• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Plaza Mall project

Started by Heblem, August 26, 2007, 03:17:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rickmastfan67

-- James Mast, aka: rickmastfan67
Painter/Public Relations at: Masgrafx Racing.

Check out the 9/11/01 Car Set Checklist.

Take a look @ the JPG Compression tutorial.  A must read to help cut away unnecessary file size from 500k+ images to help dial-up users out.

Pat

LoL that is what ryan does the best lol.........

Don't forget the SC4D Podcast is back and live on Saturdays @ 12 noon CST!! -- The Podcast soon to Return Here Linkie

Zaphod

This mall is so realistic, even the brand new Krispy Kreme is already abandoned :D(The rendered lot has no cars...)
Seriously, leave it, a good subtle reference*

I love the mall lot, parking in LE is such a pain and so easy to screw up, and you got it right.

*krispy kreme corp. expanded way too rapidly into the southwestern US and ended up having to close dozens of months-old locations permanently.
War Kittens !?

Filasimo

hehe thanks for stopping by zaphod i actually did place timed car props on the krispy kreme parking lot hehe
Plaza Mall Project
http://sc4devotion.com/forums/index.php?topic=2171.0
Coming Soon to the LEX!

NAM Team
What can NAM do for you?
//

Pat

Quote from: Zaphod on October 17, 2007, 09:44:40 PM
This mall is so realistic, even the brand new Krispy Kreme is already abandoned :D(The rendered lot has no cars...)
Seriously, leave it, a good subtle reference*

I love the mall lot, parking in LE is such a pain and so easy to screw up, and you got it right.

*krispy kreme corp. expanded way too rapidly into the southwestern US and ended up having to close dozens of months-old locations permanently.

BtW Steve same thing happend here in Wisconsin KK went up to fast and not even a year later they all closed except in i think in GreenBay area....

Don't forget the SC4D Podcast is back and live on Saturdays @ 12 noon CST!! -- The Podcast soon to Return Here Linkie

Pat Riot

well i don't think a corp. with the abreviation "KK" would do very well in the south...specially on halloween when they serve "Kreepy Krispy Kreme Donuts"

fantnet

patfirefghtr

I know what you mean, the Green Bay one is also closed but Applton still maybe open. :satisfied:

Quote from: patfirefghtr on October 18, 2007, 11:52:18 AM
BtW Steve same thing happend here in Wisconsin KK went up to fast and not even a year later they all closed except in i think in GreenBay area....

Filasimo

:D @ patriots.....wrong sooo wrong!
Plaza Mall Project
Coming Soon to the LEX!

NAM Team
What can NAM do for you?
//

Zaphod

but whats interesting is that they did start in the south, which is their traditional territory. Winston-Salem, NC is where they are from I think

Personally I miss KK. Here in Texas we mainly have Shipley's, and for all the hype their donuts are puny little puffs of air. KK's are nice and thick ()stsfd(). But then I havent had Dunkin Donuts, so thats another one we don't have..

sorry to turn this into a donut war, any news on the mall?
War Kittens !?

Heblem

well the mall textures by ChrisAdams3997 have been uploaded at the LEX  ;) now the main mall left  ;D

Filasimo

hehe Im actually bout to start to prepare for my project for work in my corner office at home then head out in the field so in case it gets released today I would like for Hable to do the honors in announcing it  :thumbsup:
Plaza Mall Project
Coming Soon to the LEX!

NAM Team
What can NAM do for you?
//

Pat

LoL well hmm Steve its all mmmmm doughnuts good errr sorry for the side track.... I cant wait for the mall to hit...

Mikeaut1

Yes I can't wait for the mall it is spectacular work! :)

Hopefully it'll be here soon, I have a city in the process of being made and I have to keep some space left in it for this masterpiece! :)

dragonshardz

c'mon, i know the BSC is dedcated to the Best of SimCity, but it can't take this long to scrutineer something this good!  &Thk/(

BigSlark

Quote from: dragonshardz on October 20, 2007, 01:40:04 PM
c'mon, i know the BSC is dedcated to the Best of SimCity, but it can't take this long to scrutineer something this good!  &Thk/(

Apparently it can and does. I once read a great post on how its just as important for a new building not only look amazing but function just as well.

And you're a SC4 Fan. You should know that projects get finished when they're finished by now... :D

Cheers,
Kevin

dragonshardz

yes, i understand that, especially with mod projects. but this is so great, i can't understand why they would take so long with something this awesome.

Heblem

i agree with you dragonshardz, but i dont have access to upload the file to the LEX, maybe for this Monday depending how this goes will upload this to another site...

Serkanner

To both Dragonhardz and Heblem,

I am one of the scrutineers of the BSC team and associates who have a look at all projects offered for download on the LEX.

We, and I think I speak for all of us, have a high standard regarding quality. Our goal is to make sure that every and all uploads to our exchange abide to certain quality standards. This testing takes time, lots of time ... FREE time.

I for one do not like to be rushed. Not by anybody and not at all when it deals with my free time.

Bad karma points for the both of you.

There is no other way we will deal with our scrutineer jobs then the way we do now.

Heblem

There has been some problems during the scrutineering, maybe this file will not be uploaded to the lex for personal situations.

Many thanks to everyone who helped me with this project ;) very appreciate...
Please a moderator lock this thread

Now everything seems to be fine... getting this right

dragonshardz

I have already apologized via PM, but I want to do it publicly as well.

Serkanner, sorry I made you feel rushed. Patience has never been my strong suit  :-[ I am in no way dissatisfied with the way things operate here. I became excited and was being a TM. Again, sorry, and next time, I think I'll just say "Good Luck, Heblem!"

So.....Good Luck, Heblem, and may the Scrutineers of SC4D smile upon you and your creation!
:thumbsup: