• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Virus alert on one of your files

Started by jayhunt, January 29, 2010, 03:40:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jayhunt

Hi not sure if this should be put here but i downloaded BSC BAT Props - T1 Vol3 found here http://sc4devotion.com/csxlex/lex_filedesc.php?lotGET=1764

i unzipped it and my mcafee popped up with:

McAfee has blocked a potentially unwanted program (PUP) on your computer. If you do not recognize it, we recommend that you remove the program.
About this Potentially Unwanted Program
Name: generic!bg.gms
Location: C:\Users\Jay\Documents\SimCity 4\downloads\Install BSC BAT Props - T1 Vol3\Install BSC BAT Props - T1 Vol3.exe

is my mcafee  acting up and it is safe to install or should i delete it straight away

Andreas

Yet another false alarm, you can safely install the file. After all it's not reported as a virus, but as a "potentially unwanted program". I assume you would like to install it as a wanted dependency file, though. ;)
Andreas

jayhunt

lol ok i did think it was mcafee being stupid as normal ::) thanks

jmyers2043

I concur with what Andreas said. I have McAfee myself. About a month ago it told me that a bunch of CityNut files were suspect. Gee I thought to myself. I've only had those files on my HD for a couple of years and McAfee had scanned them time and again prior without so much as blinking an eye.   ::)   

Thanks for the report.

Jim Myers  (5th member of SC4 Devotion)