• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Image / Graphic Problems on SC4D?

Started by thundercrack83, April 18, 2007, 09:10:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

IanB

Quote from: Elektra on April 23, 2007, 09:20:23 PM
I am glad I could help out and your problems have been corrected.  :thumbsup:

Well, no, the problems weren't corrected. They were worked around in a way that shouldn't be necessary by the browser. As a new forum member/LEX user I was also puzzling over this, getting no images at all through the LEX even though logged in. I can understand multi-megabyte download files being hotlink-protected, but not the thumbnails so that you can browse and choose them. There is no reason for a site user to change the referrer restriction on their browser for most sites on the web, a privacy setting of *no* referrer is perfectly normal, so the misconfiguration is in the web server hosting the images. That is why it reports a permissions error. That should be fixed at source, not making users change their privacy settings which operate globally for all websites, not just this one.

But since you aren't interested in altering the site hotlinking protection to solve this (removing it only for the thumbnail images), there is a better workaround for FireFox users. Install the RefControl addon at https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/953 which allows fine control over which referrers are sent to which sites, with sensible global defaults that protect your privacy. The "Forge (send site root)" option fixes the issue with the LEX and this forum.

albireo38

Hello,

I'm new on your SC4 Fansite. IE7 and Firefox don't load any pictures. I try to correct on firefox in the configuration but it doesn't work. Does anyone can help me ?

Thank you

Albireo38