• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Base Textures in Picture Competition - Re: SC4 Picture Competition « Reply #2498

Started by Sorengaard, May 02, 2010, 11:11:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sorengaard

I have been away from SimCity 4 Deluxe for almost 2 years and therefore realize much has probably transpired in that time.  One of the things that was always a personal dislike for me was the base textures for buildings.  That off white check one that seemed to come with just about everything.  I had come up with my own remedy which required me to take each individual property and change the base texture using the lot editor.  It had its limitations but it was the best I figured out to do.  Enough rambling.  This resent picture competition (Re: SC4 Picture Competition by tag_one at 11:25:04) ( sorry but I don't know how to reload the picture itself) shows exactly what I always wanted to do.  So my question is how do I get the base textures around the building to be that grey far more realistic look?  Both pictures have a far more realistic greyish look to them.  Is there something I have missed in the past or is there some other means now available?  Thanks for any help and it's been interesting trying to get back up to speed and remember all that I had downloaded before.