• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

WillG75's Urban Renewal Project - Back in Gear

Started by WillG_75, December 16, 2007, 12:30:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

yoshiisland2

Looks great! :thumbsup:  Yeah I've had that lighting problem numerous times, good to see I'm not alone. ;D

WillG_75

Been a long time ;)
I think its a Furniture Store from Portland...

threestooges

Welcome back Will. Looks like you're not wasting any time getting back into things here. Nice start on the building.

Tarkus

Quote from: WillG_75 on March 17, 2009, 06:37:03 PM
I think its a Furniture Store from Portland...

That building does look rather familiar to this Oregonian . . . can't place it at the moment, though I initially thought that it was the Dania store on Cornell Road.  At any rate, the BAT looks most excellent, I must say, and will definitely make a nice addition to my cities!

-Alex

WillG_75

Quote from: Tarkus on March 17, 2009, 09:38:31 PM
That building does look rather familiar to this Oregonian . . . can't place it at the moment, though I initially thought that it was the Dania store on Cornell Road.  At any rate, the BAT looks most excellent, I must say, and will definitely make a nice addition to my cities!

-Alex

It's at MLK and Taylor Street :thumbsup:
http://maps.live.com/default.aspx?v=2&FORM=LMLTCP&cp=rkk8rn4sb9t8&style=b&lvl=2&tilt=-90&dir=0&alt=-1000&scene=5573519&phx=0&phy=0&phscl=1&encType=1

Pat

Hey Will welcome back and its great to see you around again!!! Looking forward to seeing this furniture store ingame...

Don't forget the SC4D Podcast is back and live on Saturdays @ 12 noon CST!! -- The Podcast soon to Return Here Linkie

WillG_75

Quote from: Tarkus on March 18, 2009, 01:08:03 PM
Thanks for the link!  Actually, that's not a furniture store, but a Rodda Paint store. 

-Alex
Thanks, I couldn't figure out what it was, I saw "Decor" on one of the banners, so I thought it was a Furnishing store $%Grinno$%

WillG_75

Pat

Hey Will that is looking real good there now with the night lights!!!

Don't forget the SC4D Podcast is back and live on Saturdays @ 12 noon CST!! -- The Podcast soon to Return Here Linkie

WillG_75

Lighting is fixed and finished, now working with the textures. BTW, the wall texture is supposed to be tiling. I may go back and make it a little less gritty, depending on what you guys think.

WillG_75

Well I didn't get it finished today, been working on a big Project Project..lol.
I cleaned up the walls and added the awning texture, although I need to desaturate it some.

Pat

WillG_75

This thing is really getting on my nerves. I keep getting the "File open failed" error. Luckily I have the autobacks turned on, but it's frustrating. I think it's the texturing on the ramp on back. I need to do some backups and diagnostics.

WillG_75

Model and Base Textures Finished ;D
Once BSC send me a range I will finish this up, test it and send it to the LEX Candidacy mods.

Pat

Daang Will that is great looking there!! BTW is that a custom texture for the base on the lot?

Tarkus

Will, that looks fantastic!  I'm glad to see another Oregon building will be coming to SC4 here soon.  And the parking lot textures you've made there look extraordinarily realistic!  Excellent work here!

-Alex

WillG_75

Thanks yep it's a custom texture. BTW Pat I added you to my Live Messenger list ;)

Nexis4Jersey

wow , that BAT has a place in my cities  :thumbsup: love the Parking lot & roof textures &apls

WillG_75

Here's another iconic Portland Warehouse, anyone know what it is? ()stsfd() Learned about editable polys with this one, went from 18000 to 4000 polys ;D