• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Show us your Maps!

Started by Masochist, April 06, 2007, 09:21:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tommiej

okay.. it's just for pure realism.. but without it's also going to be amazing!
looking forward for pics!
Men's imagination is exceeding his capabilities, that's why men is still dreaming.

rodrigogua

A quickie i made earlier in Illustrator. It's completely fictional, not even based on any of my cities. Still unfinished, obviously missing a ton of names, etc. The Purple and Yelow Lines are supposed to be GLR/E-rail so, that's why I simulated the tracks. Notice the GLR goes over the river and the subway lines go under it. It also indicates conncection to ferries and the airport express. in the future it will indicate heavy rail connections as well as Park 'n Ride stations. hopw you guys like it!

Pat

rodrigogua love that map and the details in the transportion network!!!

Don't forget the SC4D Podcast is back and live on Saturdays @ 12 noon CST!! -- The Podcast soon to Return Here Linkie

Shadow Assassin

Thread revival.

Boredom makes me weird.
New Horizons Productions
Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dedgren ♦ dmscopio ♦ Ennedi
emilin ♦ Heblem ♦ jplumbley ♦ moganite ♦ M4346 ♦ papab2000
Shadow Assassin ♦ Tarkus ♦ wouanagaine
See my uploads on the LEX!

Pat

LoL well apparently your boredom has also produced a wonderful transportation map SA!!!!  :thumbsup:

Don't forget the SC4D Podcast is back and live on Saturdays @ 12 noon CST!! -- The Podcast soon to Return Here Linkie

MandelSoft

My first attempt to map Imaginia...

Click on it for the large picture
Lurk mode: ACTIVE

Masochist

You guys all make me sick with your superior cartography skills.  Especially you, SA.

Sick.

&apls   &apls   &apls

(By the way, mrtnrln, that's a really nice map, especially considering it's your first one!)
(Under Construction)

Shadow Assassin

Ta, Masochist. :P

Anyway, I've never posted this map before in this thread [have posted it in my since-dead MD, though]

New Horizons Productions

Zaphod

noticed the route numbers, is that a busway map?

from your experience did it actually work in the game, or did you do it for eye-candy?

War Kittens !?

Shadow Assassin

Believe it or not, it did actually work... provided it was the quickest route. Sometimes the buses had a tendency to use the avenues that ran parallel to the busway in Greater Midlands, though.

In some of the busier sections, the busway is very well used. Especially over the Brackenfell-Southbank bridge (between Regal and Southbank :P) - that is most definitely the quickest way.

Most intersections are grade-separated, it's very rare that there are traffic lights on the route.
New Horizons Productions

Pat

mrtnrln that is a wicked map!!! WOW!!!!!!!! SA you done it again, where you bored again lol.... Wicked mapping again and btw will we ever see a return of Whitefall per say???  Also what in the world does TA stand for lol....

szymcar

It's a begininig of large Reden map.

Shadow Assassin

pat: Ta as in "thanks". :P

I did that map last year... I just didn't get around to showing it here, that's all. We may see a return of Whitefall... maybe. :P But I will be looking for a challenge, though. Remember the Slope City experiment Jeroni did last year? I'll definitely be taking that a lot further here. :P

szymcar: That map's very nice. :P  The only problem I have with it, though, is the big fat brown borders. ;)

Oh yeah, before I forget:

It's also in my MD... which is still dead. :P
New Horizons Productions

Pat

LoL SA TA... Nice map there and I guess that answers my other question too  :D   I do remember that challenge Jeroni did last year and I look forward to seeing you take it up...

bat

Really really fantastic looking maps there, @ all!
And yours are very beautiful, SA! :thumbsup:

Pat

BLaM Meadow Hills coming soon!!!

bat

Nice maps there, Pat and ManuelR! Great work on them!

M4346

It's not as much my map, as it is the game's rendition of the region, but anyway...

Click for larger image  ;D
New Horizons Productions

MandelSoft

Wow! How did you do that, M4346? That's Suberb! :thumbsup:
Lurk mode: ACTIVE