• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Rayden's Shosaloza (Mount Robson)

Started by Rayden, December 19, 2006, 03:33:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Alek King of SC4

i think the snow line looks just fine, can't wait to see more

Rayden

A couple more teasing shots before I start showing some building work.

&hlp 24 hours more to start my holidays &hlp

Then, guess what,

bat

jacqulina

wow those are excellent shots so much great detail to see,you allways do such amazing work my friend

mattb325

Lovely landbridge there. Can't wait to see what you make of the map once you start building :thumbsup:

sebes

Very beautiful. You really deserve a good holiday after this! Enjoy it.
Check my MD:               
Rhenen,NN

sam

pvarcoe

Very nice work with the ploppable water and rocks Rayden.
It is quite tricky to make that stuff look realistic and yours looks great.

Rayden

Well, with the new NAM out I had to make a quick clean-up on my plugins folder, something were going wrong, now it's ok. I took the chance as well to change the terrain and rock mods too. Here is the final result. I also started the first quad of the map. I will have some close-ups soon.

This is the continuation of the stream, on the valley (city 2).

Terraforming works...

Zoning works...

After the click...

Region Census View
Click to enlarge

sebes

Nice valley, but... weren't you supposed to be skiing now?
Check my MD:               
Rhenen,NN

Rayden

Quote from: sebes on January 07, 2007, 07:29:51 AM
Nice valley, but... weren't you supposed to be skiing now?

Leaving this Friday and comeback on the 21stJan  &dance ... and it ain't skiing, it's snowboarding  ;)

mattb325

That is a lovely valley and a great start to the region!

bat

The continuation of the stream looks very beautiful and the rural area in the valley looks wonderful!

Alek King of SC4

Quote from: Rayden on January 07, 2007, 07:45:23 AM
Leaving this Friday and comeback on the 21stJan  &dance ... and it ain't skiing, it's snowboarding  ;)

awww yeah i love snowboarding too, no trip for me this year, but hopefully with some increased penny pinching i can make it out to Whistler next february or so.

post some pics of your trip when you get back and have fun.

ps this is my favorite shosaloza map so far, very tasteful

NikNik

Great valley Rayden!

I wonder how you get from that valley over the mountains.
I remember on Simtropolis there was a CJ were they described how to build a hidden tunnel which might go right through mountains to the next map. I think they used a hole digger and a special overhanging lot to cover the hole.

But I am not sure. I am looking forward if you are going to try that.

Nik-Nik

dioangel

Outstanding work Rayden!!   &apls Oh by the way... I still love playing mortal kombat!  :D

"Beethoven is known for writting the most daring music has ever known to man...DioAngel is known for writting outragous stories has ever known to a lady."
My new MD: http://sc4devotion.com/forums/index.php?topic=6796.0

dedgren

Silvio, you can't hide from me by playing Shootzawhatsis.

...not with work this beautiful...

I know you're having a great time on your vacation, my friend, but I'm rooting for the calendar to hurry up and bring you back so that we can see more of this.

David
D. Edgren

Please call me David...

Three Rivers Region- A collaborative development of the SC4 community
The 3RR Quick Finder [linkie]

I aten't dead.  —  R.I.P. Granny Weatherwax

Rayden

Quote from: Alek King of SC4 on January 10, 2007, 06:15:57 AM
awww yeah i love snowboarding too, no trip for me this year, but hopefully with some increased penny pinching i can make it out to Whistler next february or so.

post some pics of your trip when you get back and have fun.

ps this is my favorite shosaloza map so far, very tasteful

I'm back, thanks guys for the compliments and Alek for the good wishes. Here is a pic of my vacations, one of over 400 and some movies. I'll try to post some of them on a different thread. About this Shosaloza game, I already have some more pics tken and I'll be posting them sometime today, after I pass them through the Photoshop.

See you later guys

Alek King of SC4

hey cool those mountains look quite spectacular, the snow cover looks a bit thin, i hear europe has had a bad year if you like it cold and snowy.  The weather is such a wild card when planning a trip since u have to plan so far ahead to get a good price, u never can predict the snow conditions.  (unless u are lucky enough to live close by  ;)

I remember going to Utah once in January after hearing about how great the snow is supposed to be, the fist day was alright, snowed a little maybe 6-8cm, but the rest of the week was almost hot. You could ride in a long sleeve t-shirt.

pvarcoe

Quotehey cool those mountains look quite spectacular, the snow cover looks a bit thin

hehe Alex, For a second, I thought you were talking about the last region shot  :D

Rayden, That last Region Census view shot is just excellent.
Great choice of terrain and tree mods.
The snow line looks great too!