• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

A Compendium of Interchanges....

Started by mightygoose, June 02, 2007, 12:36:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

callagrafx

Quotethis beast is about 30minutes up the road from me and here for you to explore via aerial photographs....

30 minutes? what are you on, a scooter?  Ashford to Maidstone is 15 minutes, tops.  :D :D :D :D
The trouble with having an open mind, of course, is that people will insist on coming along and trying to put things in it

mightygoose

well junction 10 is undergoing widening... so is a nightmare and the town centre ring road is being converted to two way so junction 9 takes 10 minutes to get too.... so its 15mins before you get out of ashford.....
NAM + CAM + RAM + SAM, that's how I roll....

Colyn

There is no rule about that but as I said ... good practice ... try it yourself.

I know about the MD's with 100's of images per post ... I rareley view them because 80% of the images do not render for me so it is waste om my time.

If you look in my Shosaloza thread you will see that I try and limit the images to 5 per post simply to make the pages render better for those on slow connections.
Work, the annoying period between bike trips.
Come see CSX Play

Pat

Goosling that update is by far the most insane one yet welll errr till the next one at least.... please its just pat lol  ;)  :thumbsup:

Don't forget the SC4D Podcast is back and live on Saturdays @ 12 noon CST!! -- The Podcast soon to Return Here Linkie

stewart_garden

Very interesting work here mightygoose.  I will be coming back to see how you get on.  I'm especially interested in the RL angle.  I did a small amount of work on the M20 J10a scheme that is in the pipeline so the area holds some interest.

This is a little beyond the scope of what you are doing, but I have always had a pet dislike of the game highway interchanges in that the slip roads are always far too short.  Does anyone else feel this way, and can anything be done about it?

I also have a 'where did you get that' request and I hope you don't mind.  On update 1 on the first page, the eighth picture (immediately after "finally a couple of eyecandy shots") has some underpasses taking the road under an avenue and the road under another road.  What are these?  Are they functional underpasses?

Thanks for your help and well done on an interesting project.

Stewart
First things first, but not necessarily in that order.

ExiLe

Great work on those interchanges! They totally blew my mind!
I guess not everything you have shown us can be done with the newest NAM, so are you going to release content for such realistic interchanges in the near future?

oh, and I am sure ppl have asked you before, but where did you get those concrete/grass walls?

take care,
...coming soon

Pat

MG is there gonna be an update anytime? ? ?

Don't forget the SC4D Podcast is back and live on Saturdays @ 12 noon CST!! -- The Podcast soon to Return Here Linkie

mightygoose

Update 6
[/b]

ok new update sorry for delay exams are over and this is the first update of the summer.

Exile the walls are linked on the first page i believe, as for me i have some content in mind...

Patfirefightr here it is....

well firstly a little further exploration of the new NAM.

here is the full compliment of avenue road endings...

as you can see they have ahd an overhaul since the last NAM, the diagonal endings are new and the straight ending is replacing the maxis one. the perpendicular ending is also different to maxis.

however the the diagonal road to avenue straight pieces only exist for the obtuse angle corner.

my next point is the missing junctions from an avenue roundabout...

ignoring the traffic light junction of the avenue. the road street and OWR single and double connections to a curved avenue have not been pathed for the avenue roundabout. its a shame as the texture already exist. just new overides required...

finally on the subject of tinkering..

when an OWR makes a right or left hand turn and a road continues of the corner in a diagonal fashion a new texture piece appears.

this override i believe is this NAM and was not in previous iterations....

now onto todays big bit...

this junction functions perfectly well... however it has fallen victim to the annoying glitch which prevents two OWR being drawn out the end of a diagonal avenue. however it still looks functional just looks like a turning lane for the onramp prior to the separation.

the kep paths are shown here... notice how the turning lane cuts some traffic out of the roundabout system. this will improve traffic flow.

but i was not happy.

first this. this had a better merge lane for the onramp prior to the downsize on the NW/SE avenue however featured a smaller roundabout....

in the end i had to resort to avenues as, as of yet, other transit types have no pathed interchanges with the avenue roundabout.

until next time thanks

Pat

Niccce and sweet in the same aspect Mg that was really wonderful to see how this played out for transportation....

JosefBrisko135

Your highway interchanges just helped me figure out how to solve the problem with the grass underpass issue i had in Urban areas! Thanks so much for showing this!
Your signature was TOO BIG and TOO BULKY ... System ADMIN

thundercrack83

Another round of fantastic interchanges you've got there, mightygoose! Great work!

bat

Your interchanges are looking very great, mightygoose! :thumbsup: Wonderful work! :thumbsup:

writingliberty

Perhaps it's not precisely your field, but I've been looking for someone who might be able to make a highway/avenue junction I've been seeing around San Diego (I've spotted about six of these, each with slight variations)....

The common factor is that it's the beginning (or end, looking in the other direction) of an avenue, with a highway running at a 45 degree angle to it, and then the two combine into a highway going the other way. Sometimes the highway is straight, sometimes it is the one that curves. But the avenue does not have ramps to allow direction reversal.

(It's sort of a half-T interchange, but with the dying side of the T diagonal instead of squared off to the other two, if you get my drift. Sometimes the avenue is the dying side of the T and sometimes it's not.)

The best examples (if you want to punch up San Diego on GoogleEarth or something like that) would be the junction of Pacific Highway with I-5 just east of San Diego International Airport, or I-8 at either Fletcher Parkway (in La Mesa) or El Cajon Boulevard (in El Cajon).

mightygoose

i know exactly what you mean... the avenue access is restricted to one direction in each lane.

numbchuckwoods

Hello everyone. I'm new to all SC4 communities. I havn't played SC4 for about a year or more. But with all the great tools everyone has made on this and many other sites, its like playing a brand new game. I love RHW and can't wait for the MIS. I thought I would take a moment and say hi as well as show you my first RHW system in my new city. Any comment/suggestions welcome. Thanks

Oh yeah and thanks to everyone that has worked so hard to make this game what it is today. That is truly awsome!

NCW...

sneekypetepuma

These elaborate interchanges are all well and good and serve as beautiful eye candy.... i'm just wondering is it possible at all to take an elevated off-ramp and fly it over a elevated highway to another elevated highway or ground highway... it must be near impossible because no one has attempted ( I would if i could grasp how) it yet and it seems like it should be the next likely approach.  The closest thing I have seen to this is the ground elevated stack interchange.... is it possible to to use those flyovers in different settings ...or are they limited to the stack interchange... any response would be appreciated

sneekypetepuma

Wow nobody cares less what I think... damn ... maybe I should go back to Simtropolis... I'd at least get a response

Filasimo

@sneekypetepuma: just so you know some pictures of what you are requesting would help in getting a proper answer. and fyi if you had read through the NAM threads especially the RHW thread you would know that there is work being done and developed which is the MIS (modular interchange system). Next time perhaps you should spend some time looking at the developing threads than making bold and rash comments just like you had made. Thank you.
Plaza Mall Project
http://sc4devotion.com/forums/index.php?topic=2171.0
Coming Soon to the LEX!

NAM Team
What can NAM do for you?
//

sneekypetepuma

Imagine that... It took less than 2 minutes for you to respond to that ... and my last message sat there for month, so excuse me if I sound "bold and rash". 

Filasimo

Quote from: sneekypetepuma on September 20, 2007, 06:13:23 PM
Imagine that... It took less than 2 minutes for you to respond to that ... and my last message sat there for month, so excuse me if I sound "bold and rash". 

perhaps you also did not put it in a proper thread if you had opened a thread here: http://sc4devotion.com/forums/index.php?board=91.0 asking if it was possible to make that type of interchange then most likely your question would have been answered failure to do so led to your question not being answered. and yes it did take 2 minutes to reply back because that type of response will never get you any replies nor answers here. good luck finding an answer to your question. now we hand it back to you mightygoose and nice findings so far!  :thumbsup:
Plaza Mall Project
http://sc4devotion.com/forums/index.php?topic=2171.0
Coming Soon to the LEX!

NAM Team
What can NAM do for you?
//