• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Plaza Mall project

Started by Heblem, August 26, 2007, 03:17:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Heblem

nice!  ;) have a good vacations   :)

autoVino

Quote from: Heblem on September 05, 2007, 03:54:07 PM
:::Bad news::::

I dont have enough ram to continue in making lights for the model and not sure for exporting this whole thing... (in pieces as i said)

Soon (not sure when) i will get new ram for my computer, and probably i could continue working at this mall  ;)

Are you talking about rendering it?  I think there is a ram maximum for gmax, maybe 300mb or so, (like in 3ds max).  I know that in 3ds max you can change that value so probably in gmax you can somehow change it using scripts... but I think this is for image size and storage and stuff like that so it might not effect night lights and such...(check in the task manager and If I'm not mistaken, during rendering gmax will never use more ram then a certain value (300mb?)... I have my ram max for 3ds max set at 700mb, and it usually stays around 698mb or so when rendering complex scenes... )
(gosh, I feel like the grim reaper, bringing in all the bad news...)

EDGE4194

:o wow- this is absolutely amazing! I can't wait to see this released.  &apls  &apls  &apls  &apls

Yoder7652

just one comment...I might consider scaling down some of the roof junk, it tends to completely overwhelm certain parts of the roof particularly alongside the skylights. This is shaping up to be a great bat. If it does go over the 16 tile limit, you could easily render the building in parts and assemble them in LE...I've had to do this with several of my bats  ::)

autoVino

Quote from: Yoder7652 on September 06, 2007, 04:25:06 PM
just one comment...I might consider scaling down some of the roof junk, it tends to completely overwhelm certain parts of the roof particularly alongside the skylights. This is shaping up to be a great bat. If it does go over the 16 tile limit, you could easily render the building in parts and assemble them in LE...I've had to do this with several of my bats  ::)
I feel like I've confused everyone...  The true limit for the amount of texture slabs is not 16, but much larger (16 times larger I think) it's just that after 16 texture slabs you need to use extra ids which makes things very complicated for the script.  It increases the chance of problms later on (I've had such errors occure before, and this is what I've traced the problem to) such as what if your computer doesn't make it throught he longthy render...  But the fact is that this bat is huge and it will take a long time to render.  Rendering it in parts may prove to be quicker and safer then all at once.

Badsim

Brilliant , awesome ... something looking like missing since always ....&apls &apls &apls...can't wait to get this baby under my hand ( sorry pat , I'm sure I'll not resist to change the Lot .... $%Grinno$% )

Looking back to the first page pictures (the real ones) , it's the certification that the world is more interesting seen like a bird ( a SC4 player ) than for a human on the ground in front of these boring fronts . ::)

Congratulations , Heblem !

°   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °

Pat

Badsim i would be honoured if you did change the lot and share it with me.... I love your work man!!!
will talk to u alittle laters m8 - pat  me haves a idea floating around me head lol

Don't forget the SC4D Podcast is back and live on Saturdays @ 12 noon CST!! -- The Podcast soon to Return Here Linkie

Heblem

Thanks to all...  ;)
Here is almost ready, here is a draft export of the model... for tomorrow i think this will be ready and I will give it to pat for lotting  ;)

soon for download  :)

Heblem

oh forgot special thanks to ripplejet for helping me in modding this one  :D

Chrisadams3997

lol, I'm trying to remember if I've posted in here before or not and can't, but I have been looking in on this every once in a while, and I have to say I really like the architecture on this.  The use of the diagonal lines in particular and I love that central skylight and the food court dome. 

The only criticism I have is concerning the night lights.  In several places some of the walls on the outside are much brighter than the others(in particular the white ones in the upper right hand corner, and the one beige one down in the lower left hand corner.) that could be due some attenuation settings on the lights by my guess, though it's hard to say. 

Well... it would be really cool to have a custom foundation to get rid of those retaining walls in the parking lot, but having done my time in the bat, I don't think I'd blame you at all for rolling your eyes at that comment...(I know I would)

Excellent job on this.

Chris

Strechnitz

Wow Heblem,

This mall is looking very good! This is a great project. I look forward to seeing it in the LEX.

Strechnitz.
Your favorite "deliciously deviant" Empire is Back after a 2 month pause

Click on the picture above to visit Stropon.

EDGE4194

Quote from: Strechnitz on September 16, 2007, 01:56:42 AM
Wow Heblem,

This mall is looking very good! This is a great project. I look forward to seeing it in the LEX.

Strechnitz.

my exact words as well  ;D (thanks strech)

flame1396

Oh daaayum.

That is sweet.... I must have it!!!  :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
The most astounding and unique aspect of the human race is our fervent application of our ingenuity to kill each other, thus completely defying the near-universally proven fact that the ultimate goal of a member of a species is to ensure the survival of the species.

RippleJet

Quote from: Chrisadams3997 on September 15, 2007, 07:04:00 PM
Well... it would be really cool to have a custom foundation to get rid of those retaining walls in the parking lot, but having done my time in the bat, I don't think I'd blame you at all for rolling your eyes at that comment...(I know I would)

That's not a comment to roll your eyes at... it's quite valid, especially for this size of a lot.
I would also want to see a custom foundation for it.
Otherwise you would have to clear an area sized 10×20 and make it perfectly even before plopping the mall...

Chrisadams3997

Ah, just suggesting it without demanding it be done.  I realize it's a lot more work.

Chris

Filasimo

Hey everyone I have taken over lotting duties for Heblem so hopefully within the next few hours Ill be showing some pics from LE til now STAY TUNED!
Plaza Mall Project
http://sc4devotion.com/forums/index.php?topic=2171.0
Coming Soon to the LEX!

NAM Team
What can NAM do for you?
//

Filasimo

snap. apparently ive hit a brainfart with as how to lot this i thinks ill hit the ritzy mall at the other side of town to get some inspiration and plus i need some things for fall anyways   :D wish me luck!
Plaza Mall Project
http://sc4devotion.com/forums/index.php?topic=2171.0
Coming Soon to the LEX!

NAM Team
What can NAM do for you?
//

autoVino

The day looks great, but the night looks, well, kind of odd.  Either there is something wrong with the geometry or your lights don't have proper shadows; a majority of those walls shouldn't be lit up like that, it just looks unnatural and can degrade the overall quality of the bat.  Once again, my best guess is that your lights don't have shadows enabled.  If that isn't the case, I would then guess that you have a lot of one-sided geometry that alows the light to leak through the plane.  To help prevent this maybe check the "2-sided" option in the texture section, it should help.
I'm not saying that the overall modelling and texturing is bad or anything, I'm just saying that you should take that extra step and make it perfect.  :satisfied:

Travis

Indeed, Heblem, this is one amazing BAT. And don't worry Ryan, you'll come up with a good lot. After this is released, I plan on releasing a variation
of this lot anyhow, so there's no pressure.  :thumbsup:

Heblem

thanks to all, now the mall is not in my hands anymore, i left it to Filasimo for lotting  ;) if you want to make your own lotting and want that mall now just ask to me for it  ;)