• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Log booms?

Started by wes.janson, February 17, 2010, 11:35:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

wes.janson

I have looked and looked, but I don't think this has been done yet. Living in Metro Vancouver, I am used to seeing log booms scattered along the sides of the Fraser River and it's always something that I wished I had in SC4. Since I can't BAT my way out of a cardboard box ( Hell.. I couldn't even make a cardboard box :D ), I was wondering if someone wanted to take up the challenge.

Any takers?

Henrik Sedin: 82gp 29g 83a 112p - 2009/2010 Art Ross/Hart Trophy winner!

rooker1

A picture to pique someone's interest would be a good idea next time.  ;)

This happens to be a Log Boom from the Fraser River.

Robin  :thumbsup:
Call me Robin, please.

wes.janson

Henrik Sedin: 82gp 29g 83a 112p - 2009/2010 Art Ross/Hart Trophy winner!

cogeo

I think this isn't hard to make. Quite a few BATters have made log models. The only difference would be to move them half under the "ground" level (so that they will look half underwater). There is another restriction, these can't be made by putting together some log props, as the model can only be displayed as the main building, so as to be displayed on the water surface; so the BATter should make models consisting of whole pieces like that, not individual logs. And in order to avoid an awfully repeat pattern, some three or four variatiosn must be made (the player can then rotate the lots while plopping, for more variations).

Lotting shouldn't be hard, the lots should only contain the main building and nothing more (the base texture should be removed). And the lots don't need to be bigger than 1x1, the model can be overhanging, if a bigger model is desired.

I totally back your request. I would request a similar thing too (fisheries).