• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Dragon Islands Cities

Started by Skimbo, June 06, 2010, 10:34:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Skimbo

Replies

@bat: Thank you!
@Risu: Exactly =)
@noahclem: ThanX a lot!
@SCWTC4: Thank you for following DI for that long! Sadly, my favourite rice paddie set has been taken offline, but there is another set, the one that appeared recently in my CJ, which can be found at NOB's site http://hide-inoki.com/index.html
@eufl: Thank you! The blue trainskin is actually completeley fictional, has nothing to do with austrian trains.

@Dragon in U70: Scene08 center right

U71: Roadtrip to Shuijing wan

Welcome to the seventyfirst update of my CJ Dragon Islands,

Today we're going to go by car..... Exploring the mainroad from Shì Zhenzu Wan to Shuijing wan(Crystal Bay) which came to DI by a border extension to the north. A 25 kilometer trip through already known but also many unknown places of DI.

General info about DI's road system:

Just some info about DI's roads:

Road numbers are given by region, for example the Dragon isle 2,2X,2XX etc. or the region of Zhenzu wan 5,5X,5XX etc. The route we will follow today is B5
The roadsystem is given med priority only, raillines are more important than a continuous traffic flow on the roads which leads to a very high number of level railroad crossings (Only A and B roads get over/underpasses) At Cities with light rail systems, trams are mostly given priority to road traffic as well which often leads to a pretty jammy innercity traffic during rush hour.
DI's Gas prices are high, they usually range between 50-57DyU per litre (1€ is about 35,7DyU= €1,40 to €1,60/litre) The high rate of rail usage can be explaines by looking at the fares, massiveley lowered by DI's government paying a lot for frequent and cheap rail services. A Single Ticket from Zhenzu Wan(Nan zhan sta) to Fenghuang(central) for example costs 60 DyU(1,68€), 2nd class DINorthern regional. The purcase of an annual ticket will lower the cost (when travelling 2 times each workday) to about 26 DyU(72€cent).
The quality of DI's road surfaces can be described as pretty normal, A and B roads will usually have a much better surface quality than C or D roads. Take always care about your speed, the few places with a lowered speed limit are often pretty dangerous. The road at scene 11 for example has it's speed limited to 70kph, pretty fast for that curve. So don't blindly trust the speed limit and drive only fast as long as the road is straight and the surface good.

Roadtype/Description/Limit City/Limit overland

Category A (Motorway)/4 or more lanes, crash barrier, hard shoulder,no level RR crossings or R intersections/X/160kph or lower
Category B (State route)/2,3,4 lanes, no Crash barrier, sometimes hard shoulder, mostly no level RR crossings, usually level R intersections/50kph/140kph or lower
Category C (Local important rd.)/2 lanes, no hard shoulder, nearly always level RR crossings/50kph/100kph or lower
Category D (other)/normal side rd/50kph or lower/100kph or lower

Okay, that's enough facts xD

Enjoy the roadtrip (taken on a Sunday, of course)

I hope you've liked this update, greetings, Skimbo =)
The Dragon Island Cities journal at SC4Devotion

For a Dragon Islands video click here

Dantes

The dragon flies pretty impressive.  &apls This time I found him.  :P The first picture looks very good.  :o

kbieniu7

Love the photos of those rural roads! Especially Scene 07. And nice stats, but I see your speed limits are high. ;)
Thank you for visiting Kolbrów, and for being for last ten years!

Skimbo

Replies

@Dantes: Thank you, and good luck for finding it again!
@kbieniu7: Thank you, the limits are pretty high, yes. But the people know that it's not possible to drive that fast everywhere so they are pretty careful.

@Dragon in U71:Scene 11, bottom left corner.

U72: Nightpics of Shuijing wan

Heya and welcome to the seventysecond update of my CJ Dragon Islands,

Today I'm going to show you a couple of nightpics again, and some more impressions of (Shì)Shuijing wan.

Enjoy!

I hope you've liked this update, greetings, Skimbo!

nbvc

noahclem

Awesome job with the RHWs and great looking night pictures!!  &apls

Kergelen

The night shots are awesome! And the beach looks great &apls

Links to SC4 websites

mikeski

Very nice!  I like your beaches

SCWTC4

those night pics are beautiful  &apls

..and i've found both of the rice paddies, even the older set!
it's still linked here in SCdevotion:
http://sc4devotion.com/forums/index.php?topic=473.0
"nippon denen"
so thanks fot your help anyway  ;D

uh, seems like i still need your help instead.
about a year ago i started playing again SC4 after a forced hiatus of some years due to PC's problems; this summer i've became a bit dissatisfied with the results, so inspired by your MD i've decided to try again with a strange mixed western/asian styled city and i began to search some custom content; i found nearly everithing i was looking for but i still lacking in transport networks, precisely the stations that can be afound evereywhere on your marvelous rail lines, those four are some of the missing ones:
http://img232.imageshack.us/img232/6741/77214509.jpg
http://www.ld-host.de/uploads/images/03cf7d923496b2a89857f60deb29fe8e.jpg
http://www.ld-host.de/uploads/images/4f3b7de42250c22dd9c9c5a44c6f5dd5.jpg
http://www.ld-host.de/uploads/images/5a17578b71cd5c848a3fa7f5630f4a47.jpg
(i've found most of the oters, some of them unfortunately cannot be downloaded anymore because the sites that hosted them are down.. :()   

and finally, i saw that you have a mod that facelifted the appearance of light elevated rail but i cant's find it... all that i found is the "shikansen mod" developed by Moonlight but is for monorail (and i already have the BTM and the HSR so i don't need that one)

i know it's quite a huge request sorry, thanks in advance for your patience :)
me and my (clever) friend..
f: "everytime i play SC4 riots erupts, they even blow up a bridge"
m: "do you ever consider the possibility of putting around some police stations?" (joking)
f: "you're right..."
m:

Paul 999

Great work on the roads!  &apls

Can you tel what the name is of this crash barrier. http://www.ld-host.de/uploads/images/dd3d9ea66f1a8dd08fa6262a24b8cc68.jpg
I would also have that thing!

Jaris

Quote from: Paul 999 on October 19, 2011, 09:36:22 AM
Great work on the roads!  &apls

Can you tel what the name is of this crash barrier. http://www.ld-host.de/uploads/images/dd3d9ea66f1a8dd08fa6262a24b8cc68.jpg
I would also have that thing!

The crash barrier is actually a part of a retaining wall. Following one to be specific:
http://www.simtropolis.com/forum/files/file/17875-japanese-walls-set/
Hope this helps :thumbsup:

Awesome CJ by the way, I got some nice inspiration on how to improve my beaches close to developement :)

bat

Two wonderful updates with great night and day shots!!! :thumbsup:

Skimbo

Replies

@nbvc; Noahclem; Kergelen; mikeski; Jaris; Bat, Paul999: Thank you for your comments, guys!

@SCWTC4: Thank you very much for posting thoose links here!

@Dragon in U72:Scene 09 top right.

U73: Shuijing wan citylink part 1

Heya and welcome to the seventythird update of my CJ Dragon Islands, today we're going to follow the first part of the streetcar line right through the heart of shi Shuijing wan.

rooker1

Great update.  The huge boulders in pic 2 seem out of place, but other than that, Love it all!
Your dragon is in pic 4. ;)

Robin :thumbsup:
Call me Robin, please.

SCWTC4

uh, there is a little misunderstanding  :D i've found the (rice)paddies but i'm still looking for the stations linked above and the el-rail facelift, that's all.

another great update y the way, i love your transportation network  :thumbsup:
me and my (clever) friend..
f: "everytime i play SC4 riots erupts, they even blow up a bridge"
m: "do you ever consider the possibility of putting around some police stations?" (joking)
f: "you're right..."
m:

bat

Nice tramway! Great work on it!!!! :)

Risu

Skimbo, you do amasing at laying out effective transport networks in your cities. Becos' anyone can make a good-looking city and post an MD about it. But to employ both at once?

carlfatal

Hi Skimbo,
i have to post here more often. &mmm
But what should i say - Your pictures always have the same high quality, and especially the traffic solutions are something i can´t see anywhere else. To cut a long story short: i love it.  &apls
Greetz, Carl

Skimbo

Replies

@rooker: Thank you for the feedback!
@SCWTC4:Oh sorry. 1st: THankya!
Pic 2 and 4:Search for CNAurora at Simcity. cn
Pic 3: I don't know it's name but I found it at Hide&seek
Pic1: I think I've downloaded this one at ST.
@Bat: THank you!
@Risu: The problem is more that only few think they are able to produce a high quality CJ ;)
@eufl: Thank you too!

@Dragon in U72:Scene 04 bottom left.

U73: Shuijing wan citylink part 2

Heya and welcome to the seventyfourth update of my CJ Dragon Islands, today we're going to follow the second part of the streetcar line right through the heart of shi Shuijing wan.

Risu

The vision.... the talent.... the detail....!! It's mind-blowing! :o ;D

Dragon:- #09, upper left.