• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Plaza Mall project

Started by Heblem, August 26, 2007, 03:17:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

M4346

Ryan, I'm trying to see if I can make a CAMpatible growable LOT with this baby, and I want to know what the lot size is for the one you have?

If I put it in the PIM-X / X Tool and make a CS$$ lot, it suggest that it be 9x14 and makes it a stage 5 growable, but I doubt that all the other smaller Plaza Mall Props would fit in.

Judging from your image, I think it would best be suited to a 15x20 LOT, but then the growth stage drops to 2.  &mmm

Its occupant size, as suggested by the PIM-X, is CS$$ 4,082 and CS$ 16,319 when dilapidated. What do you, Barby, Tage and Heblem think of this?
New Horizons Productions
Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dedgren ♦ dmscopio ♦ Ennedi
emilin ♦ Heblem ♦ jplumbley ♦ moganite ♦ M4346 ♦ papab2000
Shadow Assassin ♦ Tarkus ♦ wouanagaine

Filasimo

@M: the current lot size for this lot is 18 wide 24 deep just so ya know.
Plaza Mall Project
http://sc4devotion.com/forums/index.php?topic=2171.0
Coming Soon to the LEX!

NAM Team
What can NAM do for you?
//

M4346

Thanks, I managed to get it to be 15x20 tiles. I'll PM you an image.

It will be a CAM CS$$ Stage 5 with 8 377 jobs. :)
New Horizons Productions

autoVino

looks very beautiful indeed!  Awesome job  :thumbsup:

figui

first forums inhabitant from Uruguay..   first forums citizen from Uruguay..  first forums councilman from Uruguay..   first forums mayor from Uruguay..  first forums governor from Uruguay..
...i'm still the only one from Uruguay!

________

SimNation

Loving the mall top notch work...its about time someone else made a REAL mall. There hasnt been a mall like this since the Surb Mall that Goober made way back. Was curious about if you could put in a Non Cam lot of it for those of us who do not use the CAM. That or...is turning it from a CAM lot to a non CAM lot as easy as just changing the building growth stage e.g. from whatever stage you set it for to like stage 1-7 like whats in the Vanilla game.

Thanks

P.S.

Any chance you gonna make a modular like one? where you can put together different malls piece by piece?

rickmastfan67

Quote from: SimNation on September 23, 2007, 01:20:01 AM
Was curious about if you could put in a Non Cam lot of it for those of us who do not use the CAM.

As long as the growth stage is 8 or below, you don't need the CAM to get it to grow for the commercial buildings. ;)

-- James Mast, aka: rickmastfan67
Painter/Public Relations at: Masgrafx Racing.

Check out the 9/11/01 Car Set Checklist.

Take a look @ the JPG Compression tutorial.  A must read to help cut away unnecessary file size from 500k+ images to help dial-up users out.

Filasimo

Well as me and -M- was discussing most likely this will be a CAM Stage 5 lot meaning its backwards CAMpatible with the vanilla game so people who have not migrated to the CAM yet can still use it since its not Stage 9 or above. (correct me if im wrong  :-[ )
Plaza Mall Project
Coming Soon to the LEX!

NAM Team
What can NAM do for you?
//

DFire870

Great job so far, and I can't wait for this to be released, as like SimNation said the only other BAT mall is SG's mall. As long as this comes as a ploppable too I'll be happy.
After a long absence, I'm back! And I will be starting a new MD soon.

WalkingSnake

Looking great so far. Can't believe I didn't catch this thread earlier.

One minor problem with the building is that it should be scaled upward. Some of the doors look too short for people to enter, and the whole building itself seems a little short. SimCity does this to a lot of buildings because of the perspective, so I usually stretch my buildings a bit before rendering.

That's only a minor problem, though. It's really looking great, lots of amazing detail there. Also a great use of parking lot textures.  ;D

Filasimo

Alrighty kiddos as I have promised that I would try my hardest to meet my own set deadlines, I have finished the parking lights and light cones phase. They were a pita to deal with since the cones had to be slightly offset to look decent at different viewing angles. I have some goodies to show you all and I hope you all enjoy! Next phase will be adding prop detail and mall eyecandy and I should have it ready hopefully by Monday before I head out to my usual squeaky hole. ( Work is light this week and I just got paid w0000t! ) So here is an update of my schedule for this lot thats really starting to blossom but the way I see it weve only just begun!.  ;)

phase 1: parking texture lotting *completed* last tuesday
phase 2: car props lotting *completed* last wednesday
phase 3: adding the parking lot lights and light cones *completed Sunday today*
phase 4: adding prop detail and mall eyecandy ( Should be finished by Monday if not Tuesday )
phase 5: adding cycledoggs seasonal trees (should be Tuesday or most likely Wednesday)
phase 6: adding the final details and finishing touches *has not yet begun*
phase 7: final modding and upload to the LEX *surprise surprise*

Now for the treats:

The overlook of the mall area

Corner part of the mall where there is a lovely Starbucks (gotta love it)

The Opposite corner part of the mall where you got Krispy Kreme Donuts...mmmmm Donuts....*drool*  and Red Lobster

Til the next update STAY TUNED!  :thumbsup:

PS: Depending on how much I have left on item count limitations I may add more lights if I can but then again some malls dont have many lights to cut back on electricity use since the mall itself is huge anyways  :P

Plaza Mall Project
Coming Soon to the LEX!

NAM Team
What can NAM do for you?
//

RippleJet

Quote from: Filasimo on September 23, 2007, 02:58:22 PM
phase 5: adding cycledoggs seasonal trees (should be Tuesday or most likely Wednesday)

Since each seasonal tree is made out of four props, you might have to be careful not use them too extensively.
Depending on how close to each other they will be, four individual evergreen trees might look better that one single seasonal tree.

Filasimo

@RippleJet: Yeah my plan is to strategically place them where how you would actually see them placed when you go to the mall. I do know that some malls dont have many trees but they put them in particular areas of the mall. So I will take that into consideration and thanks for stopping by!  :)
Plaza Mall Project
Coming Soon to the LEX!

NAM Team
What can NAM do for you?
//

M4346

You can always use his semi-seasonal Oak Trees. ;) They're only one prop.  ;D

Also, I'll get to your PMs a.s.a.p. Just got home from dinner with friends and am at my boyfriend's place until Wednesday. :)
New Horizons Productions

Heblem

Excellent work , really like how you do it  &apls &apls

Dont forget to place the mall signal props to the lot  :)

Filasimo

@ M: could you tell me in detail how those work? and still waiting for your reply  ()what()  hehe
@Heblem thanks for your kind thoughts and yes I did not forget about your signs that will be the first things to add on my things to prop list when I start lotting again. Considering i just got home from the bar and its 4am, i think its nappy sleepy time for me. then going out again monday night for a friends birthday gathering, then tuesday another friends birthday and also gonna try to catch this girl i met tonight at the bar so yes busy busy me  ;D
Plaza Mall Project
Coming Soon to the LEX!

NAM Team
What can NAM do for you?
//

EDGE4194

&apls ryan- nice job. Can't wait to see a shot with the trees, and can't wait to actually download this.

Heblem

oh i forgot and the signals props of the restaurants too  :) (redlobster, vips, plaza azteca, etc)

RON-E

this is great! we need more malls (among lots of other things) to create realistic cities.

Filasimo

Hey everyone just an update on the lot....been busy since monday so have not been able to work on the lotting. RL picked up a bit the past few days so I hope to start on it again sometime towards the end of the week. I will give you guys a chance with suggestions for what kind of props should go around the mall area other than the seasonal trees i will add. Since it will be in your city, you the player should have some input. whoever participates with this i will consider the best ideas and suggestions and see if i can add them according to whats available in the prop packs that are in the LEX...til now STAY TUNED and also make sure to voice your input as well  :thumbsup:
Plaza Mall Project
Coming Soon to the LEX!

NAM Team
What can NAM do for you?
//