• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

The Republic of Chilcombe

Started by CasperVg, March 15, 2008, 03:18:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CasperVg

Personal Awnsers
Paroch: Thank you for your buy. Thanks!
Bat: Your estate has been reserved, Thanks!
Sebes: Hehe, thanks alot. Your house has been cleaned up & is ready for a new owner!
Callbat: Thank you, have fun living next to paroch.
Warconstruct: Thanks alot!

Update 4: More construction in Askerswell...
I will be using quite alot of custom lots in this update. Watch my lotting thread for more info!

As the population soon grew, more and more voices made clear that a shopping street with appropriate parking space was needed badly. And as the (English) people had wanted, a mall was constructed.

Various English retailers and ofcourse a Sainsbury's Local wanted a location in the modern mall, now called the "Barclay Mall".

The dutch inhabitants were very angry about this building for the English, and requested a large park in their suburban community. And to keep the conflict on a low level of violence, the park was soon constructed.

Not every inhabitant of Askerswell is rich, the Industrial sector soon got a huge boom, after taxes were decreased.

As Chilcombe was a relativly new country, many goods still had to be imported. Warehouse & Distribution-centres were soon constructed.

The rich dutch inhabitants settled themselves in large suburban villas, and used nearby highways to get to their nice-payed jobs.

And the richer English people dwelled in relatively modern rowhouses, architected by the German architects of SFBT Inc.

...or in Medrise yellow buildings, some created by Maxisian Architects Ltd.

Well, that concludes today's update. I hope you have enjoyed it.
Comments and Constructive Critisism always appriciated!
Follow my SimCity 4 Let's play on YouTube

bat

Great new mall there and the other areas are also looking wonderful!

Looking forward to more.........

CasperVg

mightygoose

for the gods release the rest of your industrial lots and fillers.... beautiful work casper
NAM + CAM + RAM + SAM, that's how I roll....

squidi

the network layout of your city is very well done and i like the idea with the mall thats really cool.
i think you should add some more people in the mall than it would look really good

paul

paroch

Hi Casper,

Great work on the update there.  It's really good to see your work over at your LE thread make such an impact in your MD here.

And your English/Dutch low level conflict story line is very amusing.

Keep 'em coming Casper.

Paul

Toichus Maximus

Quote from: mightygoose on March 24, 2008, 12:16:13 PM
for the gods release the rest of your industrial lots and fillers.... beautiful work casper
Seconded. They're absolutely stunning, as is the city!

callbat

Excellent set of updates so far  &apls

Pat

Casper I cant belive I missed you starting your MD, Im truely sorry!!!!  I love it and the history is so rich and grabs your attention and the devolpment is grand Casper... I cant wait to see more of Chilcombe...

Don't forget the SC4D Podcast is back and live on Saturdays @ 12 noon CST!! -- The Podcast soon to Return Here Linkie

CasperVg

As I'm now back from holiday, expect an update very soon...

Simpson

Very very.....very beautiful city continue  &apls
My new city is now here
The région of Kaikoura

Teaser of Lopsas[+ How did I do it?]:Lopsas

CasperVg

Personal Replies
Bat: Thanks alot!
Mightygoose: They will... one day.
Squidi: Thanks, there's quite some folks in the mall, they are timed using the game time tho.
Paroch: Thanks!
Toichus Maximus: Again, they will be released when they are ready...
Callbat: Thank you
Pat: No biggie, thanks!
Simpson: I will!

Update 4: Empty Spaces - Ready for a new project?

Seeing as whole Askerswell was now finished, except for some (small) spaces that kept being empty. Most of them where once deemed to become transit stations, for the heavy railway network that never came to existance. The Government is now appointing project developers to sketch out new ideas for these open spaces. Many developers drew out plans, but none really suited the wishes of the Government. Perhaps you could give them new ideas? These are the spaces to be filled in:

Blank Space 1
This area was first to become the second area of the Askerswell Memorial Park, but as Industry moved in nearby, the plan was abolished. Many developers suggested placing a large, lowwealth highrise. The Government on the other hand, hated highrises, and abolished that aswell. The street within the area can be realigned, but has to stay in the area.

Blank Space 2
This large open space was to become the main transit hub for the city, where all forms of transportation would come together and would allow the inhabitants to jump into another form of public (or private) transportation very easily, and close to downtown. With the plan to build a heavy railwaysystem abolished, the transit hub was cancelled and a large mall was suggested. The government thought it was a great idea, but didn't want to fund it very high. As a result, the mall was build out of low-quality materials, and soon had to close down because of various hazards.

Blank space 3
This area was supposed to act both as a minor transit hub, and as a civic centre. The civic centre was partly build, both the Askerswell College and Civic Office got finished and are still in use. All others where abolished because of the build of the Giant Mall.

Blank space 4
This space and the area around it was supposed to become a ghetto for the Dutch inhabitants. The international community thought that was unfitting, and the 'idea' was abolished. Most of the area became medium wealth lowrise, but that area remained uninhabited.

If you have an idea for any (or all) of the blank area's, please post here and I'll pick the most fitting suggestion, build it in the city, and dedicate it to you  :D

---

Anyways, the existant highways in Askerswell got pretty clogged, so I decided to add a new one in the most "dense" populated area.

Before

After

Hope you enjoyed this update, and be sure to suggest!

sebes

Ok, this is what I would do with the open spaces:

1. A forrested park, maybe with an open air theater
2. A stadium and an entertainment mall (cinemax, danceclub etc)
3. A culture mall (musea, library,art sculptures etc)
4. Small offices probably
Check my MD:               
Rhenen,NN

CasperVg

Due to unforseen events & SC4 troubles/reinstall I'll have to quit/postpone this MD. I found out that MDing doesn't really compromise my playingstyle anyways, aswell.