• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

BSC Texture Index

Started by geoffhaw, August 20, 2007, 02:43:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lowkee33

Quote from: jmyers2043 on April 09, 2012, 06:26:27 PM
Remember that the 5th digit is a wealth determiner. F78C0000 is a low wealth texture because that 5th digit is a zero. It will only show up in low wealth areas. So you are probably best to start your sequence with an alpha as the 5th digit./quote]

It's actually F78C1000 that would be a low wealth texture.  0 would be zero-wealth, not to be confused with "no wealth".

Indeed, not only that but using wealth based textures will use up that entire area (I don't want to use the word "range").  Wealth textures are interesting though.

A $ texture is made, say 12341###-12341### (# means anything).  Alone, this texture works fine for all lots.  Now make the higher wealths 12342### and 12343###.  What happens is that these textures are sort of "familied".  Even if you put the $$$ texture on a $ lot, you will see the $ texture in-game.  They can be looked at as one texture.  It's useful because if you put this texture on a $$$ lot, and the lot distresses to $$, then the $$ texture will be displayed.

However, at that point you can no longer use the 1234#### "area" for anything else.  You would have to change on of the first 4 digits.  Since the only digit we can change in our range is the fourth one, we are pretty limited if we choose to make wealthed textures. Like Jim says though, there are a lot of textures needed to fill a range.

SimCity has also used the 6th digit in it's textures.  If the texture is wealthed, then the 6th digit being a 1 means that this is the texture that will display when the lot is abandoned.

I think you can put a wealthed texture on a lot with no wealth (not zero wealth, no wealth property at all) and it's textures will inherit the wealth of the surrounding area.

mntoes

Thank you both for your help. Much appreciated  :thumbsup:

zimmie

Gonna give a try at making some of my own textures, can I get a range?

Please and Thank You.

geoffhaw

@ zimmie, your range is 0xF7900000 to 0xF793FFFF

kaylacey

I would like a range, please.  I plan on making a lot of textures for a texture pack.

geoffhaw

@ kaylacey , your range is 0xF7940000 to 0xF797FFFF

oren

Could someone assign me an IID range?

geoffhaw

oren, did you mean a range for textures?

oren

Yes. I want to make sidewalk textures.

geoffhaw

ok then!  Just checking!

@ oren, your range is 0xF7980000 to 0xF79BFFFF

vortext

Quote from: oren on May 24, 2012, 03:42:10 AM
Yes. I want to make sidewalk textures.

Not to be rude or anything but sidewalks don't require a texture range as there're only 4 possibilities, each with its own prescribed ID. Unless you meant making LE textures to match sidewalks, in which case you would need an IID range indeed.
time flies like a bird
fruit flies like a banana

Frex_Ceafus

I would like to request the ranges fc000cf0 through fc999cf9 for myself to use on all my projects.

Sunset_baby

For future trials and errors I would like to request a range please  :)

geoffhaw

@ Frex_Ceafus, sorry, the FCxxxxxx range is already reserved for the SimMars project. I don't know whether they are still active, but once a range is reserved that's it I'm afraid.  I can of course give you the next standard range which is:

0xF79C0000 to 0xF79FFFFF

@ Sunset_baby, your range is 0xF7A00000 to 0xF7A3FFFF

Kuddelmuddel

Hi,

I am also starting to create some own textures. May I get a range please?

geoffhaw

@ Kuddelmuddel, your range is 0xF7A40000 to 0xF7A7FFFF

Kack

Hey!

I have to create some textures for personal use.

Can I be assigned with a range?

geoffhaw

@ Kack, your range is 0xF7A80000 to 0xF7ABFFFF

nas-t

hi, can i get a range too?

geoffhaw

@ nas-t , your range is 0xF7AC0000 to 0xF7AFFFFF