• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

WillG75's Urban Renewal Project - Back in Gear

Started by WillG_75, December 16, 2007, 12:30:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pat

Wow 18 k down to only 4k that is impressive!!!

Don't forget the SC4D Podcast is back and live on Saturdays @ 12 noon CST!! -- The Podcast soon to Return Here Linkie

threestooges

That's an interesting little trick. Not quite sure how you pulled that off, but it would be good to know. Nice work.

WillG_75

Select all of the objects, right click, Convert To:, Convert to Editable Poly. It basically combines the 5-6 triangle polys that make up a square into one or two polys. Also makes it much easier to work in the view ports, as it gets rid of a bunch of verticies.

threestooges

Thanks for the tip. I'm certainly going to have to try that next time. I assume it helps render times too?

WillG_75

Quote from: threestooges on March 22, 2009, 12:44:04 AM
Thanks for the tip. I'm certainly going to have to try that next time. I assume it helps render times too?
Just make sure you only do it to objects that you aren't going to modify anymore, because you lose your editing past. It's especially good for text pieces, window frames, and the more intricate details like gargoyles, and yes it shortens the render time.

WillG_75

Would anybody be interested in a simple alpha channel tutorial?

Here's my latest work. Another Portland building, the Chapman Elementary School

Earth quake

delija21

Red Star Production is now on FACEBOOK

WillG_75

Quote from: delija21 on March 26, 2009, 11:40:18 AM
Grait work....what's the size of it?
It would fit on a 4x4 lot, but I am making the lot a 10x9, as that's about the size of the real life property. Need lots of room for the kids to play.

Pat

LoL Will cant let them poor kids go without the play ground equipment lol

Don't forget the SC4D Podcast is back and live on Saturdays @ 12 noon CST!! -- The Podcast soon to Return Here Linkie