• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

RHW (RealHighway) - Development and Support

Started by Tarkus, April 13, 2007, 09:10:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

simzebu

Quote from: dragonshardz on February 24, 2008, 07:52:20 PM
[stays tuned as well]

What commercial breaks Palp?
Popups ;D
(yes, I know SC4D doesn't have popups)

Anyway, it looks great!
Known as Embolalia in numerous other places.

Penguins, Python, and Programming, oh my!

quackmofro

You know I'll be staying tuned. The RHW is pretty much the reason for me to play SC4.

mr.v

diagonal network over diagonal rural highway
straight network over diagonal rural highway
diagonal network over straight rural highway
rural highway over all ground network (all straight and diagonal)
pleaseee...

eh? i ask too much? heh heh ;D

rhw make my city looks pretty and work very well, thanks  :thumbsup:

SmartRoss

This project is brilliant! Now all I need to do is install SC4 on Vista, which I've heard can be problematic... &mmm I will certainly follow this (I gave up on reading 89 pages  ;)) but if I can be of any assistance then let me know! I can modify images in Photoshop quite well but I'm not so good at the rest...
I hope that my post helped you.

I am always willing to help when I can, just send me a Private Message.

debutterfly

yeah i've only had the game crash 3 times when using puzzle pieces. I've had vista for like 6 months.

dragonshardz

Same here running Vista and SC4. The only crashes I've had are due to Puzzle-Piece-over-TE-LOT related. The only problematic part is when the UAC window comes up and asks "Are you SURE you started this program?"

Ryan B.

Quote from: dragonshardz on February 26, 2008, 05:35:38 PM
Same here running Vista and SC4. The only crashes I've had are due to Puzzle-Piece-over-TE-LOT related. The only problematic part is when the UAC window comes up and asks "Are you SURE you started this program?"

[Quickly OT]  You know you can turn that feature off, right?  (PM me for more details.)  [/OT]

Shadow Assassin

Funny, the UAC doesn't come up for me for SC4. :P

You'll know instantly just by looking at an icon whether or not it will cause UAC to turn up. [there should be a shield in the bottom right corner of the icon]

And SC4 doesn't have that on my copy. It's usually a good idea to leave it on, though, because it can protect your computer from any unexpected intrusions in the form of viruses attempting to edit important files.
New Horizons Productions
Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dedgren ♦ dmscopio ♦ Ennedi
emilin ♦ Heblem ♦ jplumbley ♦ moganite ♦ M4346 ♦ papab2000
Shadow Assassin ♦ Tarkus ♦ wouanagaine
See my uploads on the LEX!

kassarc16

I just thought of something. Awhile back I posted about the game lagging when placing the RHW long curves. I recently used Datpacker and my game runs silky smooth, not even a pause when placing the curves. Did they actually have pathing issues or is Datpacker that good?

dragonshardz

[quick OT] I know I can turn UAC off but I can't due to that fact that my mom doesn't trust me enough to be an admin on my computer.  :bomb: :angrymore: [/quick OT]

The UAC unless turned off comes up when you install things. It senses the.exe file and does the whole "are you sure?" routine. Gah, safe but PARANOID!!!!!

Tarkus

Quote from: kassarc16 on February 26, 2008, 07:34:29 PM
I just thought of something. Awhile back I posted about the game lagging when placing the RHW long curves. I recently used Datpacker and my game runs silky smooth, not even a pause when placing the curves. Did they actually have pathing issues or is Datpacker that good?

The lag on the curves is my fault. :D  They are missing "dummy paths" on the pieces that don't have traffic traveling on them.  The Datpacker couldn't have fixed the problem, though the lag could have been lessened by the Plugins being compressed. 

By the way, be careful about Datpacking your NAM folder.  We generally don't recommend it, but as long as you make sure to delete your Datpacked NAM file when a new NAM addon comes out, you have nothing to worry about.  Leaving the file there after installing new stuff will create a conflict with the new addons, causing them not to function properly or at all (the infamous "red arrow" bug). ;)

-Alex (Tarkus)

SmartRoss

Is there a way of getting RHWs to function correctly on a left-hand drive version of Sim City? (I live in the UK and I've been having a few problems...) The installation went smoothly, I'll just have to have a word with the friend that told me that it could be problematic...  :angrymore:

nerdly_dood

I know this is kinda, um, LATE, but I wanted to clarify something about the suggestion I made a while back regarding line markings.  The reason I specifically suggested using the draggable-texture technology implemented in the Street Addon Mod is that I don't want the game to determine how long to make the no-passing zones, because I think it would be easier to just do what you already know how to do than make up a whole new set of RULs that can conflict with other stuff and just generally be a pain in the ***.

:o WHOA. RHW bridges!! I like it!
My days here are numbered. It's been great and I've had a lot of fun, but I've moved on to bigger and better things.
—   EGO  VOBIS  VADELICO   —
Glory be unto the modder and unto the fun and unto the city game!

Filasimo

nerdly dood: you should already know the saying functionality first costmetics later. yes we know it would look nice and all but all it is is just eyecandy. why waste our time on a set of RULs for something to look pretty? you gotta remember we have limited amount of people who can RUL and were just not about to waste time on creating a set of RULs just for eyecandy. if you want to do it please feel free learn how to RUL but you gotta remember were working on what is our number one priorities right now so dont forget it.
Plaza Mall Project
http://sc4devotion.com/forums/index.php?topic=2171.0
Coming Soon to the LEX!

NAM Team
What can NAM do for you?
//

SmartRoss

Thanks for the help, it's just that I thought that the transition between 'Exit' and 'Entrance' ramps would change the way Sims tried to use them. Just one more thing: How can you make sure what direction the traffic will flow in when you make the RHW? Sorry for all these questions but I am so new to this mod that I don't know much.

Filasimo

smartross: please read my rhw reference guide it tells how to use the new version kay?
Plaza Mall Project
http://sc4devotion.com/forums/index.php?topic=2171.0
Coming Soon to the LEX!

NAM Team
What can NAM do for you?
//

SmartRoss

I'd already read the guide and it doesn't say how to verify the direction of travel. If you're refferring to this:

QuoteLocate the RHW-4 Starter piece in the rotation ring located in the RHW button and plop it once or twice according to the direction you want the cars to go, right hand side for people who likes right hand driving or left side for people who likes left hand side driving

Then it isn't overly clear.

On second thoughts, sorry for all the trouble, I'll just remember that the yellow line is on the left. Thanks for all the help anyway. :thumbsup:

nerdly_dood

What that ring thing means is that when you press 'tab' you get another choice from the same menu.  Press tab again and again until you get the option you want.  Eventually you will have seen all the available options and you get back where you started:  you went in a ring of RHW choices.
My days here are numbered. It's been great and I've had a lot of fun, but I've moved on to bigger and better things.
—   EGO  VOBIS  VADELICO   —
Glory be unto the modder and unto the fun and unto the city game!