Saturdays @ 12 noon CST!! -- The Podcast soon to Return Here Linkie

blahdy

thanks ;)

NEW UPDATE:

Finishing the I-93 SBD tunnel section, finish touches on the wall, catwalk railings going up etc.

The other side's wall is still under construction.  The red-striped wall panels will go up soon enough, until then it's just slurry walls.

Viewing from the tunnel construction area:

I-93 SBD tunnel entrance area to date:

Zakim Bridge's cables are ready to be hooked up into these cabling anchors (zakim bridge is a cable-stayed bridge).  The cabling work will begin after ramp LC-S tunnel is completed and some adjustments are made to the south bridge tower.

Aerial shot:

rickmastfan67

-- James Mast, aka: rickmastfan67
Painter/Public Relations at: Masgrafx Racing.

Check out the 9/11/01 Car Set Checklist.

Take a look @ the JPG Compression tutorial.  A must read to help cut away unnecessary file size from 500k+ images to help dial-up users out.

Ennedi

This is a very interesting project and it will be a great event if it will be succesfully finished. Your firs images look fantastic :thumbsup:
It is also a very good idea of making it compatible with RHWMIS and of making it modular - it can greatly increase usefulness of these lots in the game.

Your project schedule is very well thought too. But I have a suggestion:

Maybe it would be good to finish and release this set partially?
1. I am sure all of this project contributors are experienced creators and experienced players too, so you can test everything in game before releasing. But the ultimate test starts after release  ;) when many players start to use the new stuff. This way you can receive much more useful feedback than from a few testers. I'm thinking not only about technical aspects, but about practical usefulness of these lots to create transit network.
2. Probably only a few players will want to reconstruct all this transit complex exactly as it looks in RL. Most of them will use these lots in a different way, so I think what I said in point 1 (a feedback from players) is even more important.
3. All of us know that RL events can cause many breaks and other troubles. I saw some really good projects which were almost finished and then stopped because of the relatively unimportant reason.
4. After releasing a part of this set you will have more chance for help with next parts (in my opinion  ;))
5. I think your team will have better motivation to finish the work if a part of it will be finished and used.

It's only my opinion, but maybe it would be good to think about it?
New Horizons Productions
Berethor - beskhu3epnm - blade2k5 - dmscopio - dedgren - Emilin - Ennedi
jplumbley - moganite - M4346 - nichter85 - papab2000 - Shadow Assassin - Tarkus - wouanagaine

Pat

Don't forget the SC4D Podcast is back and live on Saturdays @ 12 noon CST!! -- The Podcast soon to Return Here Linkie

Filasimo

i meant to comment last night but it took me up to today to get my jaws off the floor from looking at this  :D but i must say the pics look so real you almost cant tell it apart from the real life pictures  ???
Plaza Mall Project
http://sc4devotion.com/forums/index.php?topic=2171.0
Coming Soon to the LEX!

NAM Team
What can NAM do for you?
//

cameron1991

blahdy

Ennedi:  Thanks for your thoughtful comments.

Actually, you're in luck.  The CRCP project was designed from start with strict modularity in mind, that makes it compatible with other systems.  The project is separated into major 'grid areas' that make up the puzzle pieces for SC4 environment.  The bordering line that break up the whole system into these separate puzzle pieces is called PDL -- Project Demarcation Line.   The PDL's in CRCP are specifically designed to terminate carefully so that it can be "pluggable" into other transportation systems as well, such as the upcoming RHW-8 Elevated Highway.  That's right, this means that you can use the Zakim Bridge's tunnel portal to connect to RHW/MIS elevated highway network, instead of the Zakim bridge itself.

See pictures below:
Notice the red line depicting the PDL placement.  The PDL here allows the model to be separated just at the point where Zakim Bridge interfaces with the tunnel portal abutment.  This means that this puzzle piece can be configured to other 'translator/connector' lots that will allow you to connect into RHW-8 elevated highway for other uses.  Likewise, technically Zakim bridge itself can be connected to different approach structures, instead of the tunnel portal being made here (however, that's up for someone else to make as i'm too busy with existing projects).

Close up shot of PDL placement:

So yes, the current plan is to release CRCP in part-by-part, with the tunnel portal being released first, with a compatibility lot that will let you plug into upcoming RHW-8 elevated highway network.  But even so, this tunnel portal is still far from complete, even though it looks pretty much done -- it's only about 50% done right now -- the finish touches and little details are the hardest to get done.

Pat

Blahdy there is no way you are making all this... these has to be pics of the bridge itself without traffic OMG wow you have my mind totaly blown away!!!! Great Job here....

Toichus Maximus

Holy moly, this came from nowhere! Absolutely phenomenal work!

rickmastfan67

Take a look @ the JPG Compression tutorial.  A must read to help cut away unnecessary file size from 500k+ images to help dial-up users out.

blahdy

Thanks Pat and everyone :)

New Update:

Ramp LC-S (tunnel from Leverett Circle, joins as onramp to I-93 SBD) is now being constructed.  Base structure is finished.

Closer up shots of work in progress:

Cable-stayed bridge south tower is almost finished (concrete texture is now properly mapped), just need couple more geometric adjustments before cabling operation can start:

Heblem

WOW!! this also could be great for a racing video game!! excellent work!  :thumbsup:

FrankU

This is good enough for a real life bridge design competition...

I am not sure my computer is going to eat this....

rickmastfan67

Shadow Assassin

I agree with the above poster (though I do not condone his smiley abuse :P)... this is freakin' awesome!
New Horizons Productions
Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dedgren ♦ dmscopio ♦ Ennedi
emilin ♦ Heblem ♦ jplumbley ♦ moganite ♦ M4346 ♦ papab2000
Shadow Assassin ♦ Tarkus ♦ wouanagaine
See my uploads on the LEX!

Pat

Yup what everyone else has said Blahdy but i must add a twist WOW!!!!!!!!!!

ejeff2007

One of those ramp pictures was so beautiful I had to save it as my desktop wallpaper.  This is AMAZING stuff folks!

Starmanw402007

Great Work on those Bridges. Love thoe ramps going into the tunnel.

Your Friend;
Mayor Of Steven's Point & Maxiston
(Proud To Be Cites Of Sim Nation)
Your Friend;
Mayor Of Steven's Point & Maxiston
(Proud To Be Cities Of Sim Nation!)

Filasimo

i gotta say the second to last picture was just sick blahdy...just really really sick!!  :P
Plaza Mall Project
http://sc4devotion.com/forums/index.php?topic=2171.0
Coming Soon to the LEX!

NAM Team
What can NAM do for you?
//