• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

SLR (Single Lane Road) Project Thread

Started by SimsReporter, August 18, 2007, 08:53:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SimsReporter

Quote from: Starmanw402007 on August 20, 2007, 05:36:45 PM
I have a Question though. Will we be able to have 2 Passing with the Yellow Line going straight down the middle. Some the Like This?

----------------
============
----------------

Just Curious.

Your Friend;
Mayor Of Steven's Point & Maxiston
(Proud To Be Cities Of Sim Nation!)

Thats the regular in game road...lol
Come visit My (SLR) Project Thread. Located in the Nam Creations Forum.

Starmanw402007

nah, I meant in rural roads where you have that yellow line in the middle. For example where I live, Route 4 has
has these with No Center lane for turning. Acting Like a small Avenue but a straight yellow line with 2 passing
lanes. Sometimes that routes would have what u guys been talking. for 1 mile the right side would be allowed to
pass. then it changes over to the left side. Of course they had to widen that highway to 4 lanes due to high
traffic lol.

Your Friend;
Your Friend;

cammo2003

Quote from: Tarkus on August 20, 2007, 02:38:43 AM

This here is based off of the Road network--I actually have seen these in urban environs though they're particularly common in some of the mountainous areas here.  In those cases, I may investigate doing some sort of RHW-3 as well, which, with the shoulder widths, will likely end up being a 2-tiler (just barely).

Just doing my part . . .

-Alex (Tarkus)

There's probably quite a few places in Sydney where this happens, knowing how narrow and windy most of Sydney roads are... Essentially, souped up goat tracks, lol.  :D ???

SimsReporter

I havent heard anything from tarkus, so dont expect a release date because modders dont have alot of time on there hands.

-SimsRealator
Come visit My (SLR) Project Thread. Located in the Nam Creations Forum.

wgb24

that type of road setup is very comman  in new zealand
simcity buff

Shadow Assassin

Quote from: Tarkus on August 20, 2007, 02:38:43 AM
I've been learning how to texture for the TLA-3 project ( ;)) and was messing around a couple of weeks ago with just such a road type (I called it a "Road-3" in my internal files).  And I've already started RULing it, and created a puzzle drag (which took me all of 10 minutes). ;)

I was basically able to do it with just a few minor modifications to the TLA-3 textures, so as soon as the TLA-3 stuff is done, it would be a piece of cake for me to modify those appropriately for this project. ;)

This here is based off of the Road network--I actually have seen these in urban environs though they're particularly common in some of the mountainous areas here.  In those cases, I may investigate doing some sort of RHW-3 as well, which, with the shoulder widths, will likely end up being a 2-tiler (just barely).

That'd be great for a RHW-3 texture. That sort of texture could have great applications in that respect, especially with my replacement mod...
New Horizons Productions
Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dedgren ♦ dmscopio ♦ Ennedi
emilin ♦ Heblem ♦ jplumbley ♦ moganite ♦ M4346 ♦ papab2000
Shadow Assassin ♦ Tarkus ♦ wouanagaine
See my uploads on the LEX!

Jonathan

Will diagonals go over 2 tiles or will they be squashed into one tile?
But now I get what this is about, I can finally say I can't wait for it.

nerdly_dood

I think you should make the lanes more narrow--about like the lanes on the road turning lanes--to allow for a sidewalk.
My days here are numbered. It's been great and I've had a lot of fun, but I've moved on to bigger and better things.
—   EGO  VOBIS  VADELICO   —
Glory be unto the modder and unto the fun and unto the city game!

Filasimo

nerdly_dood   : *operator tone* Im sorry, but the comment you just made has been already addressed by Tarkus in his update "I was basically able to do it with just a few minor modifications to the TLA-3 textures, so as soon as the TLA-3 stuff is done, it would be a piece of cake for me to modify those appropriately for this project." Please reread his post and try again!  ;)
Plaza Mall Project
http://sc4devotion.com/forums/index.php?topic=2171.0
Coming Soon to the LEX!

NAM Team
What can NAM do for you?
//

ssc4k

have i gone crazy or is hte three lane road project???
(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")
This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature and help him gain world domination.

henryking

I would rather say it's a single-passinglane-road

Crissa

Well, TLR - Turning Lane Road - and SLR sound similar, so it's intuitive.

How about 'Surpassing Lane Road' like 'Real High Way' is the more appropriate definition of the tla?

-Crissa

Xiziz

IRL they are called 2+1 roads, so why not stick with 2+1R or something XD

flame1396

The most astounding and unique aspect of the human race is our fervent application of our ingenuity to kill each other, thus completely defying the near-universally proven fact that the ultimate goal of a member of a species is to ensure the survival of the species.

Shadow Assassin

Or just call it the Overtaking Lane Addition Mod (OLAM, since we love our acronyms!)?
New Horizons Productions
Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dedgren ♦ dmscopio ♦ Ennedi
emilin ♦ Heblem ♦ jplumbley ♦ moganite ♦ M4346 ♦ papab2000
Shadow Assassin ♦ Tarkus ♦ wouanagaine
See my uploads on the LEX!

rickmastfan67

Or we could call it the THPLM (Truck Hill Passing Lane Mod). LOL. $%Grinno$%
-- James Mast, aka: rickmastfan67
Painter/Public Relations at: Masgrafx Racing.

Check out the 9/11/01 Car Set Checklist.

Take a look @ the JPG Compression tutorial.  A must read to help cut away unnecessary file size from 500k+ images to help dial-up users out.

Kitsune

But these are also very common in the Canadian Prairies too, as the government is too cheap to four lane the highways, so they just put in periodic passing lanes - commonly the area were speed traps are set. The same thing is done in Ontario on highway 69, but thats slowly being upgraded into highway 400. The only word I've heard for them is Passing Lanes......
~ NAM Team Member

Starmanw402007

Well, I'm anxiously waiting for ALL The TLR,SLR,SAM & NWM Modds To Come, It'll give me some new Ideas to restart my city again  :D. Just Keep Up great work all all 4 of those projects! Looking forward for when these
great additions to SC4 to come out!
Your Friend;

thundercrack83

Quote from: rickmastfan67 on September 13, 2007, 04:16:59 AM
Or we could call it the THPLM (Truck Hill Passing Lane Mod). LOL. $%Grinno$%

That's what I think of them as! Here in Pennsylvania, if you get stuck behind a truck going up a hill and there's not passing lane, you're in for a long ride!

Tolsome

is this still working or ending?

Because this idea is very cool! I want to built this road in my green little state  :)