• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Kwanyoni Bridge ... keeping it basic

Started by Colyn, April 22, 2007, 11:12:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

M4346

Yes, definitely awesome!  :thumbsup:

I would also like to add my voice to the chorus of "wooden texture!"  :P

Great work being done here!  &apls

EDIT: For what it's worth...

Welcome to Page 2! :P
New Horizons Productions
Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dedgren ♦ dmscopio ♦ Ennedi
emilin ♦ Heblem ♦ jplumbley ♦ moganite ♦ M4346 ♦ papab2000
Shadow Assassin ♦ Tarkus ♦ wouanagaine

Colyn

JR it is close t midnigt and I saw your post ... been very busy ... I am re-rendering now ...

Those rings is supposed to be there ... it is the ends of LOGS ;)

I am leaving on my trip in 5 hours ... hope to get this render out and off to you.

The bridge looks great and when I am back I will do other versions ... one for streets with a timber deck and I want to do one with lots of jungle creepers and vines on the structure.

I also want to do one or two really low level bush bridges that consists totally out of logs and timber.

Thanks for you efforts.
Work, the annoying period between bike trips.
Come see CSX Play

HabLeUrG

that are some good ideas   :thumbsup: good luck on you projects, only 1 favor  ;D could you make for rail version bridges with the same design are you planing, so you only need to change the texture of the road, to a rail texture  ;)

Shadow Assassin

Well, you did a great job, Colyn. I was wondering, could the gap between supports be widened to 2 tiles? It'd make it look better, and allow somewhat more room in building the actual bridge. :P
New Horizons Productions
Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dedgren ♦ dmscopio ♦ Ennedi
emilin ♦ Heblem ♦ jplumbley ♦ moganite ♦ M4346 ♦ papab2000
Shadow Assassin ♦ Tarkus ♦ wouanagaine
See my uploads on the LEX!

thundercrack83

This bridge looks great! Amazing work, Colyn!

Tarkus

Colyn, this bridge of yours is fantastic--it's very different than all the others out there, and brings much needed variety.   &apls  Glad to hear you're doing wooden deck versions as well.  Looking forward to seeing the end result. :thumbsup:

-Alex

jeronij

Finally I had sometime to play witht the start piece, and fix it  ;D

Btw, the rendering problem for that piece was the complexity of the LOD's. I changed them to this:

which worked fine  ;)

I will email the bridge to Colyn so he can pack it when he comes back from his tour.

Oh, I also moved the piece 8 meters to the center, to make it work as an overhanging prop...and works fine as well
I am currently not active - Please, contact Tarkus for any site related matter. Thanks for enjoying SC4D :D

Autism Awareness;  A Father Shares
Mallorca My Mayor Diary

thundercrack83

Great work, jeronij and Colyn! This bridge adds some much needed diversity!

Filasimo

awesome work we need more rural bridges for the "middle of nowhere" areas :thumbsup:
Plaza Mall Project
http://sc4devotion.com/forums/index.php?topic=2171.0
Coming Soon to the LEX!

NAM Team
What can NAM do for you?
//

Colyn

JR ... I just got back from my trip and I am glad to see the bridge ... I thought it was the LODs :( ... one thing ... those end pieces are reversed :o ... they need to flip arond 180 degrees ... the stone wall section should be facing the direction of the land ... is it a big thing to fix ?
Come see CSX Play

jeronij

no problem. I had to merge the model and it seems that something went upside down  ::)
I have to add a custom Icon as well.
When finished I will let you know  ;)
I am currently not active - Please, contact Tarkus for any site related matter. Thanks for enjoying SC4D :D

Mallorca My Mayor Diary

Pat

Colyn and Jeronij you two just rock.  great updates and i sooooo cant for you to release it colyn - pat

Don't forget the SC4D Podcast is back and live on Saturdays @ 12 noon CST!! -- The Podcast soon to Return Here Linkie

Colyn

The Kwanyoni Bridge is on the LEX now ...

Can somebody please tell me where I can get the ROAD textures and the RAIL textures so that I can make bridges for that too.

Thanks.
Come see CSX Play

thundercrack83

Quote from: Colyn on May 05, 2007, 12:37:33 PM

Can somebody please tell me where I can get the ROAD textures and the RAIL textures so that I can make bridges for that too.

Thanks.

OK! I'm going to download it now! Great work, guys!

jeronij

Quote from: Colyn on May 05, 2007, 12:37:33 PM

Thanks.

Attached to this post:
http://sc4devotion.com/forums/index.php?topic=930.msg25066#msg25066

you can find some. However, it seems I will have to upload the rail one.... :-[

Mallorca My Mayor Diary

Glenni

Colyn

Thanks ... now I need the one for streets ... the GREY one please.
Come see CSX Play

Tarkus

Colyn-

Here is the street texture in PNG format.  I took the liberty of removing the default sidewalk from it.

Hope that helps!

-Alex

Colyn

Come see CSX Play

dedgren

D. Edgren

Please call me David...

Three Rivers Region- A collaborative development of the SC4 community
The 3RR Quick Finder [linkie]

I aten't dead.  —  R.I.P. Granny Weatherwax